Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fine if you go swimming while you have your period. Mine didn't skip, it just appeared...about a month later.

Just be careful you don't get out of the water with blood dripping down your leg :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
gaah...the worst part about periods is that if it comes a little late, i get really really painful cramps D:

like once i didn't get it for two months, and then suddenly i was rolling on the floor in pain! *le gasp*

but yeah, you can go swimming! wear an absorbent swimsuit :]

and make sure to wash it when you're done. haha.

gaah...the worst part about periods is that if it comes a little late, i get really really painful cramps D:like once i didn't get it for two months, and then suddenly i was rolling on the floor in pain! *le gasp*

but yeah, you can go swimming! wear an absorbent swimsuit :]

and make sure to wash it when you're done. haha.
[SIZE=14pt]Aw. =( Sorry.[/SIZE]

Andn yes, you CAN go swimming or doing anything w/ water when you have your period. I take bathes all the timw when I have mine, it doesn't get bloody(That would be gross! D: )

You should wear a black/dark bathing nsuit, just incase. n;)

I wouldn't wear pads w/ wings when going swimming.. .___.

i had my first period this year in may 2008? i'm 11 yrs old. don't worry it doesn't hurt but it's kind of scary. but the good thing is NO MORE ACNE!!!!!

I'm not sure what has or hasn't been posted about periods and puberty but i will tell you as much as i know.

puberty: puberty can happen very late or very early but everyone goes at their own pace

deoderent: should be put on in the morning

acne:wash your face and if that doesn't help talk to your dc. about acne cream.

shaving: use soap or shaving cream on your legs to shave.shave from the ankles up to the knees

period:blood comes out of your middle ..... *hole* pads or tampons are useful.When you feel your getting really close to your period starting carry a pad around in a purse with you.

When I first got mine regularly I tried tampons because it was more comfortable to me, and I got used to them pretty fast. (At first it was irregular, a few months or so, but it evened out within a year.) But when I sleep I always use a pad. It's not great to sleep in tampons. But I got used to not sleeping on my back when I have it because It would stain the back of my underwear and I hated that. Especially at my dad's house. But I've gotten better with it now. It used to always be really heavy for a long time, but now it's slightly less heavy and lasts for less. It's usually heaviest on the second day for a day or two. Having to change a tampon every 2 hours or so. You just get used to how your own body works after a while.

Thats what I thought in the begining. But after you get used to it, it gets better.

I used to always just want to hide in a box, or just stay in the bathroom the whole time when I got mine. It sucks to put it plainly.

I was 11 when I first got my period, and I thought that I was well prepared for it. My mom is a nurse, and we'd talk before about what would happen and what I should expect, but when it actually came around, I had horrible menstrual cramps, migraines, and was so moody that I literally just laid in bed and cried for days. I was diagnosed with PMDD, a severe form of PMS, which is managed though anti-depressants and hormone therapy. Once I got on the right medications and learned more about my body, it got a lot easier.

I think a lot of girls get overwhelmed in the beginning. It's easy to feel unsure of what to do when you're dealing with all of these new concepts; tampons, pads, deodorant, acne, smells "down there", etc., but once you find a routine that works for you and learn more about your body and how your cycle works, you get more confident. You learn to deal with the cramps and the bloating over time, or you learn how to handle them with over the counter medicines like Midol or Tylenol, or you may even be like me and need something more than that, but you really do get used to it after a while.

It just takes time.

this is an (cough cough!) interesting topic...

a lot of people I know say it doesn't hurt...

hoped this helped a bit!

:eek:

Interesting topic. lol
I've had mine since I was 9. I don't have it anymore because of my birth control which is nice, but I remember it x.x'

The first time I had it it kinda scared me because I wasn't sure what it is. Being 9 I hadn't gone through sex ed, so it was kinda creepy seeing blood.. there.

The actual bleeding doesn't hurt, but the cramps do. Try midol and a heating pad when you get those. They indeed suck. The pain varries from person to person though so you might not feel pain, or you might be crumpled over in pain. Just depends. For me, it hurt bad.
i wasnt scared, i was just wierded out. like what the?????? whered that come from, but i wasnt scared because my friend said i would probably start soon any way being the age i am. so i just waited. but i get emotional when im on my period.

Guys I am pretty scared...Well I have swim team and I spend most of my time swimming so I'm afraid that while I'm at swim team i'll get my period and the blood will get into the pool. I would be really embarrassed. What should I do?? Do I get signs the day before I get my period so I can prepare and not go to swim team??

I was so sad... I got my period today... The only day I got to spend at the beach...
Aw - we can make a "my period came at the worst time possible club".

It's a few days before school starts and it started like.. halfly. I don't know - it didn't drip out onto my underwear but it just kinda.. sat there. ;)

Anyway, so that happened for two days and today I'm totally dry. :)

^ Can I join? I always have my period on days when I'm supposed to go swimming, go to amusment parks, and on days when I'm with my friends.
Count me in too. x.x I got it when I was at the beach for vacation, the day before one of my best friend's swimming party, almost every time I go to my friend's houses, I seriously hate the timing. x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back