Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my first period in July and I haven't had another one since. Is that normal? xD
Well, it is kind of. You could not have enough body fat to have your period, I remember you being thin.

I got my first one for 3 days (I got it on Christmas day -_- ) and then it just disappeared until 4 months later the day before I was going on holiday to Akaroa which has a stunning beach and staying right on the beach. It was torture not being able to swim as I had not mastered the art of the tampon.

If it really bothers you, see a doctor.

I had my first period in July and I haven't had another one since. Is that normal? xD
Yes. It's normal. Because the first few periods are "abnormal" (if that makes sense). Some girls get regular periods almost from the start - others find that its around 6 weeks between periods, still others find that it's longer - and for the first year or so, many girls can't work out when they will be due because their periods arrive so irregularly - sometimes after 6 weeks, the next time after 4 weeks, the next time after 2 months, and so on.

It takes time for your body to adjust to a regular cycle. I work on the basis that if, by the time a girl is 16 she has not started and is normal body weight and healthy then it's time to check with the doc. Before that, irregular periods are "normal" - late, is "normal" (unless of course, a girl is sexually active... when "late" is not necessarily a good sign :p )

+' timestamp='1288088254' post='3031645']October 26th, wait a minute...

Today's my period's second birthday ! It's two now ! Hehe. ^w^
My Period Will be 5 years old next month! Lol

Thats like, kindergardener age. haha

--

I started mine on saturday, been flowing kinda heavy.

As for the Tampon thing everyone keeps trying? I never tried one yet. I'm happy with my comfy pads :)

lol, Clara! Mine turned... 3 in July. Gosh. It's been a while. xD

I tried tampons over the weekend. Put one successfully in, but it hurt. It was in far enough, I'm positive. I used it up and tried again a little while later.. still hurt. I gave up because we were hosting a party and I just decided to stick to pads.

I don't know. I don't know why it hurts. It's up there, and yadda yadda, but it just kinda stings. x_x

lol, Clara! Mine turned... 3 in July. Gosh. It's been a while. xD

I tried tampons over the weekend. Put one successfully in, but it hurt. It was in far enough, I'm positive. I used it up and tried again a little while later.. still hurt. I gave up because we were hosting a party and I just decided to stick to pads.

I don't know. I don't know why it hurts. It's up there, and yadda yadda, but it just kinda stings. x_x
Yeah, i gave up on tampons for good. For exactly that reason. The worst thing about them is if you don't put it in right, you can't just take it right out and start over, because if it's dry then it really hurts. When i tried a tampon the first time, it hurt so much that i had to sit in the bath until i could take the tampon out, it was horrible. Never again.

Also my period turns 2 this month too, lol. I didn't even get it until i was 13... Also it was never irregular, after the first month it came about a month apart each time since then. Strange. Mine's finishing up right now, tomorrow is probably the last day if it even lasts until tomorrow. So yeah, i am almost free for a month! 8D

My period started on Monday.

It was just a dribble on Tuesday.

It's Wednesday today and there is no sign of it.

Usually it lasts 4 days.

This is rather odd.

+' timestamp='1288088254' post='3031645']October 26th, wait a minute...

Today's my period's second birthday ! It's two now ! Hehe. ^w^
Ah I just came into this topic to post the same thing!

October 26th was my period's second birthday too :)

And I was on it on the day too.

What a coincidence!

Mine still always comes very early... about every eighteen days (give or take), so it's pretty annoying. My period is about 2 1/4 years old! I got it just before I turned fourteen, so I was a little late. It's always been pretty regular; I guess I just have a short cycle.

I use tampons quite a bit, they don't hurt me at all, but sometimes I don't put it in perfectly straight and it leaks some. I hate that, gah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first one when I was nearly thirteen, but they've never been regular. Is it bad that I get periods every five to eight months? I'm confused by this.

^No they can stay irregular for the first few years. Like very irregular, like how you mentioned yours.

*sigh* I never ever keep any track of my period...it amazes me how people "try new things", "keep records of their cycles", "estimate their flow" and blah. I just hate having a period altogether. >_<

Just read the rest of this topic xD People post how much they love pads or hate tampons (and vice versa), they estimate their flow, when they'll get it, and constantly think of trying a new product. xD Like I said, just read the rest of this topic and you'll get what I mean xD

I never remember when I'm supposed to get mine or whatever. It's my mom who like, reminds me,that like, it could come soon(when its nearly time) and I get a stomachache like 2 hours before it xDD

*edit---no offence if you're one of those people xD im just saying i find it sort of shocking xDD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say my period is pretty normal, but I have a friend who pretty much never gets hers. She got it, like, 5 years ago, so 3 years before I ever did, so by now it should be normal, but she literally still goes months without having one. She's not super skinny either, so that's not the problem. She said that this month she finally got it again and it lasted only half a day. It seems really weird to me, and does anyone know why this might happen? (And why I'm not so lucky)

I'm glad it's over.

I got mine on camp, and it was torture watching people swimming for two and a half hours, whilst not being able to join D;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back