Help! Bought a fake! What is it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decotchi

Reaction score
So I just got my mail today, super excited that I finally recieved the Tamagotchi Plus (japanese released tamagotchi connection) that I bought on amazon. The seller seemed legit, the pictures matched plenty that I had seen online, the item was described as being a BRAND NEW, PURE PINK Bandai promo tamagotchi "digital friend of the world". I looked everything up before buying, the toy was only $14 total, which I thought was a steal. WRONG. When I recieved the package, the first thing I noticed was that the tamagotchi was different looking, the little character design was green, not pink, the "cracked" part of the shell was red, not pink, like the picture, and the usual peel off sticker on the screen with a tama character was NOT there. Then I noticed that the red and white Ban Dai logo was missing, even though it was in the picture. The packaging was a bit crushed, but I assumed it was due to the postal workers jamming it into my tiny post box. On the main box it clearly says " C BANDAI - WIZ 2004 BANDAI 2004 MADE IN CHINA", which again, matched the picture. So I carefully opened it. The tab was in, but it didnt seem like the one I had on my own tamagotchi. Then around the tab it was scuffed and chipped. I thought maybe they had passed off a used one as new, but as long as it was real, I didnt mind. The back of the tamagotchi had scuffs, and there was the tiniest mark on the screen. So, giving them the benefit of the doubt, I removed the tab. My first reaction was "WHAT IN GODS NAME IS THIS ABOMINATION?????" A weird looking humanish pixelated beast popped up, and I pressed buttons frantically to figure out a way to do anything at all. The only thing it allows me to do is feed it, anything else and a little blob character moves back and forth and a high pitched beep song plays. The instructions are in both english and japanese, but the english "translation" makes no sense at all. And I mean NO SENSE. The pixels are HUGE, like four tama-sized ones combined. There is a weird looking sort of bird in a nest that goes back an forth in place of a regular tamagotchi character. The infra-red screen top is pink, not deep red like the usual. The back of the tama also says Ban Dai, but it could have been switched with a real tama. I am very confused. Is this some other toy Ban Dai released or just a really bad knock-off ? I feel really terrible right now. Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated. Ive posted two pictures of what I recieved. The quality isnt great, but you get the idea. In the second one you can see the weird bird I was talking about.

imageproxy.php

this is where I bought it from. I also found it odd that the seller kep the listing even after I bought it, because it seemed strange that they would have more than one of the same tama. They clearly described it as NEW item, new package with original box. Which is a lie. Note the differences between their picture and mine.

https://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's no Ban Dai logo in the packaging --- it's already a red flag.

And you have the right to complain to the seller that the product you received does not match the one in their listing.

Contact them about your issue.

Can you post actual pictures of the item you received?

Well, the picture they showed had the Ban Dai logo, and everything matched up. There was no way for me to tell otherwise until I got it. But I'm going to contact the seller and try to fix this as soon as I can.

The links there are the only thing I can post up at the moment.

I would write down what you want done. Clearify it and then type it up as friendly as you can. Give them a chance to fix the problem...

I want to say that is one of those "Smart Chick" tama-nots. Not sure though.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I mean, who knows, they might not have known what they were selling, seeing as this was just a random object in their shop. Just looked up Smart Chick, looks similar, but isn't what I have. Or what they advertised. I would be fine with what I have if I knew how to play it. But I can't seem to decipher the instructions and all I can do is feed it right now. Everything else just gets me an angry blob shaking its head. It's odd, the first thing it allows you to do is choose between a strange looking girl or a little tama-like creature with wiings, but you never see them after, i just see a bird in a nest moving back and forth.

Just figured out what it is. It is definitely a fake. Found this link : https://www.tamenagerie.com/fakes.html

The box it came in looks just like the bottom two in the first picture. It's scarily close to the real thing, though. It's a confusing game, seems like it could be interesting if it was a bit clearer on the how-tos. Just figured out how to change the time, but still, all I can do is feed it.

I've seen those on ebay as well, i can see why you thought it was a real tamagotchi, they almost had me fooled as well.

It's really important to check the packaging and look for that bandai logo. I hope you'll be able to fix this.

Maybe you can send it back and ask for a refund??

I never buy on Amazon unless the order is fulfilled by Amazon (which it'll say in the item listing if it is).

Don't you have the right to return the item and get your money back when you get a different item than the one in the pictures of the listing?

You didn't actually buy a fake becaus the one they listed was real, they just send you a fake one :huh:

Yeah, I contacted them this morning, waiting for a reply now. I checked amazons policy, and I have every right to get a complete refund since the product didn't match the description.

poor you...

I hope you can get a refund for it. If they didn't give you a refund at least give them a bad review to warn other buyers.

i got scammed as well! mine is exactly the same as yours...... :angry:

OH and mine doesn't even work!

edited: they refunded me and i don't have to send it back to them yay!

OMG,

I purchased the same one from this seller, thinking it was a Japanese connection, and as i was opening it, i got very suspicious. The chain was wrong, the color was off. I was almost afraid to pull the tab and i did.... FAKE,

I emailed too, hoping to fix it and get a refund.

They said I could get a full refund by sending it back or a partial if I keep it. But why keep it if there's no way to play it? I'm sending it back ASAP.

They said I could get a full refund by sending it back or a partial if I keep it. But why keep it if there's no way to play it? I'm sending it back ASAP.

Oh my, how do I delete my accidental double posts?

SO glad I saw this post. I was thinking of buying that same item from Amazon, but went with a Tama-go from another seller, instead. (The Tama-go's are so cheap now!)

This is a great forum.

I actually have the same fake one, but I bought it knowing it was fake.

This is what the character I got looks like - kinda creepy, no idea what it is haha. Looks sorta like a woman or a half-spider-half-woman. Sorry for the quality, iPod isn't the best for taking pictures!

j9btw6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back