Dangerous Websites!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Internet Browsers come with Google bookmarked or on the actual browser. Thank goodness...
Anyway, I got SpySheriff before. I was on a 10 year old laptop with Windows XP upstairs when I visited this random website. I didn't know what it was, but I installed it anyway. All these popups started coming up and it was trying to sell me more AntiVirus software. It ran this random scan and detected hundreds of fake Viruses. There were hundreds of popups and I was closing as many as I could but they were too fast. It was downloading things onto my computer that I didn't need. It changed my homepage and wouldn't let me change it back. Same with the Screensaver and Desktop.

I finally fessed up to my Dad and said something was wrong with the computer. We ended up erasing the hard drive and having every thing erased. It took hours, and when we finally got to turn the computer on and actually get to the Desktop, everything was gone. It's good in a way and bad, too. It's good because SpySheriff was gone, and so were the other programs. The bad things are that I lost all my pictures, videos, music, programs, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and Games. All I had was a Recycle Bin, My Documents, and Internet Explorer. Everything. Gone.

But, I spent another night downloading things back onto my computer (Don't worry, things like AIM and Yahoo, not any programs I don't know.) I couldn't get my pictures. videos, music, etc. back though. But, by morning I had all the programs I needed.

The computer was doing fine for a couple months until I dropped it...Now it's dead, dead, and there is nothing we could do about it. Everything looks fine and it looks like it should work, but it doesn't. When you push the Power button, there isn't even a sound. Nothing.

So that's my story of SpySheriff. We got a Desktop with Windows Vista in it's place. I hate it. I wish I had the old laptop with Windows XP...Vista is so annoying.
Wow. What a tragety. That must have been annoying.

Yes, I know, vista has a LOT of compatibility problems.

And with laptops, they're OK, but if they boot up and it keeps restarting, you can't take it apart to fix the problem. PC's and Laptops have their own advantages and disadvanteges, but PC's are eaisier to fix.

To everyone:

I haven't heard of the 'you are an idiot' virus, but I'm pretty sure if you search it up on YouTube you'll find plenty of results.

Oh, and another thing:

Don't download CursourMainia. It may seem cool but it is spyware and it installes all of this other stuff like Smiely Central, MyWebSearch and more.

I downloaded it on my other computer once. It was OK for some months, but then one time when we booted it up the computer was automatically deleting MyWebSearch, Cursour Mainia and all of that other stuff. But the computer wasn't harmed. Not in anyway. I strongly recommend you don't download it, though. There is no visible way to delete it. :)

Wow. What a tragety. That must have been annoying.Yes, I know, vista has a LOT of compatibility problems.

And with laptops, they're OK, but if they boot up and it keeps restarting, you can't take it apart to fix the problem. PC's and Laptops have their own advantages and disadvanteges, but PC's are eaisier to fix.

To everyone:

I haven't heard of the 'you are an idiot' virus, but I'm pretty sure if you search it up on YouTube you'll find plenty of results.

Oh, and another thing:

Don't download CursourMainia. It may seem cool but it is spyware and it installes all of this other stuff like Smiely Central, MyWebSearch and more.

I downloaded it on my other computer once. It was OK for some months, but then one time when we booted it up the computer was automatically deleting MyWebSearch, Cursour Mainia and all of that other stuff. But the computer wasn't harmed. Not in anyway. I strongly recommend you don't download it, though. There is no visible way to delete it. :huh:
Thanks. CursorMania is annoying. It doesn't have any viruses, but it just installs stupid things that you don't need on your computer. Same with mine, my computer automatically deleted it.

I also wouldn't recommend downloading those MySpace Skin Creators. They are made by the same company, I think.

Thanks for the heads up! But I might mistype that goggle thing. =P

And I almost downloaded that thing today. But I was doing something else, and my mom exited it out. -whew-

Thanks for the warnings hurr.

I have to Google toolbar so no accidental typos. Heh...

Never heard of SpySheriff. Sounds crappy :I

Lukily I have Google on my toolbar :D

Once our computer broke down an the tech support said you cant click on those advertisement things on the side/bottom of a site because they give you viruses. I'm not sure if this is true :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lukily I have Google on my toolbar :D Once our computer broke down an the tech support said you cant click on those advertisement things on the side/bottom of a site because they give you viruses. I'm not sure if this is true :)
Sometimes. I never download anything that I don't know what it's going to do.

I heard Goggle.com was banned? And I am sure I have made a Typo of Goggle.com before. But it was just a blank page.

I went to goggle. com once by accident on my mom's school's computer. I just walked away and cried because I messed up the computer xP

I've done the goggle one, but with no problem. I don't know if the browser I was using had something to do with it or something.
Same. I'm always typing too fast and messing up my searches and I'm sure I've done this one before on accident. No problem, though, maybe I haven't. Seems unlikely that I wouldn't but who knows. I use IE.

I went to goggle. com once by accident on my mom's school's computer. I just walked away and cried because I messed up the computer xP
Ouch.

Did they believe you if you said it was a typo?

Cecib :mellow:

Here's a site about this stuff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typosquatting

Basically, people prey on others' typos. They'll make sites that are common typos of a larger site so that the person lands up on their page. Sometimes the company will hold the domain before problems arise so if you did type say, 'amatalk.com' [this won't actually work, only an example] it would direct you to tamatalk.com. Sometimes the company has to buy the domain name from the creator so these kinds of things don't exist. It's pretty pathetic that they must BUY them from these losers but that's the way it works.

Here's a site about this stuff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typosquatting
Basically, people prey on others' typos. They'll make sites that are common typos of a larger site so that the person lands up on their page. Sometimes the company will hold the domain before problems arise so if you did type say, 'amatalk.com' [this won't actually work, only an example] it would direct you to tamatalk.com. Sometimes the company has to buy the domain name from the creator so these kinds of things don't exist. It's pretty pathetic that they must BUY them from these losers but that's the way it works.
Some really good information you gave out, tamaw/pants. Thanks! :)

I kinda found a dangerous website that I figured should go here...

If you're in the mood for watching anime, please don't go to watch anime .org.

It pulls up tons, lots of p*rn adds. X.X

My eyes are still burning.

That's so freaky how they can just mess up your whole computer! :mellow:
I know. It's toally wierd.

People who think it's fun to do make websites and software that screw up the entire computer when it could have very important files on it (e.g: a school assignment) are complete morons.

As I said before, I don't know why people do this. Is it to make people miserable? :mellow:

I know. It's toally wierd.People who think it's fun to do make websites and software that screw up the entire computer when it could have very important files on it (e.g: a school assignment) are complete morons.

As I said before, I don't know why people do this. Is it to make people miserable? :mellow:
I agree.

If my computer died, I would cry. My photos, music, writing, videos-gone.

What do these typosquatters and other people accomplish anyways?

I heard Goggle.com was banned? And I am sure I have made a Typo of Goggle.com before. But it was just a blank page.
I know that I've made a typo of goggle.com before.

For me, it was a blank page. It's that page that asks if you've made a mistake in the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back