Digimon Tamagotchi Group Hatch (Oct 4th 2022)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the glow-in-the-dark one is popular! I really was hoping the purple one I got would be appealing. But it's more of a pinkish purple. I have it activated and going to let it get to child stage, connect it to my main one, then reset it to have a new username and repeat that process 5 times so I can unlock all the eggs on my glow-in-the-dark one.

I had no idea that's how that worked.....ooops I reset mine after putting fresh batteries in because I usually do two digimon lol my husband found this for me randomly while grocery shopping and he has an original from 97 in storage that he's going to give me once we find it.

My first group hatch! I’ve been really excited about this. I have had virtual pet logs before, but they’ve all been written in journals and notebooks. Something I’ve done with nearly virtual pet I’ve ran is that I’ve given them names, normally after a theme. In risk of looking obsessed, I’ve been doing a “Cowboy Bebop” themed run of 20th anniversary Digimon. I currently have a Blitz Greymon named Jet on this device, so the egg I’ll be hatching for this log is my second. I’ve decided I’m going to try to get a Monzaemon. Meet Ed!

ed.png

Ed started her life as a Botamon before evolving into a Koromon. I took good care of her in this stage, making her evolve into an Agumon later today. Now that she is an Agumon, things get interesting. To get a Numemon, you need to take extremely poor care of either Agumon or Betamon. 3+ care mistakes are needed. I’ve decided to ignore her hunger and strength stats, with tonight not tucking her into bed. Hopefully this works!

Quick comment, raising two Digimon on the 20th anniversary device is surprisingly smooth. I feel like Jet and Ed aren’t fighting for my attention and the transition of taking care of one grown monster to one in its child stage isn’t jarring. Great fun, this virtual pet is extremely well thought out.

I went out earlier, and I took the wrong one with me. Came home and it had turned into Betamon.

But yes, you only need to connect with 5 other Version 20s that all have different usernames. So even if you connect to 5 different ones, if you used the same name for all the "accounts". It will only register that you only have connected with 1 unique device. So if you can't afford to buy 6 of them total. If you have at least 2. You can reset one of them 5 times, and be sure to use a different name each time, or it will not register them all.

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 0
I ran out to the store and forgot Ovaltine Jenkins at home he became an agumon while I was gone. I love tucking them into bed

Attachments

• 16649376433969167671559535164734.jpg
    16649376433969167671559535164734.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I connected the purple one to my glow-in-the-dark one, and tabbed up the purple one, and activated the yellow one I also got. Once it turns into rookie form, I will connect it and then tab it back up, and activate the orange one with stripes I bought too. 5 of the 6 of them I bought came this morning. But the one I really wanted to play the most didn't come today. With me going ahead and raising all mine to Rookie, and tabbing them up. Then they will always be battle ready as soon as I untab them. Once the one that I wanted to play the most has come, I will activate it, raise it to Rookie - connect it with all the other ones, and get my Luna egg as soon as its ready to battle. I sorta went a little nuts and bought 1 of each version - except for the version A (Tai's Agumon line). When choosing the 6th one, I knew I would have to get another of one of the versions. So I chose to get the Greymon Orange with blue stripes one as the 6th one. The one that I am still waiting for is the Dark Camaflauge design with glow in the dark buttons, and cage around the screen. I will however still play and log the glow-in-the-dark one and its progress up to the last stage I get it to. Then any hatchings I host after this one will be from my dark camo one.

I like the name, Whatsername85. 😝

Stray comment, it would be cool (if it hasn’t already happened) if there was a Digimon pet that you could connect online to fight other people’s monsters. I wonder who would be the strongest from this group hatch!

My first group hatch! I’ve been really excited about this. I have had virtual pet logs before, but they’ve all been written in journals and notebooks. Something I’ve done with nearly virtual pet I’ve ran is that I’ve given them names, normally after a theme. In risk of looking obsessed, I’ve been doing a “Cowboy Bebop” themed run of 20th anniversary Digimon. I currently have a Blitz Greymon named Jet on this device, so the egg I’ll be hatching for this log is my second. I’ve decided I’m going to try to get a Monzaemon. Meet Ed!

View attachment 8623

Ed started her life as a Botamon before evolving into a Koromon. I took good care of her in this stage, making her evolve into an Agumon later today. Now that she is an Agumon, things get interesting. To get a Numemon, you need to take extremely poor care of either Agumon or Betamon. 3+ care mistakes are needed. I’ve decided to ignore her hunger and strength stats, with tonight not tucking her into bed. Hopefully this works!

Quick comment, raising two Digimon on the 20th anniversary device is surprisingly smooth. I feel like Jet and Ed aren’t fighting for my attention and the transition of taking care of one grown monster to one in its child stage isn’t jarring. Great fun, this virtual pet is extremely well thought out.

Perhaps I should start naming mine as well. Maybe after this run is over I will start doing that. Monzaemon was actually the very first ultimate stage I go back on the original V1. College made caring for these things really hard, and I was just on a roll with getting nothing but Numemon's. 1 Weekend I decided, I am taking perfect care of this one. If it loves me, then I'll just love it right back. I would battle my friends over the weekend, and I noticed that it was doing REALLY well. By the time we stopped battling it's victory % was in the 90s. Sunday night it went to bed. When I woke up to go to class I grabbed it and put it in my pocket, had a quick glance, and was like "NUMEMON WTF". That was no longer Numemon. Was the first and only time I could get a Numemon to go to Ultimate stage.

Perhaps I should start naming mine as well. Maybe after this run is over I will start doing that. Monzaemon was actually the very first ultimate stage I go back on the original V1. College made caring for these things really hard, and I was just on a roll with getting nothing but Numemon's. 1 Weekend I decided, I am taking perfect care of this one. If it loves me, then I'll just love it right back. I would battle my friends over the weekend, and I noticed that it was doing REALLY well. By the time we stopped battling it's victory % was in the 90s. Sunday night it went to bed. When I woke up to go to class I grabbed it and put it in my pocket, had a quick glance, and was like "NUMEMON WTF". That was no longer Numemon. Was the first and only time I could get a Numemon to go to Ultimate stage.
I definitely recommend naming your virtual pets, especially if you keep getting the same characters over and over again. I remember the last time I ran my V4.5 I kept getting the same batch of characters and naming them was one of the few things that kept it interesting.

It seems like the Numemon species likes you a lot, lol. Here’s to hoping I have some of your luck!

Today was a dull day for Betamon. he got to battle the rest of all the ones that I bought that arrived. (please ignore the condition of my desk. I have had it for 30 years, and I'm loathed to get rid of it, because my late father made it for me). I also had him fight some Digimon in the Colosseum.

Attachments

• thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
There wasn’t much to write about in regards to yesterday. Ed was still an Agumon, with me purposefully ignoring her needs. I always feel bad when I have to do this with a virtual pet… It worked though, as today she evolved into a Numemon!

ed2.PNG

I actually like this Digimon a lot. It’s strange, but it has cute animations and I like how it has eyelashes. (That might just be me, though! The art for them doesn’t depict eyelashes) Ed’s new fighting style is… Yeah, a little gross. I remember when my Blitz Greymon fought a Numemon I initially found it funny, but now having one it’s more than a little disgusting how it looks like it burps out poops. I really, really hope she’s just throwing them. (Yes, in my eyes that's not as bad)

With her now being a Numemon, I’ve put her in the tournaments. So far she’s fought 12 battles and won every time! This is needed for her to become a Monzaemon – 15 battles with at least 12 wins. She’s almost there now. :)

In the anime, Numemon threw pink poop. They would keep opening their mouths and a fresh pile of it would be on the tip of their tongue. In the video game the attack was called Party Time. I guess there must not be anything like a poop party. But the anime didn't refer to it as poop, even though that's what it looks like. They called it "Digi-Sludge".

Last edited:
In the anime, Numemon threw pink poop. They would keep opening their mouths and a fresh pile of it would be on the tip of their tongue. In the video game the attack was called Party Time. I guess there must not be anything like a poop party. But the anime didn't refer to it as poop, even though that's what it looks like. They called it "Digi-Sludge".
I'm glad to learn that Ed might not be as vulgar as I initially thought, lol. I'll convince myself that it's actually strawberry ice cream.

Suddenly today ovaltine decided to evolve into numemon I don't think I've ever had this one before. I like the idea of the online thing sort of like pokemon go in a way but being able to use your actual digimon somehow would be really neat. Side note, I have really been enjoying digimon cyber sleuth lol

Attachments

• 1665091658036546453436184214348.jpg
    1665091658036546453436184214348.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back