Do you even LIKE tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still absolutely love Tamagotchi. I like to come here and find out all the new information about the current versions!

I also love to talk with everyone here, so I spend a lo t of time in Non-TamaTalk as well. :(

I still absolutely love Tamagotchi. I like to come here and find out all the new information about the current versions!
I also love to talk with everyone here, so I spend a lo t of time in Non-TamaTalk as well. :(
Yes I enjoy looking for imformation too. I mostly spend time in non TT but tamagotchis are still great!

Are you kidding me? I'm a huge Tamagotchi fan. I have 19 or 20 Tamas.

I'm actually disappointed at how TT is now. There's not quite as many Tama-fans on here as there used to be, and like you said, most people just chat in (Non)TamaTalk now. It's not much different from MySpace or any other general message board site...

I mean, there still are Tama-fans on here, and still plenty of Tamagotchi disscussion, I'm just saying it's not what it used to be. :)

-DDDTrooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to come here for the Tamagotchi Info and things, but I just go on RP and Non TT. It saddens me in how much I've lost interest in Tamagotchi, and I'm getting one out tonight and rejoining TamaZone. Here, there really isn't any good logs like there used to be (Bex's Tama Log; Jappyx's, Tenshi's....) and the tamagotchi part of the site is half dead, this forum might as well be called 'Talk' instead of 'Tamatalk'...

Kinda, I take breaks from them sometimes.....oh crap, I just remembered I left them on my bed *runs to bed* I'm not the best mom ever. I mostly come on Non TamaTalk and Fun Stuff, sometimes I will go help the clueless new tama owners though.

When I first joined TamaTalk last year in September, I was like obsessed with Tamas. Now, they're just ok. I still like them, but not as much. I'm usually in Non TT, Fun Stuff, and Tmgc Role play.

Are you kidding me? I'm a huge Tamagotchi fan. I have 19 or 20 Tamas.
I'm actually disappointed at how TT is now. There's not quite as many Tama-fans on here as there used to be, and like you said, most people just chat in (Non)TamaTalk now. It's not much different from MySpace or any other general message board site...

I mean, there still are Tama-fans on here, and still plenty of Tamagotchi disscussion, I'm just saying it's not what it used to be. :)

-DDDTrooper
I think you can probably blame BanDai for that. I mean, the version 2 and version 3 Tamas were a HUGE hit last year and the year before. When I first joined, there was tons of talk about Tamagotchis, how popular they were, how everyone has one, etc.

I think now with the addition of the version 4 and version v4.5, users aren't really interested in them too much. They were actually kind of a disappointment. I liked it much better when the V3 came out and everybody was obsessed with those. :)

When I first joined TamaTalk last year in September, I was like obsessed with Tamas. Now, they're just ok. I still like them, but not as much. I'm usually in Non TT, Fun Stuff, and Tmgc Role play.
Same here. I haven't played with mine for a while. There batteries are died. Im usually in Non TT, and fun stuff.

I think you can probably blame BanDai for that. I mean, the version 2 and version 3 Tamas were a HUGE hit last year and the year before. When I first joined, there was tons of talk about Tamagotchis, how popular they were, how everyone has one, etc.
I think now with the addition of the version 4 and version v4.5, users aren't really interested in them too much. They were actually kind of a disappointment. I liked it much better when the V3 came out and everybody was obsessed with those. :hitodetchi:
I do admit that V4 and V4.5 wasn't BanDai's best idea. You get messages like every half hour, and most of them are poops or snakes that empty your Tama's happy hearts. BanDai of Japan makes very interesting, fun Tamagotchis. BanDai of America tries to copy those ideas, and markets them towards little kids...

I've stayed interested in Tamagotchis because I bought some Japanese ones. EnTama is alot like V4, but much better. You don't get annoying messages every half hour, only twice a day. The messages rarely empty all happy hearts as well. There's no "universal" characters, so you don't feel bad if you accidently neglected your Tama.

V4/V4.5 are still fun (kinda), but Japanese Tamas are much better.

-DDDTrooper

I have a feeling that Tamagotchis will get popular again here in America soon. The Japanese FamiTama has been released, and seems like a boat-load of fun! And, for once, the V5 is going to be exactly like the FamiTama! No more annoying differences between American and Japanese Tamas. :hitodetchi:

-DDDTrooper

I have a feeling that Tamagotchis will get popular again here in America soon. The Japanese FamiTama has been released, and seems like a boat-load of fun! And, for once, the V5 is going to be exactly like the FamiTama! No more annoying differences between American and Japanese Tamas. :(
-DDDTrooper
Annoying differences? That's what makes japanese virtual pets have their charm! I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the differences make them stick out and that more exciting to have. I never found the entama vs V4 differences annoying. It just adds more variety within gameplay. *shrugs* I just see that statement as very close minded, but again that's just how I feel. There could actually be people who agree with that.

As for me I tend to only go into tama sections of this forum when checking out for spam or troublemakers. I collect and continue to get virtual pets into my posession, but I stick moreso to non-tama related spots since I got enough charts and information, I don't need to look at other stuff if I don't have to :hitodetchi:

well, this is the only forum i go on, and no tamas are running. i just like chatting.....and i know what you're tryin to say. you don't want to offend anybody. and, to be honest, i have never out of 6 months been to the tamatalk sections. hey.......mabe i should go check thm out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Annoying differences? That's what makes japanese virtual pets have their charm! I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the differences make them stick out and that more exciting to have. I never found the entama vs V4 differences annoying. It just adds more variety within gameplay. *shrugs* I just see that statement as very close minded, but again that's just how I feel. There could actually be people who agree with that.
As for me I tend to only go into tama sections of this forum when checking out for spam or troublemakers. I collect and continue to get virtual pets into my posession, but I stick moreso to non-tama related spots since I got enough charts and information, I don't need to look at other stuff if I don't have to :)
That's not what I meant. :( I do love how Japanese Tamas are different. :D I just meant that I wish American Tamas were like that too.

-DDDTrooper

hah i dont really chat in any other parts of this chatt site cept for non tama talk

I think now with the addition of the version 4 and version v4.5, users aren't really interested in them too much. They were actually kind of a disappointment. I liked it much better when the V3 came out and everybody was obsessed with those. :)
Exactly. I used to like it, but I sold my tamagotchi's.

Now I come here for the chat. Easy to load :(

That's not what I meant. :( I do love how Japanese Tamas are different. :lol: I just meant that I wish American Tamas were like that too.
-DDDTrooper
Well guess you'll have to be more careful in stating stuff like that then because I read your thing several times before replying and I called it as I saw it :) lol.

I also disagree on V4 popularity. Maybe it wasn't big here but on other forums I went on we talked about who got what V4 and such. Another place I go, the admin even mailed a few of us members V4's of our own since they got them on sale someplace.

I like this place. I joind when I first got my tamas

But now I dont play with my tamas but I'v gone addicted to this place! :( ButI help out with ppl as much as I can.

Well guess you'll have to be more careful in stating stuff like that then because I read your thing several times before replying and I called it as I saw it :) lol.
I also disagree on V4 popularity. Maybe it wasn't big here but on other forums I went on we talked about who got what V4 and such. Another place I go, the admin even mailed a few of us members V4's of our own since they got them on sale someplace.
Hee hee, you're right. I need to proof-read my posts... :(

-DDDTrooper

I like 'em, but I'm not like ZOMGMOSTAWESOMETHING anymore. I more collect them if anything. I'll play with one for a while, get bored of it, and hang it on my wall. Occasionally I pick one up and play with it for a few days.

I mostly come here for the conversation. I go on Gaia and 4chan as well, but I don't enjoy it as much. Those are mostly for amusement and a cheap laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back