head lice -.-

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

have you ever had lice?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • once

• twice

• 3 times

• 4 times

• 5 + times

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready but the awful but true story of lice... :

Well, I was unfortunate enough to get them over the Summer, so I have found out some things about them (I also have a big book on lice).

There is only one real method to get rid of them (or the one I know...)

1. Using some anti-pediculicide shampoo (AKA expensive louse shampoo), rub it in your hair (follow the instructions). Make sure you don't get it in your eyes, it is painful, since it contains many toxic substances, to kill the lice (paraffin etc). Just a note - normal shampoo cannot prevent nor get rid of lice, because they are neutral shampoos, and lice can hold their breaths for up to one hour straight, and can hold onto the hair shafts tightly (so they don't drown in the shower).
  2. After putting on the louse shampoo, it is good to leave it on your hair for a while, so it gets rid of the lice. Then wash it off.
  3. Afterwards, it is a good idea to prune your hair with one of these special nit comb brushes which will brush out any dead or half dead individuals. Depending on how much hair you have, you may have to use more shampoo later or not (that was my case >.<), and make sure they have all been gotten rid of completely. Lice are big human-pests

Get ready but the awful but true story of lice... :
Well, I was unfortunate enough to get them over the Summer, so I have found out some things about them (I also have a big book on lice).

There is only one real method to get rid of them (or the one I know...)

1. Using some anti-pediculicide shampoo (AKA expensive louse shampoo), rub it in your hair (follow the instructions). Make sure you don't get it in your eyes, it is painful, since it contains many toxic substances, to kill the lice (paraffin etc). Just a note - normal shampoo cannot prevent nor get rid of lice, because they are neutral shampoos, and lice can hold their breaths for up to one hour straight, and can hold onto the hair shafts tightly (so they don't drown in the shower).
  2. After putting on the louse shampoo, it is good to leave it on your hair for a while, so it gets rid of the lice. Then wash it off.
  3. Afterwards, it is a good idea to prune your hair with one of these special nit comb brushes which will brush out any dead or half dead individuals. Depending on how much hair you have, you may have to use more shampoo later or not (that was my case >.<), and make sure they have all been gotten rid of completely. Lice are big human-pests
yeah, i've done that but i donno if they're really gone gone. thats the big problem

WAIT!!!!!! DO NOT BUY THE SPECIAL SHAMPOOS!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had lice twice, when i was little! I've tried the shampoos and everything! It stung my scalp and it didn't work! Here is the best way to get rid of lice:

1. wash your hair.

2. pour a bunch of oil on your hair.

3. rinse

4. put more oil on your hair, then put a plastic bag on your head. Leave it for maybe a day or so. (i forget)

5. rinse out the oil.

6. take special comb (wash it first) then pick out the lice that you can actually pick out.

7. wash your hair again

8. put more oil on your hair

9. put another plastic bag on your head (different one of course)

10. and just repeat the process until they're gone!

(I think that's how you do it. I forget some of it lol)

And I also had to put my stuffed animals in a plastic bag and i had to get rid of them :( oh well. Hope it goes away soon!

WAIT!!!!!! DO NOT BUY THE SPECIAL SHAMPOOS!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had lice twice, when i was little! I've tried the shampoos and everything! It stung my scalp and it didn't work! Here is the best way to get rid of lice: 

1. wash your hair.

2. pour a bunch of oil on your hair.

3. rinse

4. put more oil on your hair, then put a plastic bag on your head. Leave it for maybe a day or so. (i forget)

5. rinse out the oil.

6. take special comb (wash it first) then pick out the lice that you can actually pick out.

7. wash your hair again

8. put more oil on your hair

9. put another plastic bag on your head (different one of course)

10. and just repeat the process until they're gone!

(I think that's how you do it. I forget some of it lol)

And I also had to put my stuffed animals in a plastic bag and i had to get rid of them :( oh well. Hope it goes away soon!
Uh the shampoo's work for some people. They worked for me!

i have never had it, but i know one thing:

*be sure to brush them out, expecialy the nits because thoses are eggs and if you don't they will hatch and you will have more

*and sleep in a cool room. they need warmth

hope i helped!

and advice for anyone that thinks they may get lice:

*begin combing your hair with any brush so that if you do get them it will be easy to get the fine tooth comb through it and to get rid of them :(

and advice for anyone that thinks they may get lice:
*begin combing your hair with any brush so that if you do get them it will be easy to get the fine tooth comb through it and to get rid of them <_<
actualy nits arent the eggz.

nits are whats left after the babies are gone- just an empty egg sack

i went to my friends party and havent itced except for normal itching. i think mabey my mind is playing trix on me to 0.0

i might have to do they oil thing but i dont want to all greasy and never comes out x.x

Psst....I have them. I've had them a lot. Either use nit shampoo(It works for me) or use a nit comb and then squash the ones that come out with your thumbs(It also works for me).

well today i found out i have lice. fun fun -.-now i feel bad cuz i ruined the day for my whole family. me my mom and my brother were going to go to this fun thing at my dads work, but not anymore. i cant go to my friends party, and even worse, my brothers party has to be canceled!

how do i get rid of them!
wow, Im kinda gald I never had lice, try the mustard thing it may work

wow, Im kinda gald I never had lice, try the mustard thing it may work
that would be so gross >.<

ah well, i think they're gone- yes! killed 'em all! *laufz maniacly!*

yeah, u should be glad! <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
i've never had them and i don't wanna have them,but my cousin has,she doesn't have them anymore, her mom would put some stuff in her hair and it was stinky

mine doesnt stink

i hope word doesnt get out cuz everyone would be like "ZOMG! *INSERT MY NAME HERE!* HAZ LICE!!!!! ZOMG! STAY AWAY YOU POSESOR!*

yeah, i dont want that! i dont even have them anymore

that would be so gross >.<ah well, i think they're gone- yes! killed 'em all! *laufz maniacly!*

yeah, u should be glad! <_<
Congrats! :]

Wash your hair real strong every day. Like i mean, rub your scalp, everything! And while your showing use a lice comb and comb through your hair with the water running through it. The comb will loosen the lice and the rushing water will pull 'em out.
Actually, lice love clean hair. They don't go for filthy hair... makes it harder for them to move around.

Get a lice shampoo and lice comb. That's what I did all 3 times I had lice. Oh yeah, and lice mousse.

I don't want word to get out about me. It would be like "*insert my name* has lice! Stay away, *insert my name*!" all over school if word got out.

I've had lice about 6 times, 2 times in Kindergarden, once in grade 1, once in grade 2 and once in grade 4.

What we did to get rid of them was im pretty sure was tee tree oil, it smells funny... And I have'nt gotten lice lately because lice like clean hair so wash it every 2 days. Since I have very long hair I used to get it alot when I washed it every day.

(BTW when I got it no one made fun of me)

Last edited by a moderator:
I HATE HEAD LICE!!! :mametchi:

I've had them about 3 times, but the first time I had them, i was only 10 and I had them for nearly a year, cuz no matter how much i used the comb, or how many shampoos I tried they simply WOULD NOT leave! :) it was so horrible! 0_0 my hair is very thick, so that made it even harder -_-

When I was 12 i got them again, but i got rid of them again straight away :eek: and this year i had them, and got rid of them soon after :)

I HATE HEAD LICE!!! :mametchi:
I've had them about 3 times, but the first time I had them, i was only 10 and I had them for nearly a year, cuz no matter how much i used the comb, or how many shampoos I tried they simply WOULD NOT leave! :) it was so horrible! 0_0 my hair is very thick, so that made it even harder -_-

When I was 12 i got them again, but i got rid of them again straight away :eek: and this year i had them, and got rid of them soon after :)
A year? Did you use knit shampoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back