Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I am sure I will find one eventually. I am looking forward to all these critters roaming the town with their adopted child. Yes, furby adopts child. Atleast the Furby tames children better then some of the adults here... Keeps the child entertained instead of screaming for no reason.

If we don't see them anytime soon... I might fork over a bit extra for one. We usually have a fairly decent stock of regular furby at one of our Walmarts...

Regular Furbys aren't hard to find here. I was at Toys R Us a couple weeks ago and they had a whole shelf full of them. Any color you could possibly want. I don't know if the stores around here have Party Rockers yet. I haven't been anywhere in awhile. They might be harder to find being both new and cheaper than regular Furbys.

Yup. I figure that will be the case. I hope I come across the Love By in a store somewhere... I really fell in love with it looking more into them.

Hm, maybe Shelby size? Since they're small and all....

Anyone have pictures of the other two you're talking about?

Speaking of which, trying to repair this Shelby i picked up for 5 bucks at the swap meet. Managed to fix the back sensor issue and the shell 'catching' and not going down, even while sleeping, but the mouth and shell are out of sync--the shell moves when the mouth is to move, and vice versa. Going to have to take it apart further to see what's up, I heard this happened with old Furbies and there's a 'switch' or screw or something you turn to sync it. I wonder if the Shelbies have it...
The sync screw?

Yes, Shelbys have it.

The sync screw?

Yes, Shelbys have it.
Yeah i found it and it's fixed. :) Nothing can be done about the low voice, though, that needs a speaker replacement which I cannot do.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess the party rockers don't have animated LCD eyes... Just a still frame that they always have as there expressions. They are rather cute though... And fairly inexpensive so I'll probably be picking up a loveby next time I go to Walmart or something. Also thinking about buying and original or emototronic furby on ebay soon.

It doesn't appear so. I can confirm if nobody has seen one in person yet. It looks like a piece of plastic swapping back and forth. Not sure, I haven't gotten mine yet. I expect it sometime soon. I bought a Love By.

i would recommend the original Furby. They can interact with the newer Furby better. Youtube has video of a few together.

I'm thinking seriously about waiting to see some reviews before I buy any of the Party Rockers. From what I've heard so far there isn't a whole lot to them. No LCD eyes, no animatronic movement, I think I'd rather spend money on increasing my 2012 Furby collection.

Ya. I plan to do a bit of a verbal review of them. Atleast the Loveby. Looks like the prices are slowly (very slowly) starting to come down online. It seems like some places are still in pre-orders, like they come out in March. Some places might have had them or put some in stock. I didn't expect them until atleast middle March.

I'm looking forward to your review. I very much want to know what these Party Rocker things are like and what they are capable of.

I'm not able to view videos. I have Hughes.net satelite internet. It's the only available high speed option out here. It's fine for browsing and reading websites and messageboards but it's really stingy with the bandwidth caps. If I hit that cap it slows my connection down to sub dial up speeds.

Ahh. Then fast forward version.

Blue with horn mouth, very chatty. Loud. (possibly annouying) Hence the twitt-by.

Purple reminds me of the diva personality on the actually fruby, but louder. sassby

Love by seems really sweet. Kinda reminds me of a baby furby. Very sweet sounding, girly, perfect for young kids.

The blue with horns on his head, I haven't looked much at him. Sorta weirds me out to be honest. I would guess simmilar to the personality on the furby... (sorta... Um... Brash?) scoffby

They all sing. Seem very chatty with the Furby. Seems like it would be better to have a 1 on 1 with Furby and Party Rocker. They feed off their energy/sounds.

The loveby reminds me quite a bit of fluttershy witch is probably one reason I want it :p

The blue with horns is actually my favorite. If I do decide to get a couple him and Loveby will probably be the two I go for.

I got my Twittby today! I kept watch on Walmart.com, and snapped up a pre-order for him on Saturday.

I haven't played with him much yet, but I did find out a few answers to questions. Twittby is a very tiny thing. He only comes up to the beak on a regular Furby, and isn't as big around since he doesn't have any range of movement. I think you can pet a Party Rocker. I did it a few times, and he reacted, but maybe that was just a fluke of timing or he reacted to being shaken around. Twittby also reacts by pulling his tail. Mostly, the way to play with a Party Rocker is to shake them or having them talk to a regular Furby.

Which Twittby is doing right now. I put him in front of Tennessee--orange with blue features--my most talkative Furby, and they're entering themselves without a lot of input from me. Twittby's teaching Tennessee some new songs and phrases. Twittby will sing a song, then Tennessee will sing the same, and they go back-and-forth.

Twittby falls asleep a lot faster than a regular Furby. After only a few seconds, he falls asleep, his eyes turning off. He's very sensitive to wake up. If I get up from my desk (where he's sitting), I have to be careful to not wobble him enough to wake him up.

Personally, I like having Twittby in my growing Furby family. He's small enough that I can bring him around with me, and he just adds a little something to the regular Furbys. There's really not a lot to do with a Party Rocker on its own, though, so it's really up to (general) you if you want to spend the money on one.

Hopefully, this helps shed some more information on the Party Rockers.

Oh yes. Is Twittby... Talkative? I mean... Does he talk like a run- on sentence, or very fast? Hyper at times? I kinda like his looks but I think Twittby might be a bit too much talk for people if he is. I still might get him later, but if so, he might not have batteries in him.

I ordered LoveBy... Should have her tommorrow or Thursday. I am really getting antzy for her to be here. I love her look...

Hm, interesting. Thanks for the in depth look at it. :)

Aw, you're welcome, Mido!

Oh yes. Is Twittby... Talkative? I mean... Does he talk like a run- on sentence, or very fast? Hyper at times? I kinda like his looks but I think Twittby might be a bit too much talk for people if he is. I still might get him later, but if so, he might not have batteries in him.

I ordered LoveBy... Should have her tommorrow or Thursday. I am really getting antzy for her to be here. I love her look...
It depends on how active you keep him. I just shook him really fast for a few seconds, and he's very noisy right now! He shouted "OH BABY!" four times in a row, sang for a while, said "EE-TAY!" twice, one "kah ay ay oo-nye!", and then went to sleep.

But if I wake him up and just let him sit without shaking him, he's quieter. A burp, a few laughs, and then right back to sleep.

He mostly says "BLAH!" a few times or "OH KAH TEE!" when he's on his own.

So Twittby can be talkative, but you have the choice when you want him to be. Which is good, because as I said before, he's really sensitive to being woken up!

Have fun with Loveby! She's adorable. If I were to get a second Party Rocker, she would be my choice.

I finally got her from FedEX. Jeeze... I don't think I will be using them again. There is so much negitive on facebook. ANYWHO. They finally decided to drop her off pretty late for them. Glad they did.

I opened her up and she looks good. Is haven't put batteries in yet. Just had neices come and were leaving as I got her. I didn't want them to see her and want to play with her yet. I am just thankful she got here... I plan to play with her soon. I don't think people are ready for epic cuteness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back