Death penalty

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this completely decent quote.

A daughter of a woman who was murdered stood at the stands and made a speech. This lady was only 2 at the time of her mothers murder. And the last sentence of the speech was;

"You stand here, in a court of law asking for mercy, but where was your mercy on the night you killed my mother"

Before that she was talking about how she was left at preschool for hours and she knows her mum would have asked to be let go for her childs sake. All her mother did was look after her and only did preschool when she needed to get the chores done.

It completely wowed me.

I'm not sure, because I live in Canada,

but likkee, I think you have to do something HORRID to be killed in America, I dont think its like if you kill one person (not saying "killing one person ain't that bad") usually people who are sentenced to death have killed multiple people,

correct me if im wrong.

I know this is going to sound really bad, but I am for the death penalty.

Honestly, if a person has murdered somebody, they have taken someone's life. Their family is devistated, and it was all because of this person. So why should we keep paying for these people to have life in jail, when they're just going to miserable anyways? If they were sentanced to life, there's no way they would be getting out, so this is costing everyone else their taxes for their food and shelter.

I do think though, that if someone had murdered a member of a family, they cost consult with the defendant's auttorny and see if they would rather the murderer be put to the death penalty, or life in jail. Like in some cases, the victim's family actually forgives the murderer, and maybe doesn't want him or her to die, but rather life in jail.

But then again, two wrongs don't make a right. Maybe the people who control the death penalties are murderers as well. It's quite ironic really. It's hard to define what really is murder. If you kill someone based on self defence, is it murder? In war, is defending your country murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back