Condoms, Birth Control, Abortion...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I just noticed...A lot of people are having sex at a kinda young age. (Like 15-17)

Well sure its not that young, but i kinda believe that the person you have sex with should be your lover. >.o Well thats just what I think, but a lot of people(Some that I know) Just have sex with anyone, like a boyfriend or girlfriend and dump them in a week or something..>.> Like it was nothing! 0.0 lol kinda weird I think. o.o

Wow I just noticed...A lot of people are having sex at a kinda young age. (Like 15-17)Well sure its not that young, but i kinda believe that the person you have sex with should be your lover. >.o Well thats just what I think, but a lot of people(Some that I know) Just have sex with anyone, like a boyfriend or girlfriend and dump them in a week or something..>.> Like it was nothing! 0.0 lol kinda weird I think. o.o
I totally agree. And with my religion (Christianity) you should only have sex with your spouse. It is a sin against God if you have sex before you are married. He created it to share with someone special. This may sound wierd, and I think so too: When my mom was giving me the "talk" she said that, "Sex is a beautiful thing when it is done at the right time and with the right person." She is right, though!

Cinderpelt ♥

I totally agree. And with my religion (Christianity) you should only have sex with your spouse. It is a sin against God if you have sex before you are married. He created it to share with someone special. This may sound wierd, and I think so too: When my mom was giving me the "talk" she said that, "Sex is a beautiful thing when it is done at the right time and with the right person." She is right, though!  

Cinderpelt ♥
Yes, and you are entitled to believe with your spouse is the only sex you should have, but if some others don't want to do it that way, the second best way is do it with someone you love and trust. You don't need to be married IMHO.

Wow I just noticed...A lot of people are having sex at a kinda young age. (Like 15-17)Well sure its not that young, but i kinda believe that the person you have sex with should be your lover. >.o Well thats just what I think, but a lot of people(Some that I know) Just have sex with anyone, like a boyfriend or girlfriend and dump them in a week or something..>.> Like it was nothing! 0.0 lol kinda weird I think. o.o
I'd just turned 15 when I first had sex with my boyfriend, and I'm still with him now and I'm 17. All my friends who have had sex are still with the same person, I don't know many people who sleep with alot of people.

Except this other girl who just recently started sleeping around. (I think she caught something also, she went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago.) Even though alot of people have sex with just anyone I had sex with my boyfriend because I believe he is The one, and it seems like he is :p .

To some people, like me, sex isn't a huge thing. While I prefer to do it with someone I love, so long as the other person is clean and I've known them for quite a while I'll do it for fun. I get checked before and after I have sex with a person to make sure I'm clean. Sofar so good xP I usually don't have sex with someone unless we're together, but sometimes I just do the friends with benefits thing.

To some people, like me, sex isn't a huge thing. While I prefer to do it with someone I love, so long as the other person is clean and I've known them for quite a while I'll do it for fun. I get checked before and after I have sex with a person to make sure I'm clean. Sofar so good xP I usually don't have sex with someone unless we're together, but sometimes I just do the friends with benefits thing.
Yeah I've had that option before with friends with benefits. I wouldn't have sex with anyone I didn't know personally or didn't know their medical history.

I am totally against abortion. You never know, you could be killing another Picasso, or Einstein. Christians, like me, use condoms, birth control pills, but not many use female condoms. There are perfectly good reasons why a married couple would want to have sex without children.

[SIZE=21pt] ABORTION IS AGAINST NATURE. DON'T DO IT! [/SIZE]

Anyway, I don't want to have sex unless it is with my husband, or my one true love (Ed).

<3. I wouldnt want to have sex with Ed unless it would really mean something, not just a one-night stand.

I am totally against abortion. You never know, you could be killing another Picasso, or Einstein. Christians, like me, use condoms, birth control pills, but not many use female condoms. There are perfectly good reasons why a married couple would want to have sex without children.
We aren't here to judge, people who have abortions probably have them for a reason. Everyone has differents opinions, I wouldn't have an abortion if I became pregnant but I wouldn't shout at someone if they had an abortion.

My friend's cousin had to have an abortion because she was having an ectopic pregnancy and not having an abortion could kill her (I think). Do you expect her to keep the baby even though it would probably result in both of them dieing?

We aren't here to judge, people who have abortions probably have them for a reason. Everyone has differents opinions, I wouldn't have an abortion if I became pregnant but I wouldn't shout at someone if they had an abortion.
My friend's cousin had to have an abortion because she was having an ectopic pregnancy and not having an abortion could kill her (I think). Do you expect her to keep the baby even though it would probably result in both of them dieing?
Agreed. I'm Pro-choice. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please don't ever tell another woman what to do if she has to make that decision. The woman that is pregnant has all right to choose either way, and if its a case of life or death...well there's really not much you can do.

And no contraception is 100% effective. I've got a friend who got pregnant twice whilst on the pill but the second one she had a miscarriage.
No this is true, however using more than one form of protection increases the percentage of not having a baby. Sounds to me her pill failed due to her BMI. BMI is short for body mass index. If you have a high BMI (which I found out when I went to look into the pill) the pill will fail or have a higher percentage of failing. I'd have to lose a significant amount of weight before I can take it. In the meantime I take my depo shots.

As for female condoms, I heard from several nurses that it can easily break, its bad percentage of protection, and rarely anyone uses it. Male condoms are designed better. Personally if I wanna stick somethign in me to prtect myself, it would be a diaphram :p

No this is true, however using more than one form of protection increases the percentage of not having a baby. Sounds to me her pill failed due to her BMI. BMI is short for body mass index. If you have a high BMI (which I found out when I went to look into the pill) the pill will fail or have a higher percentage of failing. I'd have to lose a significant amount of weight before I can take it. In the meantime I take my depo shots.
As for female condoms, I heard from several nurses that it can easily break, its bad percentage of protection, and rarely anyone uses it. Male condoms are designed better. Personally if I wanna stick somethign in me to prtect myself, it would be a diaphram :D
Wow I never knew the thing about the BMI, she's pregnant again but this time it was planned :p .

Before I went on the pill me & my boyfriend used condoms but they ALWAYS split I think we probably only had about 3 that didn't, But I'm sure we were using them right unless they were too small or something. He wanted to stop using condoms because he said it didn't feel as nice aswel lol.

I am totally against abortion. You never know, you could be killing another Picasso, or Einstein. Christians, like me, use condoms, birth control pills, but not many use female condoms. There  are  perfectly good reasons why a married couple would want to have sex without children.
Ice Mountain, it's absolutely fine that you don't agree with abortions, but keep in mind other people have different opinions. Commanding others not to do it probably isn't the best way to share your opinions. Maybe it would've been better to say "Abortion is against nature! I don't do it!"

In my native peoples class, we learned about a tribe that lives in northern Canada. (I want to say it was Inuit, but I'm not 100% sure.) They believed that a baby did not have a soul until it was given a name. In their culture, it was okay to kill a newborn baby if the baby had not been named yet, and the tribe was suffering from a severe lack of food.

Living in such a harsh environment, they would be under serious threat of starvation every decade or so. If a food shortage came and the baby was not killed, there was a very good chance that both the mother and child would die. The mother just wouldn't have enough food for both herself and nursing. By sacrificing the baby, the tribe would have a much better chance at survival. Keep in mind these people had no access any form of birth control whatsoever.

Is it wrong to believe a newborn doesn't become a human until it is given a name? Is it right given the circumstances? Before you condemn people, think where they're coming from.

I personally do not believe that a fetus is a human being during early pregnancy. It is a collection of functioning cells. It is doing nothing but absorbing nutrients and dividing itself; plants do this. It is something capable of becoming a human being, but it is not yet. If I treated this as a human being, then I would treat all sperm and eggs as human beings, since they are equally capable of becoming human beings. This is impossible, as I would commit murder once a month when I have my period. After a certain point, say after 3 months, the fetus begins to differentiate enough that I would consider it a human being.

Sorry for the long post, but I think this is a fascinating topic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ice Mountain, it's absolutely fine that you don't agree with abortions, but keep in mind other people have different opinions. Commanding others not to do it probably isn't the best way to share your opinions. Maybe it would've been better to say "Abortion is against nature! I don't do it!"

In my native peoples class, we learned about a tribe that lives in northern Canada. (I want to say it was Inuit, but I'm not 100% sure.) They believed that a baby did not have a soul until it was given a name. In their culture, it was okay to kill a newborn baby if the baby had not been named yet, and the tribe was suffering from a severe lack of food.

Living in such a harsh environment, they would be under serious threat of starvation every decade or so. If a food shortage came and the baby was not killed, there was a very good chance that both the mother and child would die. The mother just wouldn't have enough food for both herself and nursing. By sacrificing the baby, the tribe would have a much better chance at survival. Keep in mind these people had no access any form of birth control whatsoever.

Is it wrong to believe a newborn doesn't become a human until it is given a name? Is it right given the circumstances? Before you condemn people, think where they're coming from.

I personally do not believe that a fetus is a human being during early pregnancy. It is a collection of functioning cells. It is doing nothing but absorbing nutrients and dividing itself; plants do this. It is something capable of becoming a human being, but it is not yet. If I treated this as a human being, then I would treat all sperm and eggs as human beings, since they are equally capable of becoming human beings. This is impossible, as I would commit murder once a month when I have my period. After a certain point, say after 3 months, the fetus begins to differentiate enough that I would consider it a human being.

Sorry for the long post, but I think this is a fascinating topic!
We were actually discussing the topic of whether a human is really human without a name in my psychology class. Not quite sure about my views on that yet, however I completely agree with your views on abortion. According to modern biology, a fetus can only be called a fetus after (correct me if i'm wrong) 8 weeks into pregnancy. Personally I am 100% pro-choice but for those arguing that an unborn baby is a human being..technically not until 8 weeks. But again, I guess its all personal beliefs.

We were actually discussing the topic of whether a human is really human without a name in my psychology class. Not quite sure about my views on that yet, however I completely agree with your views on abortion. According to modern biology, a fetus can only be called a fetus after (correct me if i'm wrong) 8 weeks into pregnancy. Personally I am 100% pro-choice but for those arguing that an unborn baby is a human being..technically not until 8 weeks. But again, I guess its all personal beliefs.
Yeah that's true only after 8 weeks it will be called a fetus, I read it a while ago in one of my childcare books :huh: .

ABORTION IS AGAINST NATURE. DON'T DO IT! 

Anyway, I don't want to have sex unless it is with my husband, or my one true love (Ed).

<3. I wouldnt want to have sex with Ed unless it would really mean something, not just a one-night stand. 
People have the right to choose for themselves. I had a cousin on my dad's side of the family who had an abortion. She was young and the baby was draining her of all her iron in her body. If she had went through with the pregnancy she would have died. Plus the baby was very badly deformed from not enough iron. As they left the place people were calling her a murder and throwing things at her. Not very nice at all.

I do agree though on waiting for that right person to come along and shouldn't be done as a One-Night stand with someone you know nothing about. For all you know they could have AIDS. *shivers*

Sorry, kinda blended your posts together.

People have the right to choose for themselves. I had a cousin on my dad's side of the family who had an abortion. She was young and the baby was draining her of all her iron in her body. If she had went through with the pregnancy she would have died. Plus the baby was very badly deformed from not enough iron. As they left the place people were calling her a murder and throwing things at her. Not very nice at all.

I do agree though on waiting for that right person to come along and shouldn't be done as a One-Night stand with someone you know nothing about. For all you know they could have AIDS. *shivers*

Sorry, kinda blended your posts together.
At the very least if someone chooses to sleep around, bring protection of various kinds. But of course as others said It's better to do it with whom you trust and care for. STI's are bad news.

Abortion is the choice for the woman.

First off, I am sorry if this topic is inappropriate, but you are not forced to post here and I thought that it could be informal to me as well as other TamaTalk members. Thank You :huh:
Obviously, I have heard about condoms (is that how you spell it?) and birth control because I am at that "maturing age" now. I know what they are and what they do but I don't exactly know how they do it. Isn't a condom something you put on the outside of your body to prevent becoming pregnant during sex? I have never used one (nor do I plan on having sex anytime soon anyway). And what about birth control? That is like a pill you take, right?

And... is birth control considered abortion? I know that I am 100% against abortion. What about you guys?

Your thoughts, answers, opinions, and whatever are kindly accepted.

Cinderpelt :huh:
Well, you don't want to have babies then take Birth control before having sex.

But no Birth control pill, will make it 100% possitive you won't have babies after or during sewx. :huh:

(Trying my best NOT to be inappropriate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back