disappointed with tamagotchi 20th anniversary edition.. =/

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this one five minutes ago in argos. I now have four. All unopened.

20180519_143728.jpg

Can't quote (on mobile), but 10 pounds is about 18 CAD, so that's not a big price difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 of the anniversaries, and I've run each about 4 times. Keep getting nyrotchi(sp?) every. dang. TIME. Maybe I'm just a terrible tamagotchi parent.

I've had one on my college lanyard and all the paint has rubbed off which is pretty naff!

They're pretty cute, but also super boring. You press the a button 8 times to fill both meters, and you're done. See you in another few hours. I know its meant to be dumbed down and basic, but I was actually carrying around a dead battery one for a few months and didn't even bother with it.

A lot of people seem to only get the Nyrotchi. It's weird; I've been able to get nearly every character, but it seems like a lot of people who are well-versed on Tamas run into a Nyrotchi loop. Maybe there's a glitch? I wonder if it happens on the Gudetama tama since it's basically the same software. I haven't run into it there either, tho. LIFE IS A MYSTERY.

I just thought most people didn't know about the "hidden" meters and assumed they are supposed to feed it every time it beeps (which is actually a care mistake). But because Togepixels is aware of it, that really raises questions (although the mini should probably be fed at least every 2 hours and no longer than that since "a few" usually means "3 or more"). I haven't had a problem on either of my first wave minis, but I wonder if this might be a problem easily solvable by the reset button. I heard that a newly opened connection that has not been reset will have trouble connecting, and I also saw first hand programming abnormalities one of my Dream Towns which I started once I got it (of course, I didn't know they were abnormalities till I played around with the batteries and it internally reset, thus showing some things were quite different).

I have 2 Anniversary Minis--series 1 (although not listed as such) transparent blue, and a series 4 royal blue flocked. I have 2004/5 minis, and a p2 Japanese and Uniqlo one as well. I knew what they were from a long time ago, so wasn't disappointed. I run one from time to time, just as I do with all my tamas. The flocked one was run for about 15 minutes, then batteries and chain removed, and put back in packaging. I don't want to mess that one up. I bought it at Target, just like the series 1 mini. It was on the last peg in the display, way in the back. I also bought a Japanese p2 rerelease--the royal blue with black, yellow buttons, and the spaceship on top. I'm not buying the English ones, since the shells I want I have from the 90s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back