gay marriages

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are completely wrong, ezpecially since i am a christian and in the Bible it says that they are wrong. I'm not trying to insult anyone but they are just completly wrong in my religion

Your reasoning seems to suggest that God told the Children of Israel not to mix, yet He blessed a mixed marriage.

I don't understand which Bible you are quoting from, since you also mention that the King James 1611 Bible doesn't contradict itself.

Your quoted example from the Bible seems to be a contradiction.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I understood that God was suggesting to the Children of Israel that they did not mix in marriage with other religions

That of course is a completely different take on the meaning and, for those who take their morals from the Bible, would allow 2 Christians of different races to marry with Gods blessing :)
Israel is separate in religion and race; they are considered “Gods chosen people. You’re right God doesn’t want other religions to marry as well.

The bible doesn’t contradict its self, it’s just saying that God don’t want you to marry this group of people, ok but if you already have then God loves you enough to not ask you to break up. God doesn’t like divorce. Just consider it Gods mercy, ya know?

I’d also like to point out I’m NOT pregadus If a president runs that’s black, and I think he’s the best choice I’d vote for him in a heart beat. I’m sorry that I don’t believe the same as everyone else.

People post controversial thoughts here and say things like I want you’re opinion. But when the minority specks out (the minority is me this time) they get bashed. I can’t give you an opinion on these things without the Bible, it is my life. Can you guys respect my opinions as well even if you don’t agree?

*** Just as a note some Christians believe that it's ok to mix race cause God said that to Israel and not the Gentiles, (if you're not Jew you are Gential) so there is some debate on the subject.

Now, the gay thing like I said I’m against it.

I don't think that gay marrage is wrong as long as your happy with someone you love it does not matter if it is a guy or a girl, what do you think about that.

Like, it's in the persons' genes to be homosexual- meaning it's not a personal choice.
Oh, and BTW. Someone mentioned Down's Syndrome and how that wasn't very common but a genetic deal [after I said that it would be more than 10% of the population]? We've been learning about that and it's trisomy 21, one more chromosome than usual, a genetic mutation. Is it a genetic mutation? Simple recessive? I'm curios to know if someone will clarify.
ok you get 23 chromosomes from your mom and 23 from you dad If you get one less or one more chromosome you are more than likely to get down syndrome if you don't have exatly 46 all to gether or if you also have a mutation in one chromosome it will efect the rest of you.

ok you get 23 chromosomes from your mom and 23 from you dad If you get one less or one more chromosome you are more than likely to get down syndrome if you don't have exatly 46 all to gether or if you also have a mutation in one chromosome it will efect the rest of you.
It's actually because you have three chromosome 21s instead of just two. That's called a trisomy. It happens because of nondisjuntion- the chromosomes fail to sperate during meiosis. So you are correct, they have more. 47- one more than a normal human. ;]

I'm asking, what is all this about GLB vs genetics? Some say your orientation is embedded into your genes somehow. Someone explain this to me. Everyone says you can't choose, well why not? Give me some information and not just a link. Expain it to me and then back it up and show me where you got it.

I am NOT saying this for myself,but... [SIZE=21pt]LET PEOPLE BE GAY!!![/SIZE]

... like i said,I AM NOT SAYING THIS FOR MYSELF!!!!!

*shudders at the thought of Ed X Roy or Ed X Envy*

Last edited by a moderator:
I, personally, think gay marriages arent wrong but just plain nasty. I mean, how many ppl can actually be gay in this world? :huh:
The official statistic is about 25 million. Less than one tenth of one percent of the world population.

In other words, a lot.

The official statistic is about 25 million. Less than one tenth of one percent of the world population.
In other words, a lot.
Not compared to the other what, 3-4 billion?

Since I know I will encounter friends going through things dealing with this I have a question- if a friend ever comes out to me, what do think the best reaction from me would be the most comfortable for them? Do I not say anything, like, what should I do or say?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe in gay marriages, I'm bi so I couldnt get married if there wernt any.

Actually I could. But you know what I mean.

Like, it's in the persons' genes to be homosexual- meaning it's not a personal choice.
Oh, and BTW. Someone mentioned Down's Syndrome and how that wasn't very common but a genetic deal [after I said that it would be more than 10% of the population]? We've been learning about that and it's trisomy 21, one more chromosome than usual, a genetic mutation. Is it a genetic mutation? Simple recessive? I'm curios to know if someone will clarify.
Ahhh....okay thanks.

I think...on that subject...it can't really be gentics. It's a choice. I think that we are influenced by society to be 'straight'. And there's those few who don't get influenced. It's a way of thinking. Love is love. Genetics has nothing to do with it. To me, we have been influened by society who for many generations have believed that you have to marry the opposite sex. But I think, that if you want to marry the same sex, you should be allowed to, not considered weird or nasty or disgusting.

Ahhh....okay thanks.
I think...on that subject...it can't really be gentics. It's a choice. I think that we are influenced by society to be 'straight'. And there's those few who don't get influenced. It's a way of thinking. Love is love. Genetics has nothing to do with it. To me, we have been influened by society who for many generations have believed that you have to marry the opposite sex. But I think, that if you want to marry the same sex, you should be allowed to, not considered weird or nasty or disgusting.
So you're saying that it's the opposite way around- that people we are made GLB [more or less] and only they stick to it and the rest of us are straight because we are influenced to be heterosexual? Just check'n to see it I got that right.

I think I understand what you're saying, if not, correct me.

If this is how it is, that we're influenced to be straight, when did this start and why would it work? A gay couple can not have kids because it's not possible. And then our species would die out because we all would be gay which wouldn't work. Couldn't it be the other way around that because we all have some sort of thing for making children? That's why we have female and male parts and egg/sperm. That they're influenced to be GLB and not the other way around?

Kinda....I'm saying that when we were born, we were all...perhaps....bisexual. But the way society turned out, we were somewht influenced into believing that the 'right' way to go is to be heterosexual. But there are those, who didn't maybe, get so influenced or something. I'm not quite sure how to word it.

But I think you've got my point. I think, in an attempt to answer your questions, that it all started way before us. Way way way back to when Earth was being formed and humas started evolving from the one commonn ancestor. I don't think we would all be homosexual, because I think we were all born, like, bisexual. And most of us, through all of these years of influence ended up heterosexual.

Did you get that kinda?

Kinda....I'm saying that when we were born, we were all...perhaps....bisexual. But the way society turned out, we were somewht influenced into believing that the 'right' way to go is to be heterosexual. But there are those, who didn't maybe, get so influenced or something. I'm not quite sure how to word it.
But I think you've got my point. I think, in an attempt to answer your questions, that it all started way before us. Way way way back to when Earth was being formed and humas started evolving from the one commonn ancestor. I don't think we would all be homosexual, because I think we were all born, like, bisexual. And most of us, through all of these years of influence ended up heterosexual.

Did you get that kinda?
Yep, I get what you're saying.

Further more, wouldn't the homosexuals all die out then? If you don't have kids, you won't pass down the homosexual trait or whatever you want to call it. Then it wouldn't be an issue because there really wouldn't be such a thing- at least not ten percent of the population.

Well, no.It's not genetics. At least I don't think so. Okay, I don't believe so. I'll believe it's genetics when I see proof. It's basically a choice each person makes.

Well, no.It's not genetics. At least I don't think so. Okay, I don't believe so. I'll believe it's genetics when I see proof. It's basically a choice each person makes.
So now I'm confoozooled. x...x;

I'll ask you this, how then is it implimented if not by genetics?

Since I know I will encounter friends going through things dealing with this I have a question- if a friend ever comes out to me, what do think the best reaction from me would be the most comfortable for them? Do I not say anything, like, what should I do or say?
I cant say this is a one size fits all answer, but I think something along the lines of;

Thank you for trusting me, I appreciate your honesty and understand it may have been difficult for you. I support you 100% and am happy as long as you are happy.

Coming out can be scary, I remember those days. People just dont want to be judged or lose a friend. Just make sure they know they dont have to worry about that.

I cant say this is a one size fits all answer, but I think something along the lines of;
Thank you for trusting me, I appreciate your honesty and understand it may have been difficult for you. I support you 100% and am happy as long as you are happy.

Coming out can be scary, I remember those days. People just dont want to be judged or lose a friend. Just make sure they know they dont have to worry about that.
Thanks so much. ^_^

I'm sure it's hard for both sides- how to do it and then on the other, what to say in reply.

Was it hard for you?

Thanks so much. ^_^
I'm sure it's hard for both sides- how to do it and then on the other, what to say in reply.

Was it hard for you?
At first it was really hard. I remember the first person I told. My best friend at the time had some news for me, I had assumed he was going to tell me something about his sexual orientation. He did, he said, 'Im bi' and before he could say anything I blurted out 'me too!' and we were both SO relieved.

Telling my best girl friends was hard because I didnt want them to be uncomfortable around me, but they were totally accepting and agreed that they at least found women attractive.

Now, I dont make a big deal about it and people generally react well.

However, the only member of my family that knows is my transgender aunt, who has been really supportive. I know that most of my family says they are accepting of homosexuality but would have an issue if I was. So I decided that if I ever fall in love with a woman I will of course tell them, if not, they need not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back