Do you have to wear uniforms to school?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamalight

Reaction score
Well I was wondering since school is gonna start for many people here on TamaTalk instead of asking when you start or what grade you are going (which is one of the most repeated questions on Non-Tamatalk rihgt now) I wanted to see how many TamaTalkers wear uniforms to school, what they have to wear, and their opinions about uniforms. So please vote and post. :wacko:

I'm gonna wear uniforms to school this year since I have moved to another country. What I have to wear to school everyday this year is:

-A light blue shirt

-Navy blue pants\skirts (depending on the school)

-Formal Black Shoes

For gym:

-A white t-shirt

-Navy blue sweatpants

-White gym shoes

I don't really mind since I have had to wear uniforms from Pre-school to 2nd grade so I'm used to it now. :( And for some reason I like it because now students don't judge you from what you wear so I actually like it. I know I'm a freak :furawatchi:

No, we don't have to wear uniforms but there are some dressing rules we have to follow. No inappropriate graphics on clothes (obviously) and no short skirts/shorts/dresses.

I've had uniforms since Middle School, but I don't really mind them.

In middle school it was just black and white. Anything black and white.

In the high school I want to go to, it's white collar shirt with white,black, gray,or khaki pants/skirt. The guys have to wear a tie.

I never had a uniform code in my Elementary school.

Hah hah hah, hah hah hah! xD We dont wear uniforms!! And Im glad for it!!! :)
I don't see what's amusing about wearing a uniform. :) I actually find it sort of mean that someone that doesn't wear a uniform makes fun of people who do. :) Please don't laugh at us since there are lots of people who wish that they didn't have to wear uniforms.

Yeah, it's not that strict but I hate it:

Girls:

Grey/Royal Blue/Black Cardigan/Sweatshirt/Tank top(Black zipper cardigan for me!)

Grey/Black Skirt(Eugh)/Trousers(Black trousers for me!)

White/Blue Polo-shirt/White Shirt (White Polo shirt for me!)

Boys:

Grey/Royal Blue/Black Sweatshirt/Tank top

Grey/Black Trousers

White/Blue polo-shirt/Shirt

There's also a tie we don't have to wear, but we can wear, it's blue and white.

Gym:

Any short sleeved T-shirt with no Football/Inapropriate Colours/Pictures

Any shorts (Again, same rule as above)

Yeah, it's not that strict but I hate it:Girls:

Grey/Royal Blue/Black Cardigan/Sweatshirt/Tank top(Black zipper cardigan for me!)

Grey/Black Skirt(Eugh)/Trousers(Black trousers for me!)

White/Blue Polo-shirt/White Shirt (White Polo shirt for me!)

Boys:

Grey/Royal Blue/Black Sweatshirt/Tank top

Grey/Black Trousers

White/Blue polo-shirt/Shirt

There's also a tie we don't have to wear, but we can wear, it's blue and white.

Gym:

Any short sleeved T-shirt with no Football/Inapropriate Colours/Pictures

Any shorts (Again, same rule as above)
Wow I wish my uniform code was that leniant (sp?)

No, our school doesn't have them, but I really wish that we would. Besides the fact that they can be a smidge expensive, they are acctually more important than some people realize. There are people at my school that WILL make fun of you because of how you dress. I really wish our school could use uniforms. It would also prevent people from not getting in trouble for not dressing out for PE. People should take the blame for their mistakes. Even if it's me.

When I lived in Louisiana, there were never any arguments on how a person dressed because we wore uniforms, but we DIDN'T look the same at all. We personalized by using jewelry and by doing different things with our hair. Since we had a short but good variety it was acctually pretty rare to wear the exact same thing. and People could wear things other than tennis shoes when we got into middle school.

I really miss my old school.... *sob*

Yes, next year will be my first year. It's so stupid. I'm very angry. :lol:

We have to wear a polo shirt in our school colors or white. And the blue has to be the exact same shade of royal blue as the school says. No sleeveless shirts. If there's a logo on the polo shirt, must be 2 inches or smaller.

No jackets or hoods. [they think we'll hide stuff in them] We can wear solid sweatshirts in our school colors, though.

Khaki or navy blue pants, shorts, skirts, or capris with no cargo pockets. Must be knee-length or lower.

No backless shoes, flip flops, Heelys or Crocs.

No keychain necklaces or really long necklaces.

No unnatural haircolors.

There's some other things I can't remember now. And the weird thing is, in gym we can wear whatever we want...

I don't and I'm glad. I can wear whatever I want that doesn't violate our dress code, which isn't very strict since I'm going into High School.

C~M

In 4th grade I had to wear uniforms, I hated wearing them..

But now in Middle School we must tuck in our shirts, and wear belts. Every part of the clothing must be tucked in. >.<

I'm out of school now, but none of my schools ever required uniforms.

The closest to a uniform I ever wore were my PE clothes in 6th grade which was a white t-shirt and blue shorts issued by the school with out names written on it. You could also wear work out, or track type pants instead of the shorts though. That's what I usually did.

My cousins both went to private school, so they were required to wear a uniform everyday.

I guess the only way I can relate is now I have to wear a uniform type thing to work xP

Blue t-shirt and khaki pants. Not too strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back