Emo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. To Me Emo is just a Craze people are going through.

It will become Uncool in a few years

Which will start up another Craze just as Pathetic.

This Girl from the highschool from school is always going on about how "emo she is"....Even her nickname at school is "Emolicious-Girl"..o__o.

Emo, to me isn't a genre of music. ...like I said Its a Craze.

Genres are meant for songs. (Rock, hip-hop, R&B, Metal)

I've never once Heard of a person saying "OMG I'M SO METAL"

I've heard "OMG I'M SO EMO!"

And just because people buy clothes from Hot Topic doesn't mean they're emo. Clothes are clothes.

I guess If someone bought Dark colored clothes and wristbands from Wal-mart...Would they be "emo"

Probably...or Probably not.

The Media is Forcing most of Modern Society that Pink is meant for 'Preps" and Black and Dark colors for "Emo/Goth"

Last time I checked. Pink was a Color. Same with Purple, red orange green blue indigo violet ...Black is a Shade, Same with Grey and White.

Maybe If Some-one wore Orange...They'd be something entirely different.

Blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Same.No one can dress how they want anymore without getting called emo.

I'll wear like skinney jeans + Converse and they'll be like

"ZOMG YEW EMO!"

It just sends me over the edge, I have my own darn style, so deal with it.
i know.

its really annoying. they treat you like your a baby

and ppl online are like :

OMFG!!!! OMFG!!!! YEW ARE EEEMMMMOOOO KEWAL!

ARE YOO GONNA< LYK KILL YERSELF!?

just coz you wear skinny jeans

and fake emos are worse:

LOOK! IM AN EEEEEMO! LOOK AT MY SKINI JEEEEENSSSS AND MAI FLOPPI HHHAAAIIIRRR! AYM GUNNA KIIILLL MAISELF!!!!!!

BE JELAS OF MEEEEEEEE!

im quite serious and i wear black clothes and have floppy dark hair and i listen to black box recorder and depeche mode and linkin park people ALWAYS say im emo but im not. im quite cheerful and friendly THIS IS EMO:

ok, i saw this emo girl i kind of know at school and she was wearing this cool shirt (it was really my style) and i said "hi! i like your top, where is it from" and she was like

"camden market, but it would look terrible on you" and i was like "you dont have to be, like, mean" and she was, like "i wasnt, idiot, you were annoying me" and she got all her idiotic friends to be, like, mean and i was like not bothering them i was just ,like paying her a compliment and she, like, glared at me for the rest of the day, even though i have ,like, always been so, like, nice to her.

I have a pair of fingerless gloves red and black with black skulls on them and people are always saying im emo.. witch im not and it is annoying when people always ask if your emo just cos of the style you like and when people try to act all emoish..

T w B)

Honestly I get tired hearing about "emos" all the time.
Teh, check my signature and avatar. It's defiantly what a lot of tamatalkers think about "Emo", and what it is. -_- *sarcastic*

Teh, check my signature and avatar. It's defiantly what a lot of tamatalkers think about "Emo", and what it is. -_- *sarcastic*
I know your just trying to make a point with GG, so im not mad at you

but thats what a lot of people do to this false and over-used stereotype. I agree with Sweet Kandi, it just makes people with real problems look like attention seekers.

Explain. Don't just say "I disagree" if you're not even going to explain what you mean by that.
She means that average, everyday people could be cutting themselves over depression. It's pretty much an illness, and people who do it shouldn't be classified as 'emo'.

See, this is what irks me discussing something like this because everyone has a different definition of what it really is. And who am I to say that's someone's definition is wrong? It's not concrete but a point of view. Some people believe that it's just music, other believe that it's people that cut themselves and who really can say what it is and what it isn't?

All I know is I'm not going to waste my time over it.

ppl at my school say it is where you cut yur hand. thats term 1 but term 2 is a genre of music.

theres alots of defs. who am i to tell you there wrong like tamaw pants said. well g2g

What do "emo" people think they are though? do they think that they are like tough or something? cause I never really understood what it ment to be "emo".

<3 ~~Loola~~ <3

T/wpants is right, sorry.

I personally think 'Emo' is just a label.

It must be pretty tough to be emo. Like what I meant by that is not like "omg poorz emos! deyz have so much on deyz shoulderz!!" But they probably suffer from depression every day. Emo is just a label. People have taken in wayyy to far. It used to be a way of dressing. Then came the music. Nothing wrong with that. But then came the cutting, the major depression and yeah.

I think emo is really just a label or a type of music.

These two grade niner buddies of mine are labeled "emo" or "scene" just coz of the way they dress and look and don't like it. Both are real sweet and fun and I think that these labels are just plain bull. It's really stupid what people do and say these days.

^ Same.No one can dress how they want anymore without getting called emo.

I'll wear like skinney jeans + Converse and they'll be like

"ZOMG YEW EMO!"

It just sends me over the edge, I have my own darn style, so deal with it.
i KN0W WHAT Y0U MEAN,LyKE iF Y0U LiSTEN 0 A CERTAiN TyPE 0F MUZiK 0R DRESS A CERTAiN WAy...PE0PLE MiGHT THiNk Y0U'RE A P0SER && STUFF LyKE THAT...THATz WHAT i S0METiMEz G0 THR0UGH...

[SIZE=7pt]I think its kind of mean how they would label someone just on the things they enjoy in life. People tought I was emo because I used to wear dark colors. Emo isn't that. [/SIZE]

My opinion is clear. I think its rude to label someone like that. Who cares if they cut themselves? [From what I've read, it doesn't seem like they do that though.] Just let them be. I have a friend who is emo and trying to kill herself, all I have to do is steer her back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back