Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im such an idiot sorry...i dont know why i thought that :)
Don't worry about it! :huh: That is actually one of the most common misconceptions about tampons and periods!

Here are some other myths related to periods:

• You can lose a tampon inside you - Not true as there is nowhere for it to go!

• You shouldn't wash your hair during your period - Don't know where that one came from but if anything you want to be washing more because you will tend to produce more oils etc during menstruation

• Periods are dirty - How can that be when that is a part of normal healthy female reproductive system?

• Your period is a bag of blood that fills up and bursts each month - Totally rediculous! The blood is a nutrient lining in the uterus preparing for the fertilization of an egg for a baby. When that doesn't happen, the blood is shed and a new lining is built instead.

• You can't wear a tampon if you are a virgin - Technically a virgin is a person who hasn't had sex...not someone who's hymen has been stretched or torn by any means

• You can't get pregnany duriong a period - Yes you can! Unless that egg has already been discharged with the blood then it is still there for fertilization!

• Menstruation is bad blood - A myth that goes in line with the idea that menstruation is unclean

• Women can't be trusted in power because they become irrational during mentruation - Okay so PMS does exist but most women are perfectly capable of seperating their professional life from their private life.

• People can tell when you are menstruating - Unless you go around carrying a sign that says "GUESS WHAT! I'M BLEEDING!" there is no way that anyone will know that you are on your period.

• PMS is all in the mind - Definately not! PMS is a result of the hormonal changes that occur around the time of menstruation. We all know hormones change kids from thinking kissing is yuck to something not so bad :(

You cannot lose a tampon inside of you - there is nowhere for it to go!! The vagina is a hollow tube which is usually about 7 to 13cm or 3 to 5" long. At the end of the tube is your cervix which is the entry to the uterus. The hole there is smaller than a pin here making it impossible for a tampon to fit!
Usually, even if you have a long vagina you can reach the tampon itself or the string to pull it out. If for some reason you can't (which happens very, very rarely), squat down and push like you are trying to do a poo. Squating down forces the cervic down and hence will push the tampon down and when you bear down like doing a poo it helps move the tampon down. It should then be very easy to reach. :huh:

There is no reason to get all concerned about that happening though. The majority of women do not have such trouble.
[SIZE=14pt]i can not TELL U how many times ive heard people ask that :) [/SIZE]

but when i was younger i used to think it could get stuck inside of u

too! :(

But wow Bell Sprout! I cant believe how much u now! U even now the size of

the vagina! Thats amazing to me. Maybe u should become a midwife one day

(Thats what i want to be when i get older^.^)

yeah i never believed that it would get stuck inside of u anyway.well that was a lot of information that u posted about the whole procces.i have basically heard all about that stuff in the videos we have to watch in school.

Here are some other myths related to periods:

* You can lose a tampon inside you - Not true as there is nowhere for it to go!

* You shouldn't wash your hair during your period - Don't know where that one came from but if anything you want to be washing more because you will tend to produce more oils etc during menstruation

* Periods are dirty - How can that be when that is a part of normal healthy female reproductive system?

* Your period is a bag of blood that fills up and bursts each month - Totally rediculous! The blood is a nutrient lining in the uterus preparing for the fertilization of an egg for a baby. When that doesn't happen, the blood is shed and a new lining is built instead.

* You can't wear a tampon if you are a virgin - Technically a virgin is a person who hasn't had sex...not someone who's hymen has been stretched or torn by any means

* You can't get pregnany duriong a period - Yes you can! Unless that egg has already been discharged with the blood then it is still there for fertilization!

* Menstruation is bad blood - A myth that goes in line with the idea that menstruation is unclean

* Women can't be trusted in power because they become irrational during mentruation - Okay so PMS does exist but most women are perfectly capable of seperating their professional life from their private life.

* People can tell when you are menstruating - Unless you go around carrying a sign that says "GUESS WHAT! I'M BLEEDING!" there is no way that anyone will know that you are on your period.

* PMS is all in the mind - Definately not! PMS is a result of the hormonal changes that occur around the time of menstruation. We all know hormones change kids from thinking kissing is yuck to something not so bad wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
oh thats what u mean, well then u probably will have ur period soon

if u see a little blood everyday. :huh: well...be prepared(i know im not)

i wonder if when u have ur period u have a lot of blood and it hurts.

i havent had my period yet and i hope it wont hurt!

Yes, pretty cool avvie...but getting back on topic...I have not had my period but I do have a lot of discharge, but how many days-months-years can discharge come before your period?

Yes, pretty cool avvie...but getting back on topic...I have not had my period but I do have a lot of discharge, but how many days-months-years can discharge come before your period?
Discharge usually begins 6 to 18 months before your first period and will stop when you reach menopause.

I leak a little bit of blood probaly once everyday.
TG4E :(
Um...I don't mean to scare you, but isn't that a bit much, everyday? Cause if it is everyday, you might want to tell a doctor about that or something...

I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but still, I think you might want to tell someone about that, just in case. By someone I mean a doctor, or even BellSprout, who has shown her huge amount of knowledge in this topic, and whom might be able to help.

Once again, I don't mean to freak you out or anything. JUst trying to help. :)

Um...I don't mean to scare you, but isn't that a bit much, everyday? Cause if it is everyday, you might want to tell a doctor about that or something...I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but still, I think you might want to tell someone about that, just in case. By someone I mean a doctor, or even BellSprout, who has shown her huge amount of knowledge in this topic, and whom might be able to help.

Once again, I don't mean to freak you out or anything. JUst trying to help. :(
Yeah....But if you mean every once a week of the mont, than thats a different story. Your period is only supposed to come once a month, for a whole week. Usually, the cramps for me only last 2 days and then they fade off the 3rd day. But for some reason, last month I didnt get my period....Is that normal? -ZTF

I leak a little bit of blood probaly once everyday.
TG4E :)
Hmmm... that doesn't sound right to me. When you say everyday do you mean everyday of the year? How much are you leaking? Is it turning up in your underwear or just when you wipe? Is it after every time you go to the toilet or only when you pass urine or only when you defecate???

i wonder if when u have ur period u have a lot of blood and it hurts.
Generally speaking, the more you bleed the more likely you are to have cramps and bad ones. Cramps are just the uterus contracting in an effort to expel blood. If you are a very heavy bleeder then the chances are you are going to have strong cramps. General rule only, each person is different.

But for some reason, last month I didnt get my period....Is that normal? -ZTF
There are a couple of reasons why you miss a period:

1. You have just recently started having you period. If you've only recently started having periods then it is quite normal to skip one or two here and there until your body gets into the pattern.

2. The contraceptive pill. The pill effects women in different ways. Some women miss periods when on the pill even during the "bleed cycle" just because of the way their body reacts to the introduced hormones.

3. Coming off the contraceptive pill. When a women first comes of the pill it takes a while for the body's natural hormonal cycles to kick in to make regular periods by itself.

4. Pregnancy. If you are pregnant, your body keeps the blood to nourish the baby and does so for the entire prenancy.

5. Menopause. When a woman starts to approach menopause her periods can start to skip or become quite irregular as hormone production tapers off.

6. Eating disorders or increased strenuous physical activity. The body will more or less not bleed in order not to lose the nutrients that is in the blood so it can be used in the body instead. Some high level athletes barely menstruate at all!

7. Reproductive diseases. If the reproductive system is not functioning due to cysts or tumours etc. it may cause menstruation to skip out.

8. Excessive weight gain or loss.

9. Drug abuse

10. Emotional stress. This as well as no. 8 and no. 9 tend to mess your hormones around a bit so that your body can cope with what is happening at the time.

Have a think about what has been happening in your life lately and it will give you a pretty good idea as to why you might have skipped. If you are a recent starter then it will just be a period of adjustment but other wise I dare say it may be due to stress or physical activity!

I get discharge - sometimes. Not every day. Not a lot acually. I don't think I need pantyliners. Once I get regular discharge I think my mom might not think I NEED pantyliners. When I kinda do, I don't want to tell my mom. Every time she talks about sex and periods and puberty stuff - especially sex, I get uncofertable so I don't want to tell my mom when discharge starts staining my underwere. Oh and why do I not have regular discharge? Some days I have it - some days I don't. It's weird! Whats that about? Please help!

I get discharge - sometimes. Not every day. Not a lot acually. I don't think I need pantyliners. Once I get regular discharge I think my mom might not think I NEED pantyliners. When I kinda do, I don't want to tell my mom. Every time she talks about sex and periods and puberty stuff - especially sex, I get uncofertable so I don't want to tell my mom when discharge starts staining my underwere. Oh and why do I not have regular discharge? Some days I have it - some days I don't. It's weird! Whats that about? Please help!
[SIZE=14pt]well if it stains ur undies, then u should ware a pad even if its not for ur period.[/SIZE]

And its perfectly normal to have dischage some days and not have any the other.

But unlucky for me i get it EVER day...And i get a LOT of it...DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Even though i dont have my period very often i wear a pad.

andif u are uncomfortble, about telling ur mom, u can always give her

a note, or just suck it up and tell her. Dont worry u can tell her, and u really

should!

[SIZE=14pt]well if it stains ur undies, then u should ware a pad even if its not for ur period.[/SIZE]And its perfectly normal to have dischage some days and not have any the other.

But unlucky for me i get it EVER day...And i get a LOT of it...DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Even though i dont have my period very often i wear a pad.

andif u are uncomfortble, about telling ur mom, u can always give her

a note, or just suck it up and tell her. Dont worry u can tell her, and u really

should!
thanks for the help. I might wear a pantyliner or something when it happens more often.

Discharge is not meant to be constant. It actually changes depending upon what stage of the menstrual cycle you are in. If you haven't had your first period then naturally it is going to be a bit all over the place. It can depend on the amount of physical activity you do and emotional stress as well. Each person is different. :)

Talking to parents can be difficult. The fact is that you will need to learn to communicate and put aside those uncomfortable feelings as your Mum is going to be the best source of info as far as the when your first period will be and what to expect. Your Mum is a great way to get access to liners and pads and tampons later on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back