Have you ever had a broken bone(s)?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishqueen

Reaction score
Here is my story. This was like the worst part of my life!

My Aunt was having a get-together, and the kids played in the basment. And my cousins had a punching bag, (the HUGE kind) and I thought I would show off for the kids, so I jumped up with both feet, (Bad idea) and was going to land on my feet, but I slipped and landed on my arm, and broke two bones!!! >.< And I was like " Well that didn't work." and then the pain came, and I ran upstairs to my mom, by this time is was almost crying, and said "Moooom!" really weakly and then started crying a little, and I ran to the bathroom with mom. Then I was bawling for like 1/2 hour. And I said, "Moooom, I...I...I think I broke my arm." and she was like, "You didn't brake your arm, you probaly just jammed it." And then we went to the doctor (because I couldn't move it) and he said I broke two bones!!! That was a while ago, I am fine now!!!

I actually never broke a bone. But I have hurt myself bad before. There was lots of times...

Well...

I was running on the sidewalk and I tripped over my own feet. >.> I tried to stop myself with one arm (VERY BAD IDEA) and it started tingling and I scraped both of my knees. My parents took me to the hospital and they took an xray. Then they put a temporary cast on me (Which smelled like rotten eggs after a few days! >.<) because the place where I was going to get my real cast wouldn't open until Monday, and it was Friday. <.< I got it, and it healed really good, and I became ambidextrous.

Never. I sprained my middle finger though, by teaching a kindergartener cotton eyed joe though >.>

I was wearing timberland boots, and when i went to touch my shoe... i slammed my finger into the boot, and thus it was sprained

I've broken my index and middle fingers on both hands.

On my left hand, I caught them in a window, on my right hand my friend and I were playing air hockey and he slammed the puck into my fingers just a little too hard.

I broke my left foot when I was jumping and twisted my foot a little to the side and then landed on it like that. o_O

I broke my left middle finger...twice. First time from a soccerball, second time from a basketball.

Yes.

I broke my elbow when I was 9. I was skateboarding, well not really, I was barely rolling. Lost my balance and I fell off and tried to stop my fall with my right arm. Really stupid idea.

The really annoying thing about this, was that I was at a park about 45 minutes from home, so I was crying all the way home. Dad was of course reassuring me that it wasn't broken. But he couldn't feel the pain I was in.

When we got home I told my mum (who is a nurse) about it. Dad was saying how it didn't look broken, and we shouldn't bother taking me to the hospital. My mum insisted, and I found out I broke my elbow.

Since I couldn't move my arm further than 115 degrees, the cast couldn't be put on 90 degrees. It would've hurt too much, and possibly cause further damage to my elbow.

When I got home, everyone was shocked I broke it.

I had the cast on for about 2 weeks then I had a foam sling to wear for about another 3. So, it wasn't that badly broken.

The worst part of this, was that it was the day before my birthday (the attention for both occasions! Argh!), and it was also black Friday.

i ALMOST broke my finger with a basket ball

and i got hit in the nose with a volly ball and got a real bad nose bleed

Oh. I don't know if this is specifically meaning broken our own bones, but I broke my friend's elbow when I was 6ish XD

We were on my trampoline and she was trying to get off. I threw a ball at her not realizing she was getting off and she fell and twisted her arm between the springs.

No. I'm glad. But I really hurt myself before. And my friend hurt me really bad too...

I broke my nose. ^_^

In a car accident. I had to get surgery and I hated it.

Yes before I fractured my left arm in two places. I fell on my school's track. Which was really just a bus loop next to the pavilion so it is concrete. When I fell it hurt so badly.

I broke my left ring finger. I broke it by going on the slip and slide and falling on my finger. I heard a tiny snap and it hurt so bad.

At the beginning of the school year the bell rang so I was running to my line. You know like when you stumble forward for no reason? Well thats what happened to me. I scraped my middle finger on my left hand all the way down the side. I was crying so hard and it was bleeding bad. Luckily, my friend was right beside me and she helped me to the office. It was really wierd thought because when I was walking down the hall everyone was staring at me. They put gauze around it and a bunch of band-aids. In class I put the finger between my knees to help get rid of the pain. I was still crying in class a bit but when we watched a science video it got better. It took like a month for it to heal and my dad had to go buy a bunch of band-aids because we had to put more on every night. The gauze got stuck in the cut and it really hurt when my dad try to take it out. When I no longer needed band-aids it was still scraped but it didn't bleed and my friends thought it was really gross but it got better.

On Friday when I was at the beach in Mexico (On vacation) my dad got his foot between two rocks and then a wave came and twisted him around and he got a small cut on his foot. He said it was painful at first but it got better.

Yup. 3 times. All in the same summer. At the same camp.

My big toe-- so I have sailing lessons, and my foot was between a boat and the dock. So I was rigging the boat, and people were like "Watch out!" And I was like "What do you mean? Watch out for wh--" and then the boat jammed my big toe into the dock. I jumped backward onto my back, and I screamed profanities into the air. The consulers didn't say anything or stop me, because they all knew that I was in huge pain.

My arm--so I'm in the highest level of swimming in my camp. So they work us hard, and when that happens, I usually go wicked fast. So when I usually did the back crawl, the lifegaurd would cathc my head to tell me to stop. But the lifegaurd wasn't paying attention, so he didn't catch my head. So I jammed my arm into the wall, and my swimming instructor says "Oh my God! Are you okay?" And I had never broken my arm before, so I said, stupidly, "Yeah, I'm fine! My arm is just going numb." So my consuler drove me to the hospital. I got a green cast. :)

My tailbone--Again, another sailing experience. So we have a tube, and a speed boat. It was my turn to go on the tube, and the person driving the boat would try and get you off the tube. So I'm the hardest one at my camp to get off the tube. Well the driver hit a wave, and I flew five feet into the air, and landed smack on my tailbone. It split into three peices.

I looked like I had gotten beaten up after that summer! Lol :)

~Alimania

I never had any broken bones, and I don't want to. I have hurt myself badly. VERY badly.

yeah...when I was eight, I tripped over my own feet and bent my hand at a very unnatural angle. I broke two fingers and pretty much sprained the rest of them.

i have never broken a bone or had surgery. I'm one of the lucky ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back