Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first tamas was the chocolate argyle v4.5. I got it for Christmas in 3rd grade and I was super excited because my cousin had one at some point. She never explained to me what it was, but I still thought it was cute. It was actually lucky that my parents got it because I didn't know what they were called. I didn't know that it needed constant care so I left it on a shelf for awhile and it died. After that, my parents helped me figure it out and I enjoyed it! Later that month, my grandparents took my sister and I to the theater and I forgot I had my tama on my lap, so I assume it fell in some crevice in the floor when I stood up. We left and I realized I didn't have it. I was devastated! My grandparents bought me a new one because I missed it so much. I still have that one now. It's the v4.5 girls rock graffiti. I think that's where my love of v4.5s come from.

My first ever tamagotchi was a v1 :') it was baby pink and it came with a pack of stickers to decorate it with! My best friend and I were the only ones that had one where we were from but we were obsessed! And we'd connect every day when we were together.. RIP little one ;-;

When I was really young I used to play with my siblings' Tamas and various knockoffs that they had. My favorite was the hideously-ugly-yellow Tamagotchi Angel my sister had. Seriously.... that yellow color makes it look like it has nicotine damage. I remember crying when it died :p I THINK they also had the P1 or P2 (can't remember) that was all white with black buttons. We also had a Digimon, the blue one. I remember thinking that one was really awesome too because it could connect to other ones and battle.

My first personal Tamas that I owned were two V1 Connections that I got in 2004, when they first came out. The green and orange squares one and the lavender circles one. I'm actually really surprised my parents managed to find them, thinking back on it I'm kind of shocked they weren't totally sold out everywhere. I still have the green one right here on my desk, but I don't know where the lavender one went which makes me sad since it was my favorite one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how could I ever forget my first tama! So I was in Walmart, and we had found a Tamagotchi Movie bundle. It contained a V6, the movie, and 3 figures. So we bought it and I had the V6 up until I moved and I lost it. I have the movie and the figures still though. It may be gone, but I won't ever forget it though!

8ff58b5e3e4b520eccaedc913c821267.jpg

It looked like this, but without the tag. I think it also had the Tamagotchi brand on top, but I'm not sure, it's been almost 10 years now... It was a V3 and I was a whole 13 years old! ;) I have a feeling I used to have another one before that though... but I don't remember clearly. This one I remember because I thought I was already too old for them, my mother knew I liked them and asked me if I wanted one. I was embarassed and happy at the same time lol

Edit: I don't know how to make the picture smaller, I'm sorry..

Si!

My first Tamagotchi was a V1. Same device as I have right now. The creature herself was a girl I named Gina. I had no clue what I was doing, and she evolved into a Hanatchi.

I do! It was the orange purple V1 + pink V1! The pink one came with stickers to decorate it. But I've only got the orange one, I donated some of my tamas a long time ago and only kept my favourite few.

Receiving them from my mother is a sweet memory I remember vividly. I had seen a friend playing with one and wanted one too, I had asked my parents but they didn't understand or know what it was. We had went to a few stores to look but gave up, so I had forgotten about it.

It must have been a few weeks later, just before Christmas, I was sitting on the couch and my mom said she wanted to give me an early Christmas gift, and she handed me a pink tamagotchi connection. I was so excited, and I think she was too cause just a few minutes later of me playing with it she had returned and said alright alright I'll give you another gift early, and she handed me the orange one as well so I could connect and play with them hahaha! Looking back now I think she was really excited, she always got too excited and spoiled us early for Christmas. My parents never had many toys growing up so my mother always wanted to make us happy with the little money we had. I really appreciate her giving me a childhood she couldn't experience. Tamagotchis have always brought back sweet memories and happy times :)

My first tama was a P1, but for the life of me, I can't find the shell design in any pics, and there's a part of my brain that's just convinced I don't remember the colors right. From what best I can remember, it was a black and white shell. I want to say that the top half was black and the bottom was white, but I haven't been able to find anything like that. It WAS a P1, but I think it either broke or I traded it away for a Rancor Gigapet (which is neat, but the tama was cooler).

My second tama was (and is!) a P2 with a translucent orange shell. I recently put new batteries in it and brought it back to life, and it works great! Glad I've hung onto it!

My first Tamagotchi was a magenta P1 with yellow buttons and a yellow clock-face design. I bought it when they were first released in the UK in 1997.

It's the same as the blue clock-face design that most recently appeared as part of the 20th Anniversary Mini set, but in yellow. The one I had isn't listed on Project TamaShell.

EDIT: However, it is shown here on Mimitchi.com, in the pictures "Japanese & German P1" and "Eleven Tamagotchi".

It went missing at some point, though. I hope to someday find it again, as I'm pretty sure that I kept it, along with my other virtual pets from back in the day.

My first tama was a P1, but for the life of me, I can't find the shell design in any pics, and there's a part of my brain that's just convinced I don't remember the colors right. From what best I can remember, it was a black and white shell. I want to say that the top half was black and the bottom was white, but I haven't been able to find anything like that.
You may very well be remembering correctly! There are shells that simply haven't been documented by the online fandom, because there were so many of them, and it seems that not all of them saw release in all countries.

My original one, that I described above, is one of them, as is the P1 that I currently own (which is hot-pink with green buttons and a green screen-surround, with the Western Tamagotchi logo at the top, also in green - as with my original, it was one of the early colours released in the UK).

I don't suppose that it was anything like the red-and-black one listed here, by any chance? It wouldn't surprise me at all if multiple two-tone variants existed, since that design looks really cool.

I don't suppose that it was anything like the red-and-black one listed here, by any chance? It wouldn't surprise me at all if multiple two-tone variants existed, since that design looks really cool.
It was that sort of two-tone design, but I seem to remember it being black on top and white on the bottom, with black buttons and "Tamagotchi" on the top in white like the one on the pic. The little area around the screen was white as well, if memory serves. Man, I wish I hadn't traded it away!

Honestly, I need to send my P2 shell design to that site as well since it doesn't have that either. Mine looks like this: https://www.tamashell.com/i/shells/p2/clearyellow.jpg but with 'Tamagotchi' in black lettering at the top and black buttons.

It's crazy how many variants there are! And yet, I can't seem to find a used V3 in a design I like. XD

magenta_hibiscus.jpg

That was my first ever Tamagotchi!

I remember everyone having them at school and I didn't really understand them at first. I used to get what we call "pocket money" every week from my Grandma and I remember saving up so I could go to the shops and buy one. Within a few months I was hooked and I had started to grow my collection massively and also found TT and TZ! I hold so many dear memories attached to Tamas and I'm so grateful that I was fortunate enough to own one.

My first was a purple with circle patterns v1 (? maybe it's v2, gotta check again) connection! I still have it and want to get some batteries soon.

My first was a V4.5 with the fallen leaves shell. When I was little my sister and I came across them in a sporting goods store of all places, and our grandparents got one for each of us. We were never able to get past the child stage without them dying, but we had a lot of fun with them anyways. Years later my sister found my Tama while sorting through our old toys for a garage sale, she gave it to me, and now I love Tamagotchis again! From what I remember my sister had thrown hers away when it ran out of batteries, not understanding that it wasn't broken. She was very young at the time though, so its hard to blame her. I wish she hadn't now though, I could have a Tama to connect with!

My first Tamagotchi was the P1 original Tama! Pink with green buttons and numbers on it. :wub: I even remember when I first got it- queuing up incredibly early outside of Toys R Us with my Mother, on the release day, haha. I still have the little critter and dug it out the other day! :D I need to test if it still works, mind you.

PprD011.jpg

Sorry for the awful photo, I cropped it from my collection shot! :lol: Such fond memories of playing with it and naming my virtual pets. :D

My first was the first Connection, the pink with pink hearts shell! I still have it, but need to open it up and figure out what's wrong with it, possibly the battery contacts or something? But yeah, I remember asking my parents to buy the Connections for me when Target had them. My dad still has the battery type memorized because of how many times we'd need to go get more.

I remember my first tamagotchi being Family Connection back in the day. Sadly that Tama is no longer with me for my brother drowning it in the bathroom sink. I still honor it by my screen name and every Tama I got from there on. Hoping to get a M!X model soon. I am also planning to get the 20th anniversary edition later on into the day.

My brother insists I had an original tamagotchi when I was young, but I just can't remember it.

In my mind, my first tama is the Ps. The pink and white Aikatsu set. I don't even know how I came across the Ps (probably Ra's YT channel, tbh). But I just HAD to have one... or three. ^_^

My first tama was a clear pink 1997 US release with yellow buttons. I was 10, I named it Zucchini regardless of which outcomes I got, and I tried with all my heart to get my favorite (Mimitchi) but never succeeded. I could've sworn I still had it, but I can't find it anywhere, so I think it's been lost to time and several big moves over the years. I hope I can replace it someday!

Latest posts

Back