Internet Safety

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kaythina~

Reaction score
Well, do you care about internet safety? Or is it just something to ignore like your mum's ranting on about her day at work?

I just follow general rules.

Don't say where you go to school.

Don't get specific where you live.

If you live in a HUGE city, then I suppose it's ok to say the city you live in but in the case of smaller towns then no, I say the name of the larger city I'm near.

That's all I do.

Those rules should be sufficient for most people.

But yeah, even when I wanted to meet one of my internet friends, I was going to bring along my dad and I'm a grown up! :lol: It's true! Because the guy was much closer to my dad's age. I thought they might bridge some of the gaps in the general conversation. And you should not meet people alone anyway. ;)

Well, some random person? No.

My friends? Yes.

And if people tell me, "People could be fakes!" I know they're not. I mean, the only one that knows where I live, she's sent me a letter. So really, I could be a random stalker. I mean, I'm not. But I could be. xD

I gotta get better at my internet safety-ness... I got a System Security virus on my computer... It's sosososo annoying

Well, I'm safe about saying literally where I live. Some people here know the state I live in, but not many.

I've never posted a picture to myself, though. I have PMed one to a few others. Because I trust them.

I don't give out my email address.

I'm pretty safe~

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't give out most of my personal information... But a few people have my phone number... xO

It depends

I don't really post pictures a ton, and gave out my phone number to close online friends.

That's about it.

I've given out my phone number to those who I've known for YEARS. And that's only a few. I'm safe on the internet : )

It depends. I don't say stuff like town, or last name, or anything like that. Friend or no friend. If their my friend, I often tell them my name, state, interests. A random person, no way.

Wow. I'm pretty crap at this interweb safety.

I post pictures a lot.

People know what city I live in.

They know my first and middle name.

Maria, Ksenia, FeeBee and Carly know my last name and address. But I'd only give them out to people I trust and I know those 4 are real people and who they say they are.

Maria and Ksenia know what school I go to aswell.

But I know theirs in return.

No one knows my phone number though.

I do have smarts though. I wouldn't just post this info for anyone to read.

^ Pretty much same here Michelle.

Let's see... most people know what large city I live near. And quite a few people know what suburb I'm from. Katie and Sango know what school I go to.

I'm sure you've all seen many pictures and videos of me.

Feebee and Diva have my cell phone number.

But I don't just hand out my information to anybody. I lean towards people who have made videos mentioning themselves and TamaTalk, because I know the videos couldn't have been stolen.

No one knows my last name or my address. Or my home phone.

I would love to write letters, but my parents would FLIPP.

I'm working on getting a webcam though. I'm telling my dad it's to call my cousin who lives nearly 2,000 miles away.

But anyway, I'm not great with Internet safety, though I use general common sense.

Let's see..

Britt know's my cell number, because I had a 4-way with her, Sango, and Mew

Zuzi knows my lastname because she e-mailed me on my Windows Mail once

I posted pictures on Twitter, and Gaia.

Sango knows where I live..because she lives in the same town as me xD And I think Katie may know where I live around

I can't write letters. My parents would freak..

If you want my Cell number, you can shoot me a PM. I may or may not give it to you

Let's see..
Britt know's my cell number, because I had a 4-way with her, Sango, and Mew

Zuzi knows my lastname because she e-mailed me on my Windows Mail once

I posted pictures on Twitter, and Gaia.

Sango knows where I live..because she lives in the same town as me xD And I think Katie may know where I live around

I can't write letters. My parents would freak..

If you want my Cell number, you can shoot me a PM. I may or may not give it to you
Yes I do know where you live...I've been there! O: I is a stalker > :p

Well Beth's the only one that knows my mobile and gran's number (I spend most of my time at my gran's), and some of her real life friends. I think I can trust Ksenia with it as well since by the looks of it she's pretty trustworthy. I know Beth's not a pedo, I've seen her on webcam, I've heard her voice on phone, I've talked to her real-life friends, so yeah. She knows my town as well, and my school. But as I've said, I can trust her with it. I wouldn't give it to some random person I just met. Oh yes, and I know her info as well XD because I'm a pedo-stalker

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. I give out false facts, but I guess my sister Kaythina is doing otherwise about me. :p That's not good. Anyway, you already know what I'm (trying to be) doing about my identity. UGGHH my sister is so dead. haha

Well when I first started using internet a lot, I wouldn't even give out my first name. Now, I'm a bit more free, and I doubt anyone would come halfway across the world to kill me. If I've talked over the phone to someone, gone on webcam or talked over MSN or DS or something, then I'll tell people a lot more about myself because it's kind of obvious they're not fakes, especially with webcam. But yeah, people who live in my country, I don't give out as much personal detail to since it's not halfway across the world. Yes, I'm cautious, on the verge of paranoid, but yeah. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back