Is A Coconut A Fruit Or A Nut?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=14pt]It would say a nut. .... [/SIZE]Because if it were a fruit, it would have a inside we could eat..

Wait. Does that make sense?! D:
Did you think we've been eating a coconut's outside all this time? o.o It's intended for us to eat the inside. xD

I think it's a fruit. Not too sure why... you can always Blackle it.

I KNOW for sure it's a nut technically. Based on how it looks, whats in it, ect.

But it does come off of a tree and anything that comes off a tree is called the trees fruit.

It's still a nut though. :p I did my research. Anyways, it's cocoNUT. lol

Idk.... Okay so since they found out the truth about the tomatoe they need to find out the truth about the coconut.

I KNOW for sure it's a nut technically. Based on how it looks, whats in it, ect.But it does come off of a tree and anything that comes off a tree is called the trees fruit.

It's still a nut though. ;) I did my research. Anyways, it's cocoNUT. lol
Well it's peaNUT but peanuts aren't nuts. They are seeds.

You mean coconut sprinkles? That stuffs gross but the real thing is really good not the artificial junk x.X.
Yes D: The sprinkles. I hate 'em.

I'd much rather crack open a coconut and dig it out with a spoon. It's hard, but so good.

I belive it's a fruit. Then again, it looks like a hairy and oversized nut xD.

I don't mind coconuts. The liquid is horrible. But the meat is bland and crunchy.

Yes D: The sprinkles. I hate 'em.I'd much rather crack open a coconut and dig it out with a spoon. It's hard, but so good.
Agreed 100%. The sprinkles make me sick :mimitchi:

A coconut is not a fruit or a nut! Its acctualy a seed. After it drops from a tree, about a month later the shell cracks and an adorable baby tree comes out. :mimitchi:

I agree, the coconut shavings are disgusting. They are a disgrace to the name of Cococnut. But fresh coconut is the best thing ever :rolleyes:

*BaBi*

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I looked it up, lol. I cheated.

"Botanically, a coconut is a simple dry nut known as a fibrous drupe. The husk, or mesocarp, is composed of fibres called coir and there is an inner stone, or endocarp. The endocarp is the hardest part. This hard endocarp, the outside of the coconut as sold in the shops of non-tropical countries, has three germination pores that are clearly visible on the outside surface once the husk is removed. It is through one of these that the radicle emerges when the embryo germinates. Adhering to the inside wall of the endocarp is the testa, with a thick albuminous endosperm (the coconut "meat"), the white and fleshy edible part of the seed."

from this link. You have to scroll down some to see it.

A coconut is not a fruit or a nut! Its acctualy a seed. After it drops from a tree, about a month later the shell cracks and an adorable baby tree comes out. :mimitchi:
I agree, the coconut shavings are disgusting. They are a disgrace to the name of Cococnut. But fresh coconut is the best thing ever :rolleyes:

*BaBi*
Um... actually, all nuts are seeds.

Peanuts, macadamia, cashew, chestnut, coconut, they're all seeds cause if you plant em' it'll grow.

So... it's a seed and a nut... and if it's a nut that grows off of a tree (chestnut, pecan, coconut)

it's also considered a fruit...

lol

confusing enough?

My friends, we have a fruit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut

Ah, I love the internet.

Apparently, from reading, it's both.

Or, all three.

It's the fruit of the palm tree, but it is also a nut, and all nuts are seeds.

Nut, fruit, seed.

Or at least that's how I'm receiving it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back