Christmas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't mind Christmas that much. I know many people don't like it for what hs been said above - but maybe we should just appreciate it? We get two weeks of break to see friends and family and have a break from work? Isn't that what we all want?

It is also a period of time where we can give a present to the people we like, like a token of gratitude? And I am sure we would all like to receive one in return - and it doesn't amount to being bratty- far from it.

As for decoration - I know some people don't like it but I find it quite exciting. It makes quite a change to the house and is a perfect excuse to get a bit of tidying done. The food is nice at Christmas (although horribly expensive), and it is just a distinctive time of year. At least it makes Christmas-time different from the rest of the year, so for that reason I do not hate Christmas. It is a stroke of warmth in the cold season.

All you did was insult someone just because they don't like a holiday.
I didn't insult him because of the holiday, it was because of the rudeness of it all, he was insulting a religion and saying things he doesn;t know and has no right to say. I edited it so I didn't say that too so don't say I did something without reading the whole post.

I have a love hate relationship with Christmas.

Reasons to love:

• Jesus was born (Yay!)
  • Present giving and getting
  • Get time off school
  • You get to stay in pajamas until noon
  • Mom gets paid time off
Reasons to hate:

• Very hassling
  • Mom likes the decorations too much
  • Too much food
  • My sisters come back from colledge with boyfriends in tow.
  • Not allowwed to spend time with my friends
  • Too much being social :lol:

Wow that's deep. Now that we're talking about Jesus and stuff...how many of you think that Jesus is the son of God? I don't..well I believe that Jesus is a prophet or a messenger of God...not his son. How could God have a son anyway. We know so little about God. It is said in Islam that we don't even know what God's gender is...it is said that he is too divine to even be dubbed with some gender...although many of us call him "he". OH YEAH...BTW...what I hate is when people practically substitute God for Jesus! Jesus is not God! Jesus is JESUS!
Chatterbox who is thinking VEEEEEERRRRY deeply at the moment!

:lol:
Sorry to double post, but I completely agree with you. Jesus in cool ^_^ . But God is a whole different thing. I mean I'm glad Jesus was there to teach humankind to be nice, but God is like the eternal force of niceness in its self. I believe that we are all God's children and that we celebrate Jesus' birth because he taught us about God himself not because he was God's 'only son'.

Does anyone else hate Christmas, everything and anything to do with it?I think it's a horrid holiday that should go and die. D:

Ok, not really die. But I still think it's horrible.

Anyone have any thoughts? :D
I love christmas how can you possibly hate it :D anyway,that's your buisness.

I don't celebrate it, but I don't like how it's so over-commercialized that Hanukkah is overlooked. But I do like gingerbread and candy canes, I won't lie. There is one other thing that bugs me about X-mas: I ALWAYS catch a cold on X-mas. Maybe this year will be my lucky year...

I respect people of all faiths and I respect their holidays, but being a Jew, I feel like chopped liver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to double post, but I completely agree with you. Jesus in cool :huh: . But God is a whole different thing. I mean I'm glad Jesus was there to teach humankind to be nice, but God is like the eternal force of niceness in its self. I believe that we are all God's children and that we celebrate Jesus' birth because he taught us about God himself not because he was God's 'only son'.
I do too- although I'm guessing you don't believe in the Trinity. I am God's child but Jesus is God and vice versa. It's not saying that I'm not God's child because Jesus is, it's that they are the same.

Sorry for the confusion, no one can really just "get it" but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

I didn't insult him because of the holiday, it was because of the rudeness of it all, he was insulting a religion and saying things he doesn;t know and has no right to say. I edited it so I didn't say that too so don't say I did something without reading the whole post.
He has every right to give his opinions on something, which he did.

Don't tell me you didn't insult him when you sat there and called him idiotic, stupid, and bratty just because he has different views than you.

Everyone has a right to not like something and express their feelings toward it. However, nobody has the right to throw insults at someone for having an opinion.

You have no right to call him an idiot just because his views differ from yours.

Excuse me tap, but you only have 3 posts and are fighting with a very intelligent and well respected member here... If I was you, I'd stop.

I do like Christmas but it's really busy and stressful.

I never expect much for Christmas and neither do many other people I know...

We aren't the richest people ever so, whatever I get, I'm happy with.

Ok heres a biggi...

What is it with that stupid myth of santa???!!!! I HATE IT. SOME STUPID FAT LUGG TRAVELING AROUND IN A MAGICAL FLYING BOX WITH A LOAD OF DEER. ITs jesus' birth your celeberating.

Im glad i got that off my chest. ;) no hard feelings

Santa was a myth implanted to the youth so they could get more presents. It seems like the whole point of Christmas,at least the the kids,is to be good and get presents. That sounds alot like bribery. Sadly, alot of people don't seem to realize they're celebrating Jesus's birth. They only care about Getting the most and buying the most expensive thing they can.

Ok heres a biggi...

What is it with that stupid myth of santa???!!!! I HATE IT. SOME STUPID FAT LUGG TRAVELING AROUND IN A MAGICAL FLYING BOX WITH A LOAD OF DEER. ITs jesus' birth your celeberating.

Im glad i got that off my chest. ;) no hard feelings
It evolved from a local dude, St. Nick, who gave the children presents over in Germany [?]. Eventualy we got the Santa we know today. xP

You hate getting gifts and spending time with your family?

I love Christmas, but there's a couple things that get me down.
Like, I always feel so horrible getting an expensive gift from my parents, especially from my mom. Like she works so hard, but never gets time for herself, and I don't have a lot of money to buy her stuff. Plus I have no craft creativity so making something would just look dumb.

Also I feel bad for all those kids who don't get anything, and I'm worried about getting the perfect camera, pfft. I'm a horrible person..
your not a horrible person! christmas is about joy and togetherness and DO NOT feel bad if your mom gets you somthing expensive because when she got it she must be so exited to give it to you and all she want is to see you happy with it, you dont need to feel bad that you didnt get her somthing big too (although i DO understand, cuz i somtimes feel that way too)

Ok heres a biggi...

Im glad i got that off my chest. :) no hard feelings
true. but it was about some dude named siant nick who gave presents to little kids on christmas, asking for nothing in return and people thought "hey, he is so genrous and kind on the day of jesuses birth, this is what christmas is all about!" so they started basing there holaday on his genarosity, thus, santa was born. and you know, it IS fun to believe in santa, they tell little kids these things so they can have somthing to feel exited about and somone to look up too. although you SHOULD keep in mind that this is the day of jesuses birth it dosnt mean that you cant have a little fun with the whole santa thing too, all you have to do is CELABRATE in some way and you would be doing your part.

Santa scares the weebeebeejeebees out of me.

*Please don't curse in posts- I'll just change it and make it look stupid. ;]*
Haha I like guides who have a sense of humour XD

Personally, I love Christmas. I love giving stuff and getting stuff and spending time with my family. I don't care about technoligy that isn't computers, really I don't care about the latest PS3 or Nintendo wii, I'm happy with art stuff.

Hasn't Xmas turned into a marketing ploy? Hasn't it turned into cul-de-sac competitions on who's house is going to shine brightest this year? Hasn't it been corrupted into spoiling children with their unfathomable needs and their never-ending thirst for new material needs? And what's with all this argument over the invisible man who lives on the clouds and the fat man in the poofy red suit who breaks into your house? Please sit back, pick your superstition, and leave everyone else alone. :mellow:

I just don't understand why everyone chooses to play all nice and loving on this day alone. Do you feel like you can only stand being nice on this one day? This day is no different than any other day. If you're gonna call your family and get in touch with them just ONCE a year, if you're gonna be a nice only ONCE a year, if you feel you only need to tend to other people's feelings only once a year, then you know what, please don't bother at all. :mellow: Chances are, you're a lonely man, sitting alone at home with a plastic tree bought at a dollar store, drowning your sorrows with a $5 wine anyway.

Ra,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back