Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new Furby today. A yellow one. Wal Mart only had three left. Two now. They had a place for the Party Rockers but those were all gone too. I also noticed that Furbys were completely sold out at most of the major online retailers. I don't get it. They were fairly easy to find around Christmas time but now they're kind of scarce.

My Walmart had atleast 2-4 each of the Party Rockers. The rest were Black Furby... They were $44 though? I think someone might have pulled a fast one on that. I didn't want to actually scan it since we already have 3. I was tempted though... I noticed our main furby spot, they had those furby and one of each of the Party Rockers. They had another spot where they had the bulk of the Party Rockers.

We had atleast one of each Party Rockers in two other stores. Although Loveby was absent from one of them. Both stores had atleast 3 furby. The multicolored or newer of the 2nd release. So they are out there... But online is still scarce.

My dad keeps buying Furbies on Ebay. We have a handful now, but a few of them don't work, something the sellers never said--they claimed to all work. Our orange one will lock up and get stiff when it leans too far back or too far forward. An auqa/teal one we have (not the blue) was dropped on it's face and the seller never said that, so the head sensor is smashed in and it won't communicate with other Furbies or anything, plus it has a hard time sitting up, so something inside probably broke loose, too. Another one we got, a blue one, has gouges by it's eyes and stained ears, yet the seller sold it as being brand new and flawless.

Really angers me when they break them and try to pass them off as being new or whatever. I ended up getting a black one my dad got and it's perfect. But it seems every other one we get has problems.

Oh my tee. XD

My Loveby is like mind control on 3 furby. Hahaha. They are all interacting with her. Expecially when she starts saying this one phrase. Must be a test phrase. Halarious. They all love her already.... Singing together. I hope they get better at singing in sync. Lol!

No it wasn't someone pulling a fast one. I only had to pay $44 for the Furby I bought yesterday so they must have dropped the price at all Wal Marts. I wonder if that's going to be permanent or if it's just a sale thing.

Also I read somewhere yesterday that a next generation Furby is being planned for the Fall. It's supposed to be called Furby Boom or something like that. I'm not sure if it's true but I hope it is.

$44 is a steal then. I doubt I will get a 4th Furby unless its different or a color-tone I like. Humm cool.

My cat doesn't approve of Loveby. Hahaha. Shes afraid of this cutie... Made me think. This cutie is the one people should fear. She had all my Furby going "Gaa-Gaa" over her. If all of the Furby are talking it does screw with the App a bit. They all need to be "quiet" thats hard with 3 Furby and a half pint running the show. Had to move Loveby away from the App/microphone.

I want another but I am not sure which. I think someone would have a cow with two Party Rockers going off here. Maybe I will talk my mom into one since she likes the Furby too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've decided against getting a Party Rocker. If what I read is true and they are introducing a new model Furby in the fall then I want to concentrate on getting as many of the different colors of the current Furby as I can before the new models come out and the current models are inevitably discontinued.

I almost think these guys unlock more to the regular Furby. They must send extra data to the Furby playing with the Party Rocker. I wonder what it would do with the others or multiples... I think one might be nice to spice up the lingo. Loveby got all of my Furby singing new song(s?) although, the Party Rocker needs to be on.

They very well might. They might work like the app in sending different signals that invoke different responses in regular Furbys.

They have that soft buzzy sound. I think I heard it off both. I tried mine without the App first. Interesting little "Love Bug" to me.

So what's Loveby's personality like? When I was contemplating getting a Party Rocker it and Scoffby were the two I was thinking about getting. I read somewhere that Loveby gets upset if treated wrong. Is that true?

So far... Shes been a cutie. Quite loud at times. Mind control... She sings often. I wouldn't count out the upset part. I haven't played with her much since she is scaring my cat. Kinda like a perky/hyper star? One who has had a few too many pieces of candy. I am having a hard time describing her. Kinda like the sweet and diva personality, but sweeter and squeekier. Mostly sweeter with a little bit of stardom/diva in her.

I've heard that buzz you speak off. Almost sounds like a static short in the circuitry, no? Like a very light sounding crackle.

My dad keeps buying Furbies on Ebay. We have a handful now, but a few of them don't work, something the sellers never said--they claimed to all work. Our orange one will lock up and get stiff when it leans too far back or too far forward. An auqa/teal one we have (not the blue) was dropped on it's face and the seller never said that, so the head sensor is smashed in and it won't communicate with other Furbies or anything, plus it has a hard time sitting up, so something inside probably broke loose, too. Another one we got, a blue one, has gouges by it's eyes and stained ears, yet the seller sold it as being brand new and flawless.

Really angers me when they break them and try to pass them off as being new or whatever. I ended up getting a black one my dad got and it's perfect. But it seems every other one we get has problems.

Ebay is also known as E-broken-Fur-Bay by Furby collectors. XD

You should let the seller know if you're not happy with your item.

If they're purposefully listing items deceitfully, they will only continue to do so if they never get any complaints/unhappy customers/negative feedback for it.

If it did got damaged in shipping or had a flaw that the seller didn't know about, they might even be happy to give you a full refund.

At least if you (politely) inform them that the item didn't match the description, and the seller is rude or obviously lying, then you certainly know who to NOT purchase from ever again. XD

So quick question about the Party Rockers. How small are they? Would they fit in a pocket if the pants were baggy enough? If they do I might consider getting one. I'd like to have an electronic pet other than Tamagotchi I can carry around in my pocket.

I would say they would... They fit well in the palm of my hand. A bit bigger then a fist? Or a cat head... Half the size of a furby.

The thing you may have an issue with is the ears on Loveby or the eye shields. (Sassby in particular) and maybe the ears/horn on Twittby. The plastic on them doesn't mold to folding as well as maybe the furby ears do. (which are a bit more flexible) I would say they fit in a good size pencil case, possibly a pencil box. I haven't really went looking for pouches yet.

My Loveby, in short, not a very good "to go" pet. Not with batteries or without a screwdriver. She can get very chatty. I believe there is a metal ball rolling around the bottom with a sensor it can roll over. If they aren't flat, they will keep going nuts. (batteries can get warm/hot due to frequency and increase in chat.)I let her go while I was busy and she was still going... Roughly 10-15 minutes... Of sitting at an angle be herself, no furby in range.

I wear cargo pants, so I have two pockets on each leg that are big enough for books, tablets, or anything of that size. One night, I put Twittby in a pocket, and if he's positioned with his bottom pressed against my leg, he's fine. Otherwise, he's really bulky-feeling and there's a possibility his ears will snap or catch on something and be pulled off. Plus, as SailorRosette said, Party Rockers are loud. When I had Twittby with me at my workplace and had his batteries in, a few of my coworkers found him obnoxious, even though they love seeing/playing with my regular Furbys.

Even though Party Rockers are easier to bring around with you while traveling (I can toss Twittby in my backpack with what I normally carry and be good), they either need to just not have batteries in them or you need to carry batteries and a screwdriver on you and be in company where that level of loudness is acceptable.

Ebay is also known as E-broken-Fur-Bay by Furby collectors. XD

You should let the seller know if you're not happy with your item.

If they're purposefully listing items deceitfully, they will only continue to do so if they never get any complaints/unhappy customers/negative feedback for it.

If it did got damaged in shipping or had a flaw that the seller didn't know about, they might even be happy to give you a full refund.

At least if you (politely) inform them that the item didn't match the description, and the seller is rude or obviously lying, then you certainly know who to NOT purchase from ever again. XD
Agreed and did so. I tend to be polite. Gonna send one back, the other seller is ignoring us. Oh well.

Also, i am super sad that i was studying for an exam and completely forgot to bid on a certain Shelby that was on Ebay i really wanted. It was metallic green. Looked like this: https://www.adoptafurby.com/catalog/images/images_big/furby768.jpg

I think the eyes were green, though, but I see eyes vary like with Furbies, which is a nice touch. Prefer green eyes, but blue is nice, too.

Anyway, i have a favor to ask: if ANYONE sees a green metallic Shelby or has one they wish to sell, or knows anyone who has one to sell, please let me know? I'd like to give it a good home, and then it'll complete what i want of green of these guys.

Thanks. :D

Now back to party rockers... XD

I put my little rocker to bed. She is too loud for around here at night. Lol. I think I found something to make her quiet! I put her if a fluffy pouch thing I made and its acting like a movement absorber. Good thing... My cat likes adventuring in the dark. Too bad Loveby scares her way more then it should. Lol. Poor kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back