Do You Believe In Gay Marriage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Confusing.

Anyway. Isn't being gay in your genes, you don't choose to be gay or not.

Why would be against religion to be yourself?

I don't see what is so confusing - other than members not reading the replies properly.

Cinder / Katie has been pretty clear in each post she has made.

She said that she believes God loves everyone equally - including homosexuals.

She said that she believes God created marriage for a man and a woman and therefore does not approve of sex or marriage between the same sexes nor does he approve of sex before marriage between a man and a woman.

She has specifically said that she is FOR same sex marrige being legalized because:

I believe you should be able to openly love whoever you want to love, and I do not think God would condem me for that liberal thinking.
It has nothing to do with whether you can't help it or not

It has nothing to do with whether it's your fault or not

It has nothing to do with whether it is fair or "equal" or not.

It has nothing to do with being yourself or not.

It's what she has read in her Bible, given thought to and shared with us as her religion's beliefs.

*shrugs* seems pretty clear to me ;)

I don't see what is so confusing - other than members not reading the replies properly.
Cinder / Katie has been pretty clear in each post she has made.

She said that she believes God loves everyone equally - including homosexuals.

She said that she believes God created marriage for a man and a woman and therefore does not approve of sex or marriage between the same sexes nor does he approve of sex before marriage between a man and a woman.

She has specifically said that she is FOR same sex marrige being legalized because:

It has nothing to do with whether you can't help it or not

It has nothing to do with whether it's your fault or not

It has nothing to do with whether it is fair or "equal" or not.

It has nothing to do with being yourself or not.

It's what she has read in her Bible, given thought to and shared with us as her religion's beliefs.

*shrugs* seems pretty clear to me :rolleyes:
It wasn't exactly too clear to me at first because what I mostly saw in Katie's post was God is against marriage between homosexuals, but I also saw her post saying she was for gay marriage, I was just a tad confused but it makes more sense now :)

Katie, you're confusing me as well. "Homosexuals are accepted by god" but "Marriage is a sin"...?
Homosexuals are loved by God as anyone else would be loved.

However, according to the Bible it is a sin to have gay sex and gay marrige is not accepted because God created marriage to exist between a man and a woman.

Here... where do I stand on this?

I PERSONALLY side with God and the Bible on the issue, and I would never be able to be homosexual myself.

HOWEVER, I do not believe that the government should shove my beliefs down other people's throats, so I am for gay marrige being legalized.

... Does that make sense?

And thank you TamaMum :)

Homosexuals are loved by God as anyone else would be loved.However, according to the Bible it is a sin to have gay sex and gay marrige is not accepted because God created marriage to exist between a man and a woman.

Here... where do I stand on this?

I PERSONALLY side with God and the Bible on the issue, and I would never be able to be homosexual myself.

HOWEVER, I do not believe that the government should shove my beliefs down other people's throats, so I am for gay marrige being legalized.

... Does that make sense?

And thank you TamaMum :)
Okay now it's making more sense:

You're basically saying you would not be homosexual and you agree with God, BUT That's just your opinion and it should be legalized because everyone has different opinions.

Right?

Okay now it's making more sense:
You're basically saying you would not be homosexual and you agree with God, BUT That's just your opinion and it should be legalized because everyone has different opinions.

Right?
Correct :)

What will you do with someone the same gender as you? You can't have kids...not saying you have to have kids if you marry...no I do not believe in gay marriage.

What will you do with someone the same gender as you? You can't have kids...not saying you have to have kids if you marry...no I do not believe in gay marriage.
It's called love.

You don't have to be sexually active or have kids to be in love. Love is an emotional thing, while sex and pregnancy is a physical thing. There's a huge difference.

Who would flip out if I told you my mom is marrying a girl?

I am 100% okay with it.

She's a grown woman, and I love seeing her happy with her girlfriend.

They don't want kids, 'cause they think I'm enough xDD.

I don't see anything wrong with a grown up being happy, and being able to make the choice about who s/he wants to be with.

Half and half.

Personally, I think truely loving someone of the same gender is strange, but the government and other people shouldn't stop them from getting married. You should be able to marry anyone you truely love.

Yes. And for anyone who says no, i mean think about it, can you really stop a person from being themselves? I think not!

Yes. And for anyone who says no, i mean think about it, can you really stop a person from being themselves? I think not!
It's not that. I have nothing against anyone "being themselves" Two people of the same gender can love each other, there is nothing wrong with that to me. I just don't think they should get married. I see Marriage as being the joining between a man and a women.

As a bisexual, and as a member of my school's GSA, I definitely do believe in same-sex marriage. And the government shouldn't get in the way of love, and religion should not play a part in it either. It says in the Bible in one part "Man shall not lie with man as he lies with woman"... total bull. I live in Massachusetts, so gay marriages happen a lot here.

I have deleted a couple of replies posted by different members.

[SIZE=12pt]This topic is in the SNTT forum - for mature and sensible discussions - no exceptions, no excuses.[/SIZE]

All opinions expressed must be done so politely and respectfully and with tolerance of others who have a different point of view.

Provoking arguments is flaming. Don't go there please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel as long as your happy with that person it shouldn't matter just as long as your Happy, Love has it's limets and it's boundries but if you know you can get past them then go for it, honestly there is nothing wrong with it in my opinon just cuz u like the same gender doesn't make u a bad person or evil(as people think it's evil to like the same gender)

I'm not gay and I'm not Bi but I've kissed a girl but she's my best friend and she is Bi so it doesn't bother me one bit

"Love knows no gender."

I don't know who said that, but they're 100% right.

IMO, Love who you want to love, just don't get married. Marrige is a religious and sacred sacrament. Marrige is the bond between a husband and a wife. If you a homosexual, and love that person, be together for the rest of your life, I do not agree with marrige for two Homosexuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back