Does anyone over the age of 16 still play with tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. I'm in my mid-twenties and still love them to pieces. And actually, my younger brother (who's also above 16) loves them as well. I do sometimes get comments from strangers when they see me playing with it in public ("You're too old for that," etc), but to be honest, most of the comments I get are very positive. A lot of people talk about how much they used to enjoy them and think they're adorable. Some mention that they still play with them. So I don't think it's nearly as uncommon as some people (the negative ones) would make you think. Tamagotchis are downright cute and fun; what isn't to love about them?

I am 27 and I just got back into tamas when I found the tama app. I had at least 8 digital pets of different brands and kinds when I was a kid. I am now obsessed again. I have two id L's (One being English version), and I am debating adding a P to my collection. My family makes fun of me for it, but it was like reconnecting with my childhood so I ignore them.

I think most of us here are actually between 17-30. Which is very nice, because I feel rather ashamed of this hobby in rl life and it's great to know that I'm not the only person not being a kid that loves vpets... Plus the opportunity to share the joy of getting new ones or raising them, with others is super nice. ^__^
I'm 21. :p

I think most of us here are actually between 17-30. Which is very nice, because I feel rather ashamed of this hobby in rl life and it's great to know that I'm not the only person not being a kid that loves vpets... Plus the opportunity to share the joy of getting new ones or raising them, with others is super nice. ^__^

I'm 21. :p
Yep, I'm 19 and I feel totally the same way :)

I am 32 and have played them nearly continuously since 1997. I love any virtual pet. It started with the original Catz: Your Computer Petz for PC in 1996 and has continued on into Webkinz today. I have kids now and use them as a bit of a 'cover' for still playing. I just love virtual pets.

ETA - I forgot all about Little Computer People from 1987! I loved that game too. It came on floppy back when not many people had home PCs. (My dad was/is a computer guy.) My person was named Brent. He had a dog and I loved interacting with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 26 and I'm playing with a Tamagotchi P's. I've got the ID L up and running for the moment just to see what it's like but I plan on boxing it back up.

i'm 31 and i've been playing with Tamagotchis since i was 15. i'll never get rid of my collection. every so often i get the urge to play with one, so i do.

I am 28 and have not played with one in a long time BUT I just broke down and ordered the yellow id l english (I live in canada so had to get it off ebay waiting for it to come all the way from hong kong lol) I am so so so excited to get it even though it's been years since I played with one, when they first came out I called the toy store every day asking if they came in and it's the only thing in the world I did that for til this day -Tamagotchi fan for life

I'm 18! Loved them since I was a kid, I stopped playing around age 10-11 because a girl in my class said we were too old for them and I felt really embarassed! Then for so long I wanted one but my family told me I'm not a kid anymore and when I hit 17 I decided I wanted the Tama-go, unfortunately TamaTown stopped working so I didn't have complete fun with it and my brother and sisters told me I'm too old for one and my mother didn't say anything when I said I wanted one she said ok... and now I purchased a Tamagotchi P's and to be honest I don't care what my family say because it is something I enjoy and have gained a bit of confidence to play it around them - I just ignore what they have to say. I haven't got lots of confidence - I don't want my friends to know I brought one and neither do I want to take it out in public just because I used to be bullied and I still remember that comment the girl in my class said to me.. *sigh* I hope I get enough confidence to embrace my love for Tamagotchis!

I hope I get enough confidence to embrace my love for Tamagotchis!
Once something becomes vintage, people change their opinion about it cuz, pet-talk, everybody loooves vintage. B)

On Friday night I was at the library with my Tama-Go, and one of the 3 womens that work there asked what was that thing I had brought with me tonight. I told her it was a Tamagotchi, and that I had to carry it everywhere with me to take care of it because otherwise it would die. She got all excited, telling me her son had had a Pikachu version a few years ago and that he'd always take very bad care of it (lol), and then she called the 2 other womens to come over here and check that out. Lynda (who is always super harsh hehe) said she had babysitted those things for her childrens for years, and Julia, after saying they used to be smaller (lol I should've brought my V5 instead...) asked if they were coming back in style, to which I answered yes, in fall 2014 a new model's being released!! :D .

Everywhere I go, if I bring a Tama along there are always people willing to take it in their hands a few seconds, only to revive sweet childhood memories, or people wanting more info because it looks way awesome... no one has ever made fun of them, and I don't look like a child at all.

That's so cute! xD - hm maybe I'll try take my tamagotchi out once and see what reaction I get, I guess what others say shouldn't bother me as it is something I enjoy doing.. I guess all of us here are definitely not too old for Tamagotchi - We're just dedicated fans ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back