How do you talk / sound like in real life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Midwestern accent, even though I'm from the southeast.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png < That's basically exactly how I sound as far as my accent goes. [there's some mild language in the video. Click at your own risk.] People often ask me if I'm from Chicago or at least from up north.The only part about that video is my voice itself is kind of lower than that, and I have this scratchy sound in the back of my voice.

I don't have a very good video of Pete Wentz talking, but if you can hear that kind of roughness in the back of his voice when he talks, I have the same thing in mine.

I sound like a man. ;o;

My pronunciation of words seems funny to people, I've been picked on a lot because of how I say things. xP

My 'A' sounds are usually long and sharp in words such as Accent, Alex, That, Hat, Cat, Rat, etc.

ie; Scotch. I say, "SkAHch" instead of, "ScaahCH."

ie 2; Boycott. I say, "BoycAHt" instead of, "BOY-Caat."

Like the girl in the video up there, the 'A' in Chicago.

ShehCAHgoh instead of Shuhcawgoh.

I also get pointed out a lot on how I say 'pen' and 'pin' the same. I say both like, "Pehn."

I also say Jenny and Ginny the same. Here's the differences;

[x] and [x]

Both to me are pronounced like how the computer says Jenny, and that's about the best example of my obvious trouble with the 'i' and 'e' thing. xD

As far as how I talk itself, it's usually fast and quiet. I seem to normally talk in mumbles unless I'm presenting something, in which then I get louder.

Whenever I talk and am trying to find my words, I tend to just say, "Uhmmmm..." really low and held-out, then take in a deep breath and continue with my sentence. Otherwise, I'd say I just talk really fast and in a low voice. People mishear me often. xD

~Mew

Last edited by a moderator:
New Zealand accent. Although I've been told (by Kaycee) that I sound a little bit Scottish. If that were true, I believe it would be about 0.01% Scottish and 99.99% New Zealand accent. I always think I'm talking at a normal pace, even when doing a speech for English but I've been told I say my speeches way too fast, something I don't notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back