Doctor Examinations

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know how some kids don't go to the doctors for years. As far as I know, ((at least it is in PA, USA)) you are requirred to get a physical every year, before school starts again. And, if you are playing a school sport, you cannot attend try-outs, practices, games, or competitions with out a physical taken by the school nurse before hand.

I honestly don't know how some kids don't go to the doctors for years. As far as I know, ((at least it is in PA, USA)) you are requirred to get a physical every year, before school starts again. And, if you are playing a school sport, you cannot attend try-outs, practices, games, or competitions with out a physical taken by the school nurse before hand.
Well, in some countries that have public healthcare systems, they don't go to the doctor or dentist very often. They only go when they have an actual problem with their teeth/body. In California we don't necessarily have to go to the doctor every year, but we have to have certain shots, which means we have to go to the doctor's office to get them. (Which is pretty much the same thing.) Everybody in my school goes to the doctor's office every year, but I guess some people's parents only want to take them when it's 'necessary'.

I don't really mind, I mean, they just wanna make sure your OK, I mean, my doctor made me take off my shirt (not bra) and I bent down, and he found out I have a spine problume!!!!! so, I think of that, and he always says "If you want me to get a girl doctor, I can" and I really don't mind it, exsept for the for psyicals, no pants o_0! but my mom comes with so it's ok, I mean, no pysical, no sports!

In my opinion (im a guy) and probaly gals will think this 2 but when my mom tells me im goin to the doctor's i freak out emediately and te worst thing is ,the secret wepon,DUN DUN DUN the SHOT!!!!!!

When I stomach problems, I went to the hospital.
Of course, I get a guy doctor.

So he checks heartbeat, pulse, and what-not, then comments "You're growing up nicely"

WTF?! My mom was there too, like weird?

When he left for a minute, we left. Very uncomfortable.

I hate hospitals, checkups, etc. Can't they be smart enough and let a GIRL doctor examine me? Jeez.
I'm sure he didn't mean that in a non-professional way. He probably just meant you were growing up at healthy pace.

And remember, you can always request a female doctor. If you're uncomfortable with the doctor they give you, just ask for a different one.

The most I've had to do there was get in a gown for x-rays, thankfully.

I know I would feel nervous and very uncomfortable. I have a male doctor, but he's very nice, and he understands about these things. But just because it's not something I'd be used to, I would probably be more comfortable with a female doctor. :rolleyes:

Well, I don't like going to the Doctor because I always get the "blah blah overweight blah blah hormonal checkup blah blah too tall blah blah" talk, even when I've always been tall, my bone structure isn't skinny, so what?

Ergh. D<

But, other than that, I'm indifferent. They're doctors, not pigs. Unless they are. But the usually aren't.

Well, I don't like going to the Doctor because I always get the "blah blah overweight blah blah hormonal checkup blah blah too tall blah blah" talk, even when I've always been tall, my bone structure isn't skinny, so what?
Ergh. D<

But, other than that, I'm indifferent. They're doctors, not pigs. Unless they are. But the usually aren't.
Doctors should know that genes from your parents acount for your weight as well, not just if you exersize/eat healthy. Not everyone can be super skinny.

---

""blah blah overweight blah blah hormonal checkup blah blah too tall blah blah" talk, even when I've always been tall, my bone structure isn't skinny, so what?"

That's good you didn't let the doctor get to you. ;]

Not being skinny isn't the same as being overweight, though.
Of course not, but you get the general idea of what I mean. Everyone can't be the ideal weight, and maybe she is eating healthy/exersizing, but her family could have a history of high collesterol [sp.] It could be totally opposite, but as long as you try your best to eat good and be happy with yourself.

Honestly, doctor visits don't bother me at all. For years I got my yearly female checkup from a female doctor, now I get them from a male doctor. Those visits require getting rather nude, but I just remember that these doctors look at TONS of women everyday...it's just their job. I'm no less comfortable with a guy or a woman looking at me, because I know that they are not looking at me in a way that is anything but professional. If you keep that knowledge in mind, it definitely helps you feel more relaxed at the doctor's. :D

I've never had to strip in front of a doctor before. Once when I was about 4 or 5 I went to the doctor's because I was having some problems 'down there'.

Of course not, but you get the general idea of what I mean. Everyone can't be the ideal weight, and maybe she is eating healthy/exersizing, but her family could have a history of high collesterol [sp.] It could be totally opposite, but as long as you try your best to eat good and be happy with yourself.
Well, overweight families tend to feed their children their unhealthy diets, starting at a very young age. This really messes up the metabolisms of the children, not to mention starts them off thinking that THOSE are their comfort foods. It's psychologically messed up, and it makes their bodies less able to lose fat.

It isn't hereditary though. It's just what the parents make of them. VERY, VERRRRY rarely is it actually in their actual genes. Even people who come from overweight families can be a normal weight, it's just hard to be because of their normal food cycles. But they definately could, with work.

Same here.so far I never had to strip infront of a nurse/doctor.
same here

i hope i dont have to, i am only comfortable with others (girls) nudity

i feel 'cold' when exposed

My family isn't like that. <_< We make all of our food from scratch, hardly eat out, exercise whenever there's time, and avoid the foods with crap like high fructose corn syrup as much as possible. We aren't hugely overweight, we just are sort of floating. Not skinny, not obese. Metabolism has never been on the side of our family, no matter how much we work out or how healthy we eat. My doctor was just an idiot, because, he didn't have a 5 inch medical file, because I'm hardly ever sick. I've gone to the doctor's maybe once for a bad flu, once for swimmer's ear, and I had to get stitches at one point. Plus the checkups. I might get sick once or twice a year with a cold.

In the spring and summer I bike once or twice a day down to the plazas (and we are a very hilly town), garden [alotalotalotalot], and once the ice clears up but it isn't clear enough to bike, I jump rope.

Not everyone can be the ideal weight or under. I'm at a healthy state for my metabolism and my body. I used to have a bit of asthema when I was little, but that cleared up after we moved away from the town. [it had this mountain they were turning into gravel.]

Last edited by a moderator:
i had too go to the hospital once,i had a young male doctor , about 20 years old i was like omg! and a boy on the other side of the drape! good that boy didnt go to my school i woud be sooo embaresd!

I actually have a diagnosed fobia of going to the doctors. x.x

[SIZE=7pt]I would not ever feel comfortable with this. by the looks of it.[/SIZE]

My Doctor is a MAN.

I'm never comfortable just bare.

If I ever have to do this, I would honestly refuse.

Sure, they have to check for problems.

I understand that.

I would not be willing to strip down for my family doctor.

How embarrasing!

I would be stuck with what to do.

And it's called a physical sometimes.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back