If you found a purse

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*BaBi*GuRl*

Reaction score
Lets say you are on vacation, and you find a purse. It is a coach purse (a very nice brand, that looks like This). There is no one around, because you decided to talk a walk and you walked far to a place near the beach and no one is anywhere near you. The purse contains:

-A coach wallet containing $250

-A new phone (nothing in it, no contacts, brand new)

-A keychain (no keys)

-A mirror

-A small makeup bag

-A camera

You take the bag back to your rental house, and a few days pass and no one called the phone. You go back the to beach were you found it, and there are no signs that anyone was there after you were. The place where you found the bag still has the outline of the bag there. There is no identification in the bag.

What do you do? This did not happen to me, i was just wondering what everyone would do.

*BaBi*

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I would keep it. :3

It would be too hard to find the owner anyway.

It's a lesson learned for the original owner; Do not carelessly leave your valuables lying around a beach.

>:]

If there was no documentation I would not really entrust it to the police. In Spain, the police are capable of keeping that to themselves. :angry:

So in that case I would probably keep it, maybe keep my eyes out in newspapers and such to see if someone claims the loss of such items.

If after say, a month no one calls for it I might as well just keep it if it was on the floor not belonging to anyone. It is in my right.

I have found several times purses, but often without money and just credit cards, so I use the credit card name to find out who it is in a telephone book, ring the person up, meet somewhere and return their things.

Lets say you are on vacation, and you find a purse. It is a coach purse (a very nice brand, that looks like URL=https://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/218/806/47/o_img45204246.jpg]This[/url]). There is no one around, because you decided to talk a walk and you walked far to a place near the beach and no one is anywhere near you. The purse contains:
-A coach wallet containing $250

-A new phone (nothing in it, no contacts, brand new)

-A keychain (no keys)

-A mirror

-A small makeup bag

-A camera

You take the bag back to your rental house, and a few days pass and no one called the phone. You go back the to beach were you found it, and there are no signs that anyone was there after you were. The place where you found the bag still has the outline of the bag there. There is no identification in the bag.

What do you do? This did not happen to me, i was just wondering what everyone would do.

*BaBi*
...and Spiify by the way, why do people in Spain tend to keep that sort if stuff?

I would keep it for a little while, if the person who owned it happened to call the mobile, I would give it too them, after a month, still no sign, I would either keep it or take to the police station

By the way, what kind of phone is it? I'm just pertending that it's an Apple I-Phone ok?

If there was no documentation I would not really entrust it to the police. In Spain, the police are capable of keeping that to themselves. :angry: So in that case I would probably keep it, maybe keep my eyes out in newspapers and such to see if someone claims the loss of such items.

If after say, a month no one calls for it I might as well just keep it if it was on the floor not belonging to anyone. It is in my right.

I have found several times purses, but often without money and just credit cards, so I use the credit card name to find out who it is in a telephone book, ring the person up, meet somewhere and return their things.
I would do the same thing as spiffy!

[SIZE=7pt]I would try to find the owner, or send it to the police.[/SIZE]

Keeping somebody else's valuable items may be a little too greedy for me.

I really would'nt know what to do with it from there.

I would return it. If I kept it and it had money in it, I would get nervous spending that persons money and probably stress myself out and send it to the police.

Yeah, that sounds like me.

~tomrules74185296

I would either leave it where I found it or give it to the police. I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt if I kept the money. >.<

Well, I would give the purse to my sisters or mother or whoever and keep anything else in there. There fault for not putting ID. No one can be trusted now a day's so if you put it in the newspaper someone would claim it and it probably wouldn't be theirs.

Take it to the police.

If someone put up posters, people would just be "HEY, YA, I'M OWNER OF THAT FANCY WALLET WITH LOTS OF EXPENSIVE THINGS!"and then be like [/lie]

Thats hard, because if I tried to find the owner I mean anybody would come up and be all like "OMG YEPP THATS MY PURSE THANKS" XD

But if I kept it I'd feel HORRIABLE. I would probaly just keep it there, and hope someone will find it who'd know what to do with itl.

To tell you the truth, I would probably leave it where I found it. If someone saw me pick it up/go through it, they might accuse me of stealing. The person might realize they dropped it or left it, come back less than a minute later, and find me going though their purse and taking it away.

It's much safer to just leave it.

I would return it. If I kept it and it had money in it, I would get nervous spending that persons money and probably stress myself out and send it to the police.
Yeah, that sounds like me.

~tomrules74185296
But you wouldn't know who to return it to.

...and Spiify by the way, why do people in Spain tend to keep that sort if stuff?I would keep it for a little while, if the person who owned it happened to call the mobile, I would give it too them, after a month, still no sign, I would either keep it or take to the police station

By the way, what kind of phone is it? I'm just pertending that it's an Apple I-Phone ok?
It's just the kind of thing people do here.

If you send a parcel as well, unless it is certified tracked and all that, someone will probably steal it on the way and keep it to themselves.

Anyway, I would sooner do the returning job if it came to it because I would sooner keep a watch over it then have the police do it, I wouldn't be able to meet the owner of the purse.

Plus, if I lost that purse, would I turn the police?

Maybe if the person lost it, you don't know either if they would ask the police. I remember loosing some keys once, we asked around and what we were going to do (till I found them in the Church, yay someone kind who gave them back :) ) was simply change the locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back