gay marriages

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree with it. I love my mother, I love my husband, and I love my “girl friends”. But the love I have for my husband is different, that is the way I think it should be. I believe that’s the way God made it.

That being said, I do not Hate or Dislike gays/ bisexuals/ lesbians (or whatever they wish to be called) in any way. I just don’t agree with the practice.

I think it’s a lot like a vegetarian would feel if they knew that among the cow and chicken that’s in my freezer I also have Bambi and Thumper as well.

They don’t agree with it, they wish I would change I’m sure, but they probably don’t hate me.

This is my opinion * DON’T HIT ME *

Well first off, I'd like to point out, that unless the gay person is attracted to you on a personal level, it is none of your business what their orientation is. I, personally am pansexual; I think it is unfair how if 'the one' happens to be female or transgendered I won't be able to marry them. I mean, that's just like how it was with black people years ago. "You can't marry him because he's black!" "You can't marry her because she's a she!" See the similarities? I think that eventually, gay marriage will be allowed because it defies the part of the constitution about "all men are created equal" and that's just basic, everybody-knows it stuff. Besides, it's not like we hold our weddings anywhere that's intrusive. If a homosexual couple gets married, your against it, and your not related, chances are, you won't be invited or even told. So, with as much respect as I can muster: *removed*, it's not related to your life so why should you care?

*Edit: TamaMum

Opinons are fine, but no provocative remarks ;)

This forum is for mature and sensible discussions.

All TamaTalk rules are to be strictly followed - no exceptions, no excuses

Last edited by a moderator:
I am for gay marriages 100%..love is love. It doesn't matter if it's two guys or two girls. You should be allowed to love whoever you want. If they are happy with each other, that is what matters.

Well first off, I'd like to point out, that unless the gay person is attracted to you on a personal level, it is none of your business what their orientation is. I, personally am pansexual; I think it is unfair how if 'the one' happens to be female or transgendered I won't be able to marry them. I mean, that's just like how it was with black people years ago. "You can't marry him because he's black!" "You can't marry her because she's a she!" See the similarities? I think that eventually, gay marriage will be allowed because it defies the part of the constitution about "all men are created equal" and that's just basic, everybody-knows it stuff. Besides, it's not like we hold our weddings anywhere that's intrusive. If a homosexual couple gets married, your against it, and your not related, chances are, you won't be invited or even told. So, with as much respect as I can muster:  *removed*, it's not related to your life so why should you care?
Hey, it’s my opinion. I think I put that as nicely as possible so don’t tell me to *removed*. This is my freedom of speech, I’m exercising it.

Further more I don’t believe in mixing races either. But have several black and Mexican friends and I'm friends with one mong they don’t mind the way I feel. (being kinda mixed myself). But this is off topic….

My brother in law and I are close friends. He comes from a very religious family. HE IS GAY! He is my friend. He knows how I feel, and we go on. I don’t bet him with a stick and tell him that he is sinning, he doesn’t tell me about his boy friends. Why are you so defensive anyway? If you don’t want to hear other peoples opinions stop reading, OK?

I don’t dislike you… I just have strong convictions.

*Edit: TamaMum

Freedom of speech is fine, but no provocative replies or fanning the flames.

Follow the TamaTalk site rules please - no exceptions, no excuses.

Hey, it’s my opinion. I think I put that as nicely as possible so don’t tell me to *removed*. This is my freedom of speech, I’m exercising it. Further more I don’t believe in mixing races either. But have several black and Mexican friends and I'm friends with one mong they don’t mind the way I feel.  (being kinda mixed myself). But this is off topic….

My brother in law and I are close friends. He comes from a very religious family. HE IS GAY! He is my friend. He knows how I feel, and we go on. I don’t bet him with a stick and tell him that he is sinning, he doesn’t tell me about his boy friends. Why are you so defensive anyway? If you don’t want to hear other peoples opinions stop reading, OK?

I don’t dislike you… I just have strong convictions.

Why do you think that? This world is full of people who are different, we need to embrace our differences, not reject them. I honestly doubt that you could think of one decent reason of why races shouldn't be mixed.

Being gay is completey fine. It doesnt bother me in the slightest. I understand others opinions, but just because the bible says it isn't right, doesnt mean you should do it.

Like I've said many times, The Bible is contradictive with itself.

Why do you think that? This world is full of people who are different, we need to embrace our differences, not reject them. I honestly doubt that you could think of one decent reason of why races shouldn't be mixed.

Being gay is completey fine. It doesnt bother me in the slightest. I understand others opinions, but just because the bible says it isn't right, doesnt mean you should do it.

Like I've said many times, The Bible is contradictive with itself.
Well, as you have guessed my morels do come from the Bible. This is the way I feel:

As for mixing races I believe we are all special, and God loves us everyone the same. But in the Old Testament God told the children of Israel not to mix. In a way I feel that we embrace our differences more when we try to keep the color separate the way God made them. We can still all get along. If you’re already married to someone of a different race then I think you should stay with that person because although it wasn’t the Lords will in the beginning, it is now that you are married, and the Lord will bless it. (The story of Moses, who’s wife was Black).

I want explain the Homosexual thing because I know how offensive the biblical point of view is on it. But if you want to know what the Bible says PM me.

As to the statement you made about the Bible is contradictive with itself. All but one English version does contradict itself. This is the devils tool.

I believe that the King James 1611 is the one and only true word of God in the English language. It doesn’t contradict itself, not even once.

I hope that this answered you’re questions! I would also like to thank you for being so sweet, even though you do disagree. That’s the way it should be.

Well, as you have guessed my morels do come from the Bible. This is the way I feel:
As for mixing races I believe we are all special, and God loves us everyone the same. But in the Old Testament God told the children of Israel not to mix. In a way I feel that we embrace our differences more when we try to keep the color separate the way God made them. We can still all get along. If you’re already married to someone of a different race then I think you should stay with that person because although it wasn’t the Lords will in the beginning, it is now that you are married, and the Lord will bless it. (The story of Moses, who’s wife was Black).

I want explain the Homosexual thing because I know how offensive the biblical point of view is on it. But if you want to know what the Bible says PM me.

As to the statement you made about the Bible is contradictive with itself. All but one English version does contradict itself. This is the devils tool.

I believe that the King James 1611 is the one and only true word of God in the English language. It doesn’t contradict itself, not even once.

I hope that this answered you’re questions! I would also like to thank you for being so sweet, even though you do disagree. That’s the way it should be.
That's one reason racism started, and I really feel offended by that too. :[ I'm many races and I have been put down because of all my races. How would we embrace ours differences if we we're all one race? That would tear the world apart. As I do respect your opinion, I just don't agree.

I still don't understand the whole "God is against gays" statement. If he was against, why did he make it. :/

I do wish people would stop bringing god or any type of holy figure into a debate or an argument. Not everyone listens to the bible or should. If you were brought up that way, fine. That's how you were raised. Keep it to yourself and don't rub it on others.

If Bobby and Benny wanna marry, let them. In my opinion, gay people do know more about love then a straight couple. Or so it seems. I have found a fancomic on a couple who was being hounded by a bible thumper.

Gay people are only human. Last time I checked.

... But in the Old Testament God told the children of Israel not to mix....
... and the Lord will bless it. (The story of Moses, who’s wife was Black).

... As to the statement you made about the Bible is contradictive with itself. All but one English version does contradict itself. This is the devils tool.

I believe that the King James 1611 is the one and only true word of God in the English language. It doesn’t contradict itself, not even once ...
I'm sorry to go off topic from Gay marriage, but I had to read through your post several times, because I think I have misunderstood some of your points...

Your reasoning seems to suggest that God told the Children of Israel not to mix, yet He blessed a mixed marriage.

I don't understand which Bible you are quoting from, since you also mention that the King James 1611 Bible doesn't contradict itself.

Your quoted example from the Bible seems to be a contradiction.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I understood that God was suggesting to the Children of Israel that they did not mix in marriage with other religions

That of course is a completely different take on the meaning and, for those who take their morals from the Bible, would allow 2 Christians of different races to marry with Gods blessing :D

Yeah, I'm not against mixing races, BTW.

Anyway, if you believe it's genetics, how do you believe so? Genetic mutation? Autosomal recessive? There are genetic mutations I know of that happen because of nondysjunction [when the gametes are formed] that you can have XXY instead of just an XX [female] or an XY [male]. Although he has two XXs, he's still a guy because he has a Y. There has to be at least one Y to make a person a guy. With that said, these males are mostly infertile and have higher levels of estregen [sp?]. Is it 'proof' that it's genetics? No, I don't believe so. It's not extremely common and although I don't have any statistics, I know that that just lowers the percentage of GLBT with this genetic mutation.

So, for those who believe it's genetics, how so? I'm curious. :]

I think that love is love. It doesn't matter if its 2 girls or boys. As long as they are happy with each other. You deserve to marry whoever you want.

I dont believe theres anything wrong with gay marriages.Love is love.No matter what form it is.You cant stop love from happening so why try.Love is the one thing that no matter how hard you try, you can't break it.

Yeah, I'm not against mixing races, BTW.
Anyway, if you believe it's genetics, how do you believe so? Genetic mutation? Autosomal recessive? There are genetic mutations I know of that happen because of nondysjunction [when the gametes are formed] that you can have XXY instead of just an XX [female] or an XY [male]. Although he has two XXs, he's still a guy because he has a Y. There has to be at least one Y to make a person a guy. With that said, these males are mostly infertile and have higher levels of estregen [sp?]. Is it 'proof' that it's genetics? No, I don't believe so. It's not extremely common and although I don't have any statistics, I know that that just lowers the percentage of GLBT with this genetic mutation.

So, for those who believe it's genetics, how so? I'm curious. :]
Genetics? What do you mean it's genetics? Just asking to clarify. Do you mean that genetics makes them act a certain way? Or love a certain way? Or something else completely?

I understand what you mean by XX, XY, and XXY. But not quite what you mean about genetics affecting something. I just wondered what you meant. What does genetics affect? I'm rather lost.

Genetics? What do you mean it's genetics? Just asking to clarify. Do you mean that genetics makes them act a certain way? Or love a certain way? Or something else completely?
I understand what you mean by XX, XY, and XXY. But not quite what you mean about genetics affecting something. I just wondered what you meant. What does genetics affect? I'm rather lost.
Like, it's in the persons' genes to be homosexual- meaning it's not a personal choice.

Oh, and BTW. Someone mentioned Down's Syndrome and how that wasn't very common but a genetic deal [after I said that it would be more than 10% of the population]? We've been learning about that and it's trisomy 21, one more chromosome than usual, a genetic mutation. Is it a genetic mutation? Simple recessive? I'm curios to know if someone will clarify.

Hey well,

I aint being rude, but I dont Belive in gay Marrgiers. but people who are Gay its there Choice,

but The world was not ment to be that way, its ment to be Men and Women married together and Having Children.

<3Sparks.<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back