Factsss :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A beard can grow up to 30 feet in a lifetime if left unshaved.

Six year old kids laugh an average of 300 times a day.

I've got a whole book of these pointless yet interesting facts. I'll post the ones I remember.

Adolf Hitler's mum tried wanted to get an abortion, but the doctor talked her out of it. Blame the doctor, pplz.

The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the alphabet.

A duck's quack doesn't echo.

When you sneeze, all your body functions stop, even your heart.

Coca Cola was originally green

Santa's suit used to be green until Coca Cola came alone.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches two to six years of age.

Coca Cola used to contain cocaine.

If you put an unpeeled orange in water it'll float, but if you put a peeled orange in water it'll sink.

There are more people alive today than people who have ever died.

The first text ever sent said, "Merry Christmas". Now the amount of texts sent today equal the world's population.

Betty Boop was actually supposed to be a redhead.

Walt Disney was scared of mice.

The guy who did the voice for Bugs Bunny was allergic to carrots.

Dogs are known to get every disease humans get except appendixitis, because they don't have an appendix.

A Nigerian tribe used to greet each other by shaking eachother's -cough- instead of their hands.

The Scooby Doo character, Shaggy's real name is Norvelle Rogers.

In Britain:

About 100 people die every year from trying to water their Christmas trees while the lights were still on.

Ill people have to walk to the back of a chemists to get their medicine while fit people can buy their sweets at the counter.

Your pizza arrives faster than your ambulance.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

A whale's -cough- is called a dork.

More Monopoly money is printed every year than real money.

"Ring-a-Ring-a-Roses" was about the black plague (this might be wrong)

The continents names all end with the same letter they start with.

A blue whale's tongue weighs more than an elephant.

A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.

A cow can walk upstairs, but not down.

Brazil was named after the nut, not the other way round.

Leonardo DaVinchi could draw with one hand and write with the other.

Although the film "Braveheart" was about Scotland, it was made by Americans, the actor for William Wallace was Australian and most of it was filmed in Ireland.

If you type in the code for one of the planes that crashed into the twin towers , "Q33NY", into Microsoft Word using the font "Wingdings" you get freaky results. But that probably wasn't the code of the plane, so this doesn't really count.

The longest place name still in use is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, a hill in New Zealand.

In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed on a watch is ten past ten.

Al Capone's (a famous gangster) business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 O_O

It was illegal to sell ET dolls in France because there is a law against selling dolls without human faces.

In the film "JAWS 3D" the shark blows up. Some of the shark guts were the stuffed ET dolls being sold at the time.

If you type in the code for one of the planes that crashed into the twin towers , "Q33NY", into Microsoft Word using the font "Wingdings" you get freaky results. But that probably wasn't the code of the plane, so this doesn't really count.
75% of people who read that are trying to see what it says.

It is almost impossible to lick your elbow.

Most people that read that try to lick their elbow.

Almost 30,000 computer viruses are discovered everyday.

More people live in China than live in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Russia, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, and Japan put together.

More than 75% of people don't wash their hands when they come hom from school/work.

(Im not 100% sure if this was really true or not) Two animators who worked for Walt Disney made a short cartoon with

Mickey and Minney Mouse *I rather not say..* When Walt Disney discovered this,he fired the two men and the film was destroyed.

Cats have more bones than a human.

People spend more money on games and electronics than research and science.

Urine was once used to wash hair- to get rid of hair lice.

Your poop can sometimes come out colored green, depending on what you eat.

Eyes closed, forehead-to-forehead, and nose-to-nose, is the way the Maori people of New Zealand greet eachother.

/ uh yeah, I learned that while in NZ, :D

It would take 17 years to get to the sun in an airplane.

Summer on Uranus lasts for 21 years.

The coolest stars are colored red.

I tried that. It was scary. o.o

It made me feel twice as freaked out because I'm Jewish, I live in New York, and a relative of mine used to work in the twin towers.

If all the people in China stood on each others' shoulders they could make 3 chains going to the moon.

Seaweed in used to thinken icecream

Your finger nails grow 4x's faster than toenails

If you use large amounts of nailpolish on your big toe nail, you will be able to rip it off within two weeks

Someone once sold toast for 20,000 dollars because it had bloody mary's face on it

Sally the Witch was the first magical girl anime, made in 1968

A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby

If you freeze a goldfish, leave it for two weeks, and then defrost it, it will still be alive! (I know. My teacher has done it every year and it works every time.)

In ancient Egypt, people shaved their eyebrows off as a sign of mourning when their cats died.

The dot over the letter "i" is called a "tittle"

Butterflies taste their food with their feet

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, sliver, or purple.

Eating with a fork was considered scandalous in the Middle Ages.

The plastic things at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets"

The act of snapping your fingers has a name: "fillip"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back