Heaven..or well u know...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also said, "I happen to think". Did she say, 'omg! if u iz not belieeverr u iz stoopd and dat ur lefe is a weeeste!!'. Nu, she didn't.
I will say, that generaly, people who actually have hope in life will have a better life- no matter what the hope is. It may be true hope, or it may not, but I'd waaay rather believe in a God and be wrong then be on the flip side. I have hope that I don't have to worry about tomorrow, that my life isn't over because I died and then dust-to-dust, etc. etc.

What about other religions? We aren't talking about that, are we? Why must everyone jump on anything even having to do with Christiantity? "Politcal correctness" I suppose. Mention Jesus and everyone flips out now-a-days. :/ The subject matter is heavan or hell. You can believe in both even if you aren't a Christian, too.

I believe in both. I'm not a half Christian- I believe that there's a heavan and an equaly real place, hell. Just because the thought may not be "plesant" doesn't make it untrue.
I do understand what you are saying Tamaw/pants, I know she said "I happen to think" but it doesn't make it right. I know that is her opinion, and yours too, that if you have hope, you may have a better outcome in life. "It may be true hope, or it may not" What are you meaning?

I know that is just your opinion, but if I said "I happen to think that people who don't beleive in god will get more out of life than those who do" You wouldn't agree, and might reply in a protest, just like I did, because that isn't what you beleive!

This post sounds like garbage when I re-read it, hope you understand what Im saying!

Katie-0-

I do understand what you are saying Tamaw/pants, I know she said "I happen to think" but it doesn't make it right. I know that is her opinion, and yours too, that if you have hope, you may have a better outcome in life. "It may be true hope, or it may not" What are you meaning?
I know that is just your opinion, but if I said "I happen to think that people who don't beleive in god will get more out of life than those who do" You wouldn't agree, and might reply in a protest, just like I did, because that isn't what you beleive!

This post sounds like garbage when I re-read it, hope you understand what Im saying!

Katie-0-
I understand. :]

I ment by that that if people have hope- no matter what they are hoping in, it it happens to be God [which I believe is right- truth] or that the easter bunny will save them on their death bed [which I obviously believe is wrong- false]- then they are generaly happier, more feel more fulfilled in their everyday life than someone who thinks they will just die and loose everything after death.

Just because I don't believe what you said doesn't mean I'll protest. If you said that, I may utterly and completely disagree but I respect your personal opinion and I won't hit you over the head with a Bible. We can agree to disagree. It's a matter of if you state your thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner. A bit difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand. :]
I ment by that that if people have hope- no matter what they are hoping in, it it happens to be God [which I believe is right- truth] or that the easter bunny will save them on their death bed [which I obviously believe is wrong- false]- then they are generaly happier, more feel more fulfilled in their everyday life than someone who thinks an axeman will murder them when they are 74.

Just because I don't believe what you said doesn't mean I'll protest. If you said that, I may utterly and completely disagree but I respect your personal opinion and I won't hit you over the head with a Bible. We can agree to disagree. It's a matter of if you state your thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner. A bit difference.

Sorry...?

When you say, "It's a matter of if you state your thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner. A bit difference" Do you mean I wasn't being respectful? Or were you just laying the 'law' down? lol

Heads a bit demented after a treachorous day at school x.X

Katie=D

Sorry...?

When you say, "It's a matter of if you state your thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner. A bit difference" Do you mean I wasn't being respectful? Or were you just laying the 'law' down? lol

Katie=D
Oh no! LOL! Not at all! You're good.

Sure, "laying down the law". xP

I definetly believe, and this is a reason why:

There was a girl named Catherine who was from Sienna. She was only 16 when she became a nun. A few years after she became a nun, she was granted, BY GOD (not by drugs, sleepiness, or halucinations) visions of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory. Then she became a Saint. This is what she described:

Hell-

St. Catherine said that there were 4 tortures of Hell, which are as follows:

1. You must eternally be looking at Satan in all his ugliness and realize that through your life you have been serving him.

2. Physical pain is inflicted on your body (after death, you recieve a new body, and pain is inflicted on it)

3. You will feel an eternal regret of your sins and know precisley what you threw away for this feeling. (you threw away God, Heaven)

4. If you lived your life for certian sins, (exsample: lust, greed, envy, etc.) You will suffer eternally with all the other people who have lived for that purpose.

From her writings, she said, 'It was funny how most of Hell's occupants were those who didn't belive there was such a place.'

Heaven-

Take the happiest moment in your life and multply it by millions. There are trillions of people there, and you will never feel alone. You will be filled with God's grace for always and eternity. She said it was very hard to describe something so wondrous. It's like trying to describe colours to a blind man.

Purgatory-

If you go to purgatory, you are going to Heaven. In purgatory, your body goes through purification of venial sins which causes the pain of the temporary loss of God.

Now I'm not trying to get you to believe, I'm just stating why I believe in those places.

Yeah, i do believe in heaven and hell. i mean i guess you can believe in both but it doesnt make much sense...well anyway i personally think life has no meaning without god or jesus..life is just a test..heaven is really your home :)

~Mamitchi465

I definetly believe, and this is a reason why:There was a girl named Catherine who was from Sienna. She was only 16 when she became a nun. A few years after she became a nun, she was granted, BY GOD (not by drugs, sleepiness, or halucinations) visions of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory. Then she became a Saint. This is what she described:

Hell-

St. Catherine said that there were 4 tortures of Hell, which are as follows:

1. You must eternally be looking at Satan in all his ugliness and realize that through your life you have been serving him.

2. Physical pain is inflicted on your body (after death, you recieve a new body, and pain is inflicted on it)

3. You will feel an eternal regret of your sins and know precisley what you threw away for this feeling. (you threw away God, Heaven)

4. If you lived your life for certian sins, (exsample: lust, greed, envy, etc.) You will suffer eternally with all the other people who have lived for that purpose. 

From her writings, she said, 'It was funny how most of Hell's occupants were those who didn't belive there was such a place.'

Heaven-

Take the happiest moment in your life and multply it by millions. There are trillions of people there, and you will never feel alone. You will be filled with God's grace for always and eternity. She said it was very hard to describe something so wondrous. It's like trying to describe colours to a blind man.

Purgatory-

If you go to purgatory, you are going to Heaven. In purgatory, your body goes through purification of venial sins which causes the pain of the temporary loss of God.

Now I'm not trying to get you to believe, I'm just stating why I believe in those places.
So this girl was "conntected" by god telling her what the "afterlife" is about?

WoooW......

Offend satanics...? What is this world coming to?!

We are so afraid to "offend someone" that we can't say even say anything anymore! Hevan forbid we say this, or heavan fobid we put up this- I swear! If someone was satanic I'm sure by "political correctness" we couldn't say we disagreed or accept it if they were rude and saying, 'omgee, gud iz stpppid!!', OH NO. Heavan FORBID we say anything then!

I'm sorry, I'm not saying this directly at anyone but it really gets me going to hear what todays society claims is "acceptable" and what is not.

EDIT: Post was edited before I clicked but I'm just going to leave this up here because it's not uncommon anyway.

Offend satanics...? What is this world coming to?!
We are so afraid to "offend someone" that we can't say even say anything anymore! Hevan forbid we say this, or heavan fobid we put up this- I swear! If someone was satanic I'm sure by "political correctness" we couldn't say we disagreed or accept it if they were rude and saying, 'omgee, gud iz stpppid!!', OH NO. Heavan FORBID we say anything then!

I'm sorry, I'm not saying this directly at anyone but it really gets me going to hear what todays society claims is "acceptable" and what is not.

EDIT: Post was edited before I clicked but I'm just going to leave this up here because it's not uncommon anyway.
Whats a satanic and who made fun of them?

Yes, I do belive in God.

No, I don't believe in this thing people call 'the Lord' or 'Him'.

Yes, I believe in Jesus.

No, I don't believe that Jesus was God's child.

Yes, I believe in Heaven.

No, I don't believe in Hell.

I am a strong believer that we are the entire 'physical' universe because the universe is energy and what are we? Energy. I think that when we die we 'awaken' back into Heaven because that's where we came from. I als think that the supposedly physical world we are in 'Do you believe in Jesus?' is like saying 'Do you believe in Ronald Reagan?' I mean,sure , they both died and were both human, but I don't believe that either of them was anything 'superhuman' or 'hyperspiritual'. I celebrate Jesus's birth because it was the birth of a man who taught humankind how to be kind and loving (which I think most of the world promptly forgot - don't include this in your opinion of my views please), not because he was God's son or anything.

*note* You don't have to agree with any of this, but, please, listen to it and consider it. Tell me exactly what you thing, please don't flame or put things like 'OMG taht's rong!! Belieev what i do!' Thank you!!

I don't believe in hell, I think it's sort of just a fairy tale. If God is so loving why would he send all non-believers to hell? That makes no sense to me. I believe we all go to heaven. I also believe we've had past lives and go back to earth occasionally to learn how to deal with a wolrd that isn't perfect. A very interesting thing to read about is near-death experiences. This is were a person almost dies - usually in the hospital undergoing surgery or such - and live to tell the tale. Usually they say they see a very bright light and feel an urge to move toward it, and see deceased loved ones whole and healthy again, and ready to greet them. And the person feels very sad knowing they have to go back to Earth, usually. I've read a lot of these. They're quite fascinating. However, I have never seen one about someone almost going to hell. Also, many of the people who had near-death experiences were atheists, and as a result of having the experience, now believe in God and Jesus and heaven. Don't think I just made all this up, I've actually researched and read a lot about people's opinions on the afterlife. And I've formed this opinion as a result. :)

I find it easier to believe in Hell rather than Heaven. I don't know why, I just do. I mean, for me sleeping is very peaceful and happy, and to me that would be eternal peace, you don't have to go to Heaven for it. Just being dead would be peace enough. But then Hell is to punish you for the bad things you have done, so you shouldn't get the peace of being dead.

I don't believe in hell, I think it's sort of just a fairy tale. If God is so loving why would he send all non-believers to hell? That makes no sense to me. I believe we all go to heaven. I also believe we've had past lives and go back to earth occasionally to learn how to deal with a wolrd that isn't perfect. A very interesting thing to read about is near-death experiences. This is were a person almost dies - usually in the hospital undergoing surgery or such - and live to tell the tale. Usually they say they see a very bright light and feel an urge to move toward it, and see deceased loved ones whole and healthy again, and ready to greet them. And the person feels very sad knowing they have to go back to Earth, usually. I've read a lot of these. They're quite fascinating. However, I have never seen one about someone almost going to hell. Also, many of the people who had near-death experiences were atheists, and as a result of having the experience, now believe in God and Jesus and heaven. Don't think I just made all this up, I've actually researched and read a lot about people's opinions on the afterlife. And I've formed this opinion as a result. :)
Why? He gives us a choice. It's like saying, my mom doesn't love me because she punishes me when I do something bad, only ten fold over. Would it really be love if we had to love Him? No, then we'd be robots.

If I have time, I'll do some research on this whole seeing the light deal. I know it happens to people, but as it happens so much, it may not be so "spiritual" and actually have a physical reason for it.

Also, if you believe in Jesus and that He died on the cross, well, if there was no sin, why did he have to die? That would have been pointless. So, if they don't believe in hell, but believe in the Jesus/God part, I don't understand how they don't.

I been an Atheist for a long time. I don't belive in heaven, hell or god. I don't belive in the two places existing. Like osmeone said. It sounded like a fairy tale. I know there are Creatationist elist folk around. I tend to ignore them. If someone have a belife in a god or many gods or whatever, that's their call. The only time I get irked on is if a person don't belive, someone who belives lectures them about their "saviour" on and on and on. Then again, I am just splitting hairs and reminds me of the whole "Jesus Camp" rant I came across on Youtube.

To each of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back