head lice -.-

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

have you ever had lice?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • once

• twice

• 3 times

• 4 times

• 5 + times

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaw/pants

Reaction score
well today i found out i have lice. fun fun -.-

now i feel bad cuz i ruined the day for my whole family. me my mom and my brother were going to go to this fun thing at my dads work, but not anymore. i cant go to my friends party, and even worse, my brothers party has to be canceled!

how do i get rid of them!

Wash your hair real strong every day. Like i mean, rub your scalp, everything! And while your showing use a lice comb and comb through your hair with the water running through it. The comb will loosen the lice and the rushing water will pull 'em out.

u know wat i wanna know?hyow do they survive when u take a shower?but i never had them before,well try wat rachelgotchi said i don't know how to get rid of them........srry

Wash your hair real strong every day. Like i mean, rub your scalp, everything! And while your showing use a lice comb and comb through your hair with the water running through it. The comb will loosen the lice and the rushing water will pull 'em out.
thanx.

my mom went to the store to get some shampoo or sumtin.

I had it once. it sucked. at least I got to stay home from school... :unsure:
that's good^.^but i still wouldn't like to stay home from school after a while staying in the same place all day......

I had it once. it sucked. at least I got to stay home from school... :unsure:
if i was in elementary school i wouldnt mind at all- i would actualy like it.

but i miss so much stuffz now that i hate to miss school. they better be gone gone by monday!

I got in in Kindergarten and didnt notice, and not soon after that the whole class was leaving school with little buggies crawling in their hairs!! :unsure: I felt so bad! Imagine having crabs, or body lice!!! YUCKY!! I hope urs goes away soon. Just use the special shampoo and little black comb the doctor gives you.

Use special knit shampoo & a knit comb. I had them once in year 3. Everyone in my class had them! :hitodetchi: My friend has em' at the moment.

When I got them we went to my local pharmacy and bought this thing to get rid of them right when I used it. It had a little metal comb and I had to lay my head over the sink and let my mom and my friend's mom do the rest.

My brother and sister got it a few months ago (it's gone now) and they had to use a special shampoo and a special comb. They also had to sit for a very long time while my mom or dad went through their hair and picked out all the eggs. I was lucky I didn't get them!

thanx to all of you.

how long do they usually take to go away after washing?

and what could i do to mabey try to make up to my bro bout mess'n up his party?

hez not mad or anything, but i feel bad about it.

thanx to all of you.how long do they usually take to go away after washing?

and what could i do to mabey try to make up to my bro bout mess'n up his party?

hez not mad or anything, but i feel bad about it.
The day I figured out I had them was the day I got rid of them. ANyways a special tip... You have to soak like brushes or anything that has touched your hair or was in the same drawer with something that touched your hair mmust be soaked in something but I forgot what it was...

Nope. I wash my hair at least once to twice a week with really good shampoo and conditioner.

CuteDancingBailey- It's sort of some thing that's like a gel and it disinfects the germsor something, I forget what it's called, too. :hitodetchi:

I had lice when I was 12 x.x It sucks heh.

Get some lice shampoo and a lice comb. I don't know if conditioner would be an idea too, but you might try that as well.

Wash everything you have on your bed or anything you've worn within the last week or so. Don't wanna get them again *nods*

You have to put all your stuffed animals in a plastic bag or else the lice will go on the and you'll never get rid of your lice. But no I never had them. But my sister did.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - for the record - I have had much experience of head lice - I live in a big city and they are very common in schools around here....

You catch lice because they can crawl from one hair to another very quickly - so can be transfered in class (for instance) when heads are close together - touching. They CANNOT jump like fleas - so you caught it from someone's head you touched.

The lice need the warmth of the head/scalp to survive - so if they are in your brush or on your pillow or on your soft toys they will die very quickly - they simply cannot survive without the warmth of your body.

You can wash your hairbrush or pillow case, etc. - but it is not absolutely necessary :marumimitchi:

You need a nit comb - fine tooth comb. You can buy special shampoos from the drug store or pharmacy that kill lice - or you can try a more "natural" remedy.

I have used this one successfully many, many times:

Take a saucer of Olive Oil and add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil (natural anti bacterial agent).

Mix together and massage it all thru the hair and scalp. Wrap your hair in a towel for 10 mins. This gives the tea tree oil time to kill any live head lice in your hair.

Wash your hair with shampoo (normal hair shampoo).

Add conditioner - lots of it... great glooping blobs of it so your hair is totally covered and slimy with it !!!

Then take the nit comb and carefully and methodically comb through all the sections of your hair - this is where older sisters and parents are useful!!! Pay special attention to the nape of the neck and behind the ears - this is the favorite place to lay eggs for lice :chohimetchi:

Each sweep of the comb, wipe away the conditioner and any black specks (dead lice) from the comb. Keep working methodically thru the hair until you can't see anymore specks. It is tedious - but it works.

Rinse and towel dry your hair. Do not use a hair dryer (the lice need heat to survive and hatch their eggs - so don't give it to them!!)

Let your hair dry naturally.

You have now killed all the adult lice and are left with eggs in your hair. The trick is to break the cycle and kill any new lice that hatch from the eggs left in your hair.

You need to do this "shampoo, condition and comb" every 3 days for about 10 - 14 days to make sure you are totally rid of them.

I promise it works - if you follow the regime. You need to do it every 3 days so that any eggs that hatch don't get enough time to grow into adult lice and lay more eggs.... see?

In between times - if your hair is long enough - wear it up - so more air (coldness) circulates around your neck and ears - keep it cold for those little nits!!!

Sorry it is a long post - but I have been there and done that so many times I have lost count.... lol

If it makes you feel any better - it has been proven that head lice prefer clean hair - so you must have clean hair!!!

If you keep your hair up and stay out of the way, there is no reason why your brother can't have his party.... you just need to make sure you don't play with the kids.

Perhaps this would be a good time to check out cool bandanas in the mall?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, this is somre really good advice!

yeah, my mom did come in handy! lolz!

Jamie___Rox i wash my heair everday-it doesnt matter if your a dirty person or a clean freak, either way you can get'm.

so far i think i killed 'em off. i used a shampoo or something and my mom has gone thru my hair 3 times. the last time she went thru she only found 2 dead ones.

MY STATUS

*lice picked off- at least 30+

*times taken a shower today- 2 times

*times shampooed- 4 times

*times combed thru and looked thru- 4 times

*approx. amount of time lice were in my head w/o me noticing- 10+ days

*when they started to bite- 2 days ago

*things i have recked cuz i have lice- me and bro and mom going to this thing @ my dads work; my bro cant have his b-day tomarrow

*mood- boredessness

*interesting fact i learn- lice can be submerged in oil for an hour and still live!

yeah, today hasnt been that fun as you can tell XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back