god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also unless you've personally been to hell, you don't know it's real.
So because I've never been to Mars it's not real?

I've seen Mars in pictures/representations, I can find it using tools looking up into the night sky and I can reason logically there is such a place based on a, b and c.

I mean, with that logic 99% of the whole world does not exist to me.

I've seen Mars in pictures/representations, I can find it using tools looking up into the night sky and I can reason logically there is such a place based on a, b and c.

Wow. That was put... well.

But yeah, seeing OR VISITING SUCH A PLACE isn't always believing. It IS pretty true that we don't really KNOW for SURE that there is such a place as Hell, but we Christians/Catholics/ ect. read the Bible ((Well, most of us. Not including me ;])) and TRUST what it says. And according to the Bible, God never sins, so he never tells lies. And if he tells us Hell is a real place, we believe it, because we believe in God and we trust him.

And about the dinosaurs... does that mean being a Christian I shouldn't believe in dinosaurs? Because I do. It's kind obvious that they're real... or WERE...

Logical thinking is a good thing. Trust me.
I don't exactly agree with you.

May I please ask, if you are going to use logical thinking, could you please explain how did we people come to be? Aside from Adam and Eve, if you suggest we use logical thinking.

I don't exactly agree with you.
May I please ask, if you are going to use logical thinking, could you please explain how did we people come to be? Aside from Adam and Eve, if you suggest we use logical thinking.
The logical thought process explaining how people (and other creatures) came to be was originally proposed by Charles Darwin - it's called the theory of evolution.

Please, don't dismiss the theory because you personally don't understand the theory in full and cannot see "how we could evolve from monkeys" - that is over-simplifying (and misleading)...

God (and in a place called Heaven and Hell) are beliefs - based on a person's faith.

It is not necessary to argue or flame someone if they believe - neither is it necessary to do the same if they do not believe. There's no right or wrong here - just faith and belief - or lack of it.

Of course no one knows if Heaven or Hell exist - but that's OK, because many people don't need proof, they simply believe - they have their faith - and it is enough for them.

We know Dinosaurs existed and we have fossil evidence concerning various evolutionary stages - scientific proof if you like.

But this topic is about God - do you believe?

There's no need to argue about whether there's proof he exists or not. He exists in many people's hearts and minds.

A belief in God does not make us better than those who do not believe... the reverse is also true... :huh:

I think she means if no one saw it its not real.

well i believe in darwinism so ya its cool and it makes more sense to me then the bible(no offense to anyone)

There is proof that Mars exists, but not hell.

There is proof that the world exists.

There is no proof that god exists.

There is no proof hell/heaven exists.

Only a story book is proof. Yet science has proved that Mars exists and the world exists.

There is proof that Mars exists, but not hell.There is proof that the world exists.

There is no proof that god exists.

There is no proof hell/heaven exists.

Only a story book is proof. Yet science has proved that Mars exists and the world exists.
How do I come to conclusion I have?

1. I believe there is a higher power based on my knowledge of science and the world around me and evolution doesn't cut it.

2. Since I believe there is a higher power, I have to find which one. I have found Christianity for a number of reasons I could write a large book with. And people have and will continue to do so.

No, we can't stick a pole up in the sky and say "yes, I do believe from this experiment the God of the Bible exists"- but neither can you do that with other religions nor evolution. BUT you can use process of elimination based on facts. And my conclusion IS that I believe in the God of David and Jesus based on personal experience and what I have learned in science relating to I.D. as well as evolution, the history or the Bible, how it was written- how it was not written, where things don't click among other creationist religions, other proofs that show the Bible is credible, etc.

Just because it's science doesn't mean it has to have opposing views of religion. These two spheres do intersect at some points and together can help explain the world around us. It'd be ignorance to say other wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I come to conclusion I have?
1. I believe there is a higher power based on my knowledge of science and the world around me and evolution doesn't cut it.

2. Since I believe there is a higher power, I have to find which one. I have found Christianity for a number of reasons I could write a large book with. And people have and will continue to do so.

No, we can't stick a pole up in the sky and say "yes, I do believe from this experiment the God of the Bible exists"- but neither can you do that with other religions nor evolution. BUT you can use process of elimination based on facts. And my conclusion IS that I believe in the God of David and Jesus based on personal experience and what I have learned in science relating to I.D. as well as evolution, the history or the Bible, how it was written- how it was not written, where things don't click among other creationist religions, other proofs that show the Bible is credible, etc.

Just because it's science doesn't mean it has to have opposing views of religion. These two spheres do intersect at some points and together can help explain the world around us. It'd be ignorance to say other wise.
Sorry ToiletpaperTamaw/Pants. XD

I understand where your coming from, but that post seemed arguable. I don't mind people who have a religion at all, unless your like my Aunt Bonie. (YOU NEED TO BE SAVED!!111 YOU SHALL GO TO HELLZ WITH ETERNAL FIREZ AND BURNINGZ!!!11SHIFT EVIL CHILD!!!)

The logical thought process explaining how people (and other creatures) came to be was originally proposed by Charles Darwin - it's called the theory of evolution.
Please, don't dismiss the theory because you personally don't understand the theory in full and cannot see "how we could evolve from monkeys" - that is over-simplifying (and misleading)...

God (and in a place called Heaven and Hell) are beliefs - based on a person's faith.

It is not necessary to argue or flame someone if they believe - neither is it necessary to do the same if they do not believe. There's no right or wrong here - just faith and belief - or lack of it.

Of course no one knows if Heaven or Hell exist - but that's OK, because many people don't need proof, they simply believe - they have their faith - and it is enough for them.

We know Dinosaurs existed and we have fossil evidence concerning various evolutionary stages - scientific proof if you like.

But this topic is about God - do you believe?

There's no need to argue about whether there's proof he exists or not. He exists in many people's hearts and minds.

A belief in God does not make us better than those who do not believe... the reverse is also true... :furawatchi:
Right with the reasoning! :angry:

I think debating the issue is a good thing to do. However, it was my fault I went off topic. Sorry about that.

Here, lets restart.

I don't believe in God, because I never saw him. Once I see him, I will believe. But, when I think of how everything was created, I think of God.

Now, the bolded point I don't know if I agree with. I have heard of such things but I'm totally skeptical.
First off, there is a passage in the Bible where a man ends up choosing against God and finds himself in hell. He sees someone else [One of the more known people from the Bible like Moses or something] and ask them to let him go to at least tell his family. I can't recall the verse but it's something like that and he isn't sent back and his family wasn't warned like he wanted to warn them himself. Anyway, my issue is that God gives us all the chances in a life time but

"Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment"

Based on the knowledge I have I can't see exactly how that would be. I'm not totally ruling out the idea [i actually the 22 Minutes in Hell book but have yet to finish it] because I have not research the whole topic myself but the conclusion I have come to at the moment is skeptical.
well there is a lot of different Bibles but only one is the right one

well there is a lot of different Bibles but only one is the right one
I'd like to know what you mean by that aswell. What do you mean there's only "one right one"? Are you Catholic?

I'd like to know what you mean by that aswell. What do you mean there's only "one right one"? Are you Catholic?
No I'm NOT catholic I'm Christian and sorry i didn't put what i ment in a very good way let me explain first of all there are catholic bibles and many other bibles and those bibles have had things changed to them and there is a bible like the one i own that hasn't had anything changed to it there is newer versions of that same bible made easier to understand and have NOT had any words changed on it or storys just made easier to understand like i said.....i hpoe that this time i expressed my self a little better

No I'm NOT catholic I'm Christian and sorry i didn't put what i ment in a very good way let me explain first of all there are catholic bibles and many other bibles and those bibles have had things changed to them and there is a bible like the one i own that hasn't had anything changed to it there is newer versions of that same bible made easier to understand and have NOT had any words changed on it or storys just made easier to understand like i said.....i hpoe that this time i expressed my self a little better
Catholics considered Christians. Just different denominations. There's Catholic and protestant but it's all considered Christianity.

Either way, I still don't under stand what you mean. The original Bibles were not written in English- the were in Hebrew and other such languages. Unless you read Hebrew, they had to change some of the words for translational purposes.

What version is it? Like, NIV, NLT, King James, The Message, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe in God. I also believe in an after life. I have been a Catholic all my life, and though I have sometimes doubted my faith, I continue to believe in the existence of God. I don't agree with the things some very religious people say, though, like when they say that other's must "accept Jesus" and try to convert other people. Things like that just strike me as being ignorant of other cultures and ways of life.

Also, today I was playing a video game. I was skulking through the woods, trying to sneak my way past enemy defenses by sniping the guards. I was running low on ammo, though, and thought "Man! I could sure use some more rounds...God, if you're there, please let this guy drop some sniper ammo." So I shake down the soldier for loot, and lo and behold, I get some sweet, sweet Mosin Nagant ammo! God really is watching over me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back