god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe in adam and eve? I dont, really, at all. The first people where black, and they evolved from apes.
That would be YOUR theory. Do you know where you learned this? I'd like to research it, and I'd also like to see what proof you can come up with.

Catholics considered Christians. Just different denominations. There's Catholic and protestant but it's all considered Christianity.
Either way, I still don't under stand what you mean. The original Bibles were not written in English- the were in Hebrew and other such languages. Unless you read Hebrew, they had to change some of the words for translational purposes.

What version is it? Like, NIV, NLT, King James, The Message, etc.
ok first of all catholics and christians ARE different because catholics believe in multi-gods not just in God which is wrong i'm not trying to offend any catholics at all........second of all NIV is the Holy Bible just made easier to understand like i said and yeah what i meant by 'haven't had any words changed' was that of course they had to be translated but they didn't change the stories or any other text in the bible i guess we could call it unlike any other bibles.....

I do believe in God. I also believe in an after life. I have been a Catholic all my life, and though I have sometimes doubted my faith, I continue to believe in the existence of God. I don't agree with the things some very religious people say, though, like when they say that other's must "accept Jesus" and try to convert other people. Things like that just strike me as being ignorant of other cultures and ways of life.
Also, today I was playing a video game. I was skulking through the woods, trying to sneak my way past enemy defenses by sniping the guards. I was running low on ammo, though, and thought "Man! I could sure use some more rounds...God, if you're there, please let this guy drop some sniper ammo." So I shake down the soldier for loot, and lo and behold, I get some sweet, sweet Mosin Nagant ammo! God really is watching over me!
well yeah God did that because he does LITTLE things like THAT because he wants to show people he is real sometimes he does BIG things to show he IS real......

Ok i'm going to reply to the TOPIC even though i think i already did:

Yes i believe in God and in the after life(heaven and hell). I'm A Proud Christian. I respect everybodies beliefs and i would like for people to respect mine.

ok first of all catholics and christians ARE different because catholics believe in multi-gods not just in God which is wrong i'm not trying to offend any catholics at all........second of all NIV is the Holy Bible just made easier to understand like i said and yeah what i meant by 'haven't had any words changed' was that of course they had to be translated but they didn't change the stories or any other text in the bible i guess we could call it unlike any other bibles.....
Your very wrong.

Cathlics don't belive in Multi Gods Those are the Romans.

Cathlic is pretty much the same thing as Christan.

Your very wrong.Cathlics don't belive in Multi Gods Those are the Romans.

Cathlic is pretty much the same thing as Christan.
he's right.

catholic is just another section thingy of christianity (dunno the term for it)

like protestant or lutherism.

it's all christianity- just minor changes. it's all monotheistic, and all worship god and beleive in jesus..

basically the same

he's right.

catholic is just another section thingy of christianity (dunno the term for it)

like protestant or lutherism.

it's all christianity- just minor changes. it's all monotheistic, and all worship god and beleive in jesus..

basically the same
yeah it's almost the same but catholics believe in 'saint this' and 'saint that' and 'the god of this' and 'the god of that'....which is different because christians don't

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be YOUR theory. Do you know where you learned this? I'd like to research it, and I'd also like to see what proof you can come up with.
I got this huge evolution encyclopedia(however you spell it) at my place. Jst cuz the bible says Adam and Eve existed, it doesnt mean its true...its fiction. Seriosuly. And I dont want a million people arguing to me about this... ;)

FACT: Some people believe in god - it is called faith

FACT: Some people don't believe in god - it is called atheism

FACT: Some people cannot express an opinion without flaming or bickering and without trying to make it sound like they are right and everyone else is wrong.. :lol:

FOR THE RECORD:

Christians believe in and worship Jesus Christ as the son of God.

There are many different denominations of Christianity - Protestants, Catholics, Baptists, etc. (I'm sorry but I am not going to try to list them all here...)

Ultimately they share the same belief - in Christ as their saviour.

It is misleading to suggest that (for example) Catholics are somehow different to Christians.... because Catholics ARE Christians - they are just a different denomination of Christianity.

I hope this helps explain the mistake and that we can now avoid the repeated references to Catholics vs Christians :mimitchi:

I don't really think I believe in god. I mean, tell me this, which sounds more reasonable?

1. A person up in the clouds created earth in 7 days

2. Earth was created by the Big Bang theory and the animals evolve and humans were evolved from these weird looking hairy creatures that looked like monkeys that was upright.

Why do you think we are so similar to monkeys, apes, and other primates? Because we evolved from ape-like animals.

Thats pretty much what I'm starting to believe.

I got this huge evolution encyclopedia(however you spell it) at my place. Jst cuz the bible says Adam and Eve existed, it doesnt mean its true...its fiction. Seriosuly. And I dont want a million people arguing to me about this... :mimitchi:
I agree with you.

Just because the bible says it doesn't mean it's true. In my opinion, people are really dumb to believe what is written in a very old book. You don't know if it's true because you don't know who wrote it.

I got this huge evolution encyclopedia(however you spell it) at my place. Jst cuz the bible says Adam and Eve existed, it doesnt mean its true...its fiction. Seriosuly. And I dont want a million people arguing to me about this... :mimitchi:
you can't be sure it's fiction

I agree with you.
Just because the bible says it doesn't mean it's true. In my opinion, people are really dumb to believe what is written in a very old book. You don't know if it's true because you don't know who wrote it.
you know you should really think before you speak ok because you can't just go around calling people dumb because they believe in God!!!!!!!! and yes we know who wrote it!!!!!!!!!!!

you know you should really think before you speak ok because you can't just go around calling people dumb because they believe in God!!!!!!!! and yes we know who wrote it!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not saying they're dumb because they believe in God.

All I'm saying is people are dumb is they believe every word of the bible.

So you know who wrote it? Then go ask that person if all these bible stories are true? Oh wait you can't because that guy is dead and died hundreds of years ago.

If I can't be sure it's fiction then you can't be so sure that it's true.

Just because it's in the bible does NOT mean it's true.

Actually Catholics believe in the same God as Christians. Only Catholics believe in confessing their sins to a priest instead of praying at home, and they also do communions.

Recently I converted to Atheism.

To all God believers:

If he loves us so much, why did he kill so much in the bible? When Satan killed so little.

And why did he flood the earth because he was dissapointed with his work? I thought he loved us, doesn't that mean he could possibly flood Earth again if we get to outta hand?

To all God believers:

If he loves us so much, why did he kill so much in the bible? When Satan killed so little.

And why did he flood the earth because he was dissapointed with his work? I thought he loved us, doesn't that mean he could possibly flood Earth again if we get to outta hand?
I also agree with meowbark. I never thought of that.

God killed so many more people than Satan. So God doesn't love us. And don't try to pull that "he did it because he loves us". Thats like saying I should go kill my parents because I love them. If he loves us, he wouldn't want to kill us and make us suffer until we die.

I also agree with meowbark. I never thought of that.
God killed so many more people than Satan. So God doesn't love us. And don't try to pull that "he did it because he loves us". Thats like saying I should go kill my parents because I love them. If he loves us, he wouldn't want to kill us and make us suffer until we die.
Oh, and why does he say Murder is a crime? When he himself has killed so many.

Along with rage or fury. It is a sin.

Just saying.

To all God believers:

He promised he never would do that again(the flooding the earth thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back