Child Abuse

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you been abused by an adult?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I would rather not say

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think Meowbark, When Your dad is old and grey and cant defend himself or anything, You can put him in a retirement home XD
But thats just not right, no offence or anything but your father doesnt deserve to be a father if he treats you like that.
He is old...........52 >.<

I've never been abused. Once I made my mom so mad, she told me a couple things that hurt real bad... but she never hit me or anything. Sometimes I'd just be in a bad mood and then I'll take it out on them. :)

I'd rather not say, seeing as although I HAVE been abused, I'm not much of a sympathy sap so I wouldn't want to go through the hypocritical groaning and moaning... :)

And MB, I know where you're coming from when you say you are the only girl in the house. Ever since my Mom left, it's just me, my Dad, and my three brothers. e__e

I dont really call it "abuse" more like "punishments". Whenever i hit my sister or yell at her for ruining my life my mom yells at me. My dad has NEVER hit me. EVER. I'm like...his favorite or something. He only hits my sister for being rude.

lol, tweetygirl, i think he hast gotten mad at you because YOUR not rude. thats a good thing!

I'd rather not say, seeing as although I HAVE been abused, I'm not much of a sympathy sap so I wouldn't want to go through the hypocritical groaning and moaning... :)
And MB, I know where you're coming from when you say you are the only girl in the house. Ever since my Mom left, it's just me, my Dad, and my three brothers. e__e
Im lucky my mom hasnt left me......I think she may leave my dad when she gets a car and learns how to drive >.<

And just after I was online today, my dad made me look fer the remote (Though the idiotic 5 yr old lost it) So I decided to program some universal one I had (The one fer my old TV my mom busted) And my dad closed all my windows refusing to let me back on! He saw my background (Osaka from Azumanga in the Original Windows Background) And told me I have no life. I screamed so loud I hurt my brothers ear I think, I tried using the keyboard but I almost got killed for it! I called my brother a Fag for calling my a PC nerd (Big whoop I know 2 more things than Jacob) I called him a fag (He calls me a Fag sooooo much) I get sent to my room, I try to listen to my Evanescence CD and got yelled at to stop playing it...........

My brother used to scratch me! Since he had such big nails it would dig deep into my skin and it really hurted bad and hes

16!

Im sorry to hear that.

My Mom choked me once....thats all.
^_^ :) :p :eek: :eek: THAT IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE SHOULD CHOKE THEIR KID!!!!!!!!!! GR!!!!!GRRR!!!!

were u ok?

That might not seem bad but it is! its verbal abuse. you should tell some adult...
Or it could also be emotional abuse. I'm not abused. I can't bare to think what really happens to kids.And even adults go through this.( mostly women, witch is kinda sad)Abuse is a familiar word to alot pppll and even animals , but really it should be stopped and errased out of the dictionary.

Some of these cases are sick. Meowbark, if your dad is so bad he's brung you to the point of attempting suicide, then you need to alert the police of a kids help line. That's serious child abuse.

I used to know someone who's father whipped her on the shins with his leather belt - with the buckle. She came to school everyday with bruised and sometimes bloddy legs. She was made to wear pants all the time so no one could see. I found out, and told my mum, and my mum rang DOCS (department of community services) and they actually separated him from her for 6 months. Then they gave courtney (the girl I'm talking about) a mobile that she carried everywhere with her and if her father even threatened her she could ring the people who were looking after her. Now her father is still really angry with her for telling me or ANYONE, but he's not allowed to punish her AT ALL or they'll be separated again. Why to people have kids when they can't love them and care for them?

I also think that letting your child get obese or morbidly obese is a form of abuse. You are condemning them to a short life, and making them suffer with the dissaproving looks that they get from most adults.

Child abuse is sick and wrong. No kid (or teen) should have to put up with it. Children deserve to be loved and cared for.

I totally agree with miffiy. No one deserves to be abused mentally, emotionally, verbally, or physically. A lot of these cases are assaults and batters. You can put up a good lawsuit for some of these. I've never been abused, but I feel bad for those who have been. My parents are divorced and got remarried (to other people) and my stepparents don't abuse me either. If you've been abused, I hope you tell someone so it can stop! ^_^

Yea, I can't beleive some of the things people do to their kids. Child abuse is just sooo sadddd.

Child abuse is a horrible thing. I have noticed so many posts on here about kids saying their mothers or fathers have slapped them if they were bad. This is child abuse and that is illegal and wrong. No child should have to live like that. It makes me sick to read those bad things about kids hating their moms because they hit them and Dads who talk down to their kids. Even parents telling their kids that they are stupid is abuse. It is morally wrong on many different levels and if kids could learn to protcet themselves it would make me so happy.
Here are some websites on child abuse and how to get help:

https://www.preventchildabuse.org/help/reach_out.shtml

https://www.loveourchildrenusa.org/

https://www.kidpower.org/School-age.html

https://www.theresnoexcuse.com/front.html

Lastly here is a site of toll free phone numbers:

https://www.athealth.com/Consumer/issues/hotlines.html

I hope that if you have a problem with child abuse you will get help for yourself. Imagine living like that for the length of your time at home. Please get help for your own sake. It can get better if you find out how to stay safe. I sincerely hope this helped.

Best of luck.
The worst thing that happened was that me and my brother were in the kitchen with my mom and Steve(My brother)Accidentally slapped my neck when I was eating gum and I almost chocked,so I kicked him hard near his knee and he grabbed my hair and pushed me a little,I didn't get hurt that much,then my dad and mom got mad at him.

I have never been abused, thankfully. But I like hearing these stories, they are touching. Not like I am going to go out and abuse someone, but it makes me sad, but happy, because none of you are emo/emotionaly disabled. You are carring on with your lives! Good for you!

//Kate

Thankfully, i have not been abused. I have been yelled at when ive done something i shouldnt have but thats normal! MB, im so sorry to hear your dad has pushed you that far. Please, get help! Everone needs someone! My parents are divorced too....

Yes, and to all who have been abused, I stress this important note. GET HELP. Do you want to live like that for the rest of your life? Just know, there are tamatalkers who have sympathy and there are proffesionals who want to help. PLEASE, get help. If you do your parents can get help and become better, there is alredy one sucsess story in here. It could be you too, so please get yourself help. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back