Death

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Same. The worst is when people say "I know how you feel". Ugggh.
[SIZE=9pt]But we do.[/SIZE]

And I just found out that my dog - that was there since I was born, but we had to leave him with some friends when we moved - died of a heart attack. He was perfectly fine. And then he just... died.

I love you Cubby. ):

Well, no one close to me has died.

However, my friend's father committed suicide a few years ago.

I'm not really sure why, but it was a really hard time for him.

The only real death I've experienced was my dog, Smokey. I loved him more than anything. And I was only 8 at the time.

I constantly worry about my parents though. I get nervous that they have too much stress in their life and that could contribute to bad health. I'm so paranoid about that kind of stuff.

ooc: Hey DS! sorry about your friend and fiancee. D:

Anyway, there has been 1 minor death and 1 MAJOR death in my lifetime.

Minor death:

My hamster died, I cried for a week. (I was 9) No big pushover.

MAJOR death:

My grandma died. On my dad's side. He has 8 other brothers and sisters. He was very emotionally upset for a long time. I even cried a bit at the funeral. At the end they played "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" which was her favorite song when she was a kid. All of my aunts and uncle's were also devastated. It was hard to get over. Now my grandpa is all alone, and it makes him very sad. He's a cancer survivor, but he's still pretty weak, so I think he might die too. I REALLY hope he dosen't. He's SUPER nice, and my dad would probably have a breakdown.

ooc: I also hate it when people say "Ohh, I know how you feel". It makes me sick. > :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've dealt with 2 animal deaths. My cat MooMoo and My dog Daisy

My grandmother almost died last summer

No one close to me has died, except my pet gerbil Lucy and my tamagotchis. I cried when they died. My nanny and grandad died pretty close to each other, but I only saw them about once a year and they were in their 80s, so I didn't really have a bond with them. And I was only about eight then.

No.But my pet bird died last month.He fell off his pech and broke his nest.RIP little buddy.i loved that bird so much.Sheeing a dead bird is sad.And I had him for a month!

There's been several major deaths in my life. Maybe two years ago, like six of them happened simultaneously ._.

My maternal great-grandmother - I didn't know her too well, but every time I went to her house she was sure to say "Oh, Becca, sweetie, come here and give me a hug". I loved her, even if she did smell like soap. I was there when she died, she was like 100, and they turned her over in bed to get a sheet out from under her. She took a gasp and died, it was real quick.

My paternal grandfather - My granddad and I weren't very close, but he was still my granddad. It wasn't the most horrible death to go through, but seeing my grandmother crying, and kissing him while he was in the casket made me absolutely bawl. They had been married for like, 60 years.

Judy from church - She was just great. Even if I don't believe in that religion, but Judy was like, the nicest lady I've met. Ever. She died from septic shock or something, because the arsebag that did her surgery accidentally opened an intestine or something. I don't know. But, yeah.

My mom's friend, Georgia - She died of cancer. I didn't know her very well, but mom constantly talked good things about her. I never actually met her, she and mom were long distance friends. She died of cancer, and mom cried. I'd never seen my mom cry before, so that was difficult for me as well.

My friend Derek Beauclaire - One of the hardest deaths for me. I was, and still am convinced that I killed him, in some odd way, and it still makes me cry sometimes. My neighbor Tammi called and was like "Some kid, Derek Chateau or something died, he went to Becca's school" and I said, in a very joking and sarcastic fashion, "Too bad it wasn't Derek Beauclaire."

I obviously didn't mean it, but we turned on the news ten minutes later and it was him. I started bawling and screaming "I killed him! I'm a murderer!"

I know it's not physically possible, but for some reason I apply a sort of Schrodinger's Cat theory to it, like, it wouldn't have been him unless I had said it. Because there are many people named Derek at my school.

[ As for Schrodinger's Cat, it's this screwed up theory involving a cat in a box with poison. Long story short, the cat is both simultaneously dead and alive at the same time, until it is observed. I don't get it either. ]

Derek's news article.

My best friend, Anthony Sobaski - By far the hardest death for me, ever. And probably ever will be, unless my mother dies. He had a few brain aneurysms, they couldn't fix them, and he had gone mostly into a coma. My mother told me that they were taking him off of his life support, and I started to absolutely bawl. She pulled me out of school that day.

I went to the wake, and the funeral, but I couldn't bring myself to go to the burial. I wish I had, now. I still go out to dinner with his family, his mother has practically adopted me. She cries almost every time she sees me, it's horrible.

These all happened in like a four month time span, mind you.

One of the hardest deaths I've had to deal with was my great grandma's. We had heard she was sick and not recovering. My dad was really close to her, so we used to visit her every holiday and all that. I loved her, but she was always just grandma. I never really knew much about her past - I just knew that she made great food and loved her poodle, Cola, like crazy. :)

Her death was really hard for me because it was right around my birthday. I had the choice of going to see her a few days before she passed away while she was in the nursing home but I decided not to go because I knew she wouldn't remember me. She was calling my grandpa, her own son, by the name of one of her brothers who passed years ago. I knew she wouldn't be the same grandma that I had just visited the last Christmas, and I knew my dad was disappointed in me for not going, but I didn't think I could handle it.

She died the day before my birthday. I cried for hours when I heard. The next day, my birthday, we went out for dinner with my dad's side of the family. It was really quiet, and when they did talk, it was about my grandma - which I can't blame them for, but it was depressing.

We went to her funeral four or five days later in the funeral home that all of my dad's side have had their ceremonies in. They played her favorite songs, showed a video of her with her husbands - all of which had long since passed away - and her grandkids, someone in my more distant family played a song on guitar and sang a song that my great uncle wrote before he died, and a lot of people shared memories. It was open casket, but she didn't look the same..

We went to her burial and people laid roses on her casket before it was lowered. Then we went to the church and had a memorial lunch and, for the most part, caught up with everyone.

That was almost a year ago, now, though. I still regret not going to see her before she passed away, but I can't change that now.

I lost my neighbor a couple of weeks ago. He was very kind to all of the kids on my street. And the best memorie I have of him is when the ice cream truck came, and he and his wife bought, like 10 of each kind. I will really miss him. He was a great guy.

*looks at list blankly*

Brother.

Father.

Step-mom's baby.

Best guy friend.

Best girl friend.

It goes on, really.

All of my grandparents except for my Grandma on my Mom's side have passed away. They were good people but I've personally never felt close to them or anything and they lived in Sweden too, to boot. My parents and I are the only ones from our family who've lived anywhere apart from Sweden. Both of my Grandpas died of a cardiac arrest and my Grandma on my Dad's side was diagnosed with breast cancer before I was born so I'd never known her.

My sister passed away when she was about 5. My brother passed away when he was about 3. Long, long before I was born. 20 years before. Big fire, HUGE fire. The house collapsed. My mother tried to save them, she picked them up and passed out. She woke up to find her husband and two children dead. Nobody had bothered to call help for them until an hour after.

When Michael Jackson died I cried for one week straight. I finally began to eat again and went to school for my last day, when they played the earth song. I cried my heart out, head down on my desk and everybody laughed at me. THe bell then rang and I ran home, still crying my heart out. I would only have cried lightly if the whole class hadn't started to laugh at me. I got so upset...realising how pathetic I was. And nobody came to give me a hug or anything. The teacher laughed under her hand. My best friend looked at me sympathetically and blushed, she was embarressed of me. I went home and..I don't want to talk about it.

I know. I'm lame. But I love Michael Jackson. Not for his songs or his looks. For who he was. He was so good at heart, though fame is toxic, it made him take drugs. I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry you guys, I really am =[

I have a bit of a list too.

My great grandpa died when I was 6 in 1999, my pop died in 2000. I barely remember it at all, I didn't really understand it. I wasn't allowed at the funerals, but I really miss them.

On the 8th of February 2004, The day after my 11th birthday, My mum died of lung cancer.

It wasn't unexpected. She started getting sick when I was about 9, and then it gradually got worse until we had to get her a wheelchair and a carer because she could hardly move. Eventually my dad had to feed her and bathe her, and she couldn't talk anymore. It was hard to look at her because her facial expression looked like she was trying to scream out in pain... but when she died she was... smiling, and I knew that she wasn't in any pain anymore. That made the situation a little better, but It's been hard without her. My dad is great, he's been really great. I know It's been just as hard for him as it's been for me, but like the saying goes, sometimes a girl just needs her mum. =[

My Babcia (grandmother) Died on Anzac day last year. Of Lung cancer.

She was fine for a while, but then her condition rapidly deteriorated. I held her hand as she died in hospital. It's been hard without her. SHe was always there after my mum died.

Its still hard to get hold of reality. When I'm walking home from school it just feels like I'm going to walk through my front door to see my mum and babcia sitting on the lounge waiting for me... It's hard, but I have all their stuff and lots of photos of them all around my room. Over 30 years ago, My grandfather (who died before I was born) Went back to Poland and when he came back, he'd bought my mum a gold necklace which she wore all the time, and she died wearing it. When I was 14 I found the necklace and put it on for good luck, and since then I've never taken it off.

Sorry for the long post, and once again, I'm really sorry to anyone who has experienced a death of any kind.

I've never had anyone close to me die.

I've never been to a funeral.

I would have no idea how to react if someone died or act at a funeral.

It would be so sad.

My deepest sympathies go out to all who have had people close to them die.

Death, Death, I'm covered in it. My Great Uncle died 4 years ago. My grandparents are getting old and thier dog will probably die soon. I just hate it. But its the circle of life. I'm always wondering this, Are you technically an orphan when your parents die when you're an adult? I just don't want to live without my mom. Everybody's older than me in the family. I hate it so much! I'm afraid, I'm afraid. I can't live without my family. I'll hate it! Oh gosh, now tears are streaming down my face. I'm , oh, so sensitive to death. :angry:

Also, Grizzy. I love him so much. I was 6 when he died. He was the best dog ever. I sobbed and sobbed myself to sleep. I didn't eat dinner. And to make me feel even worse, My cousin said to me this summer "Why are you crying? You barely knew him anyway." I-I-I just wanna have him back. I loved him so much.

I know. I'm lame. But I love Michael Jackson. Not for his songs or his looks. For who he was. He was so good at heart, though fame is toxic, it made him take drugs. I'm sorry.
Gosh, I love MJ at heart. My family dislikes him very much. I just wish he wouldn't die. Why did he have to take those drugs? I was shocked when I heard MJ died. I was sobbing, killing myself inside. And his poor kids. *sobbing*

My grandpa died of cancer early this year.

It was so sad, just hearing that he was gone.

I loved him. Pretending he was there sitting beside me at the funeral.

I bawled all week ;.;

AND:

my dog is dying.

We may have to put him to sleep- which is sad.

Because he might has cancer.

I'm so sorry you guys, I really am =[
I have a bit of a list too.

My great grandpa died when I was 6 in 1999, my pop died in 2000. I barely remember it at all, I didn't really understand it. I wasn't allowed at the funerals, but I really miss them.

On the 8th of February 2004, The day after my 11th birthday, My mum died of lung cancer.

It wasn't unexpected. She started getting sick when I was about 9, and then it gradually got worse until we had to get her a wheelchair and a carer because she could hardly move. Eventually my dad had to feed her and bathe her, and she couldn't talk anymore. It was hard to look at her because her facial expression looked like she was trying to scream out in pain... but when she died she was... smiling, and I knew that she wasn't in any pain anymore. That made the situation a little better, but It's been hard without her. My dad is great, he's been really great. I know It's been just as hard for him as it's been for me, but like the saying goes, sometimes a girl just needs her mum. =[

My Babcia (grandmother) Died on Anzac day last year. Of Lung cancer.

She was fine for a while, but then her condition rapidly deteriorated. I held her hand as she died in hospital. It's been hard without her. SHe was always there after my mum died.

Its still hard to get hold of reality. When I'm walking home from school it just feels like I'm going to walk through my front door to see my mum and babcia sitting on the lounge waiting for me... It's hard, but I have all their stuff and lots of photos of them all around my room. Over 30 years ago, My grandfather (who died before I was born) Went back to Poland and when he came back, he'd bought my mum a gold necklace which she wore all the time, and she died wearing it. When I was 14 I found the necklace and put it on for good luck, and since then I've never taken it off.

Sorry for the long post, and once again, I'm really sorry to anyone who has experienced a death of any kind.
But then who do you live with?

Also, that post made me cry. ;-;

I'm really sorry, but this topic has to end.

here is one of the rules of tamatalk.

10. Please no thread about death, dying, cancer, suicide etc. We do care but TamaTalk is not the place to post them.

Sorry :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back