Is anyone here popular?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does poularity really matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
i depens what popular u mean are u talkin about the mean now it all girl or the person people know about but ur not a snob

i hate popular people them and cheerleaders are the mpst hated group

FITTING IN?! BEING THE SAME??!! :D yeah right!! fitting in and being "popular" is the most stupidest thing ever! me? i'm the leader and unique girl at my school, thats what my teacher said. no offense but why do you wear make up to school? like who cares what people think of your apperience?i have curly hair and no one has curly hair at my school! thats why i love it! :(

♥Mamitchi

FITTING IN?! BEING THE SAME??!! :D yeah right!! fitting in and being "popular" is the most stupidest thing ever! me? i'm the leader and unique girl at my school, thats what my teacher said. no offense but why do you wear make up to school? like who cares what people think of your apperience?i have curly hair and no one has curly hair at my school! thats why i love it! :(

♥Mamitchi
Hmm, even thought you did bump up this topic, I agree with you 100%. We do not need to please people and fit in. I am my own person. I will NOT try to "fit in" with the crowd. Because at my school, the populat crowd is a bunch of ghetto wannabe "gangsters" and you can bet I will NEVER become gangster!

C~M

I'm not popular, but I'm known. Throughout the school "I'm seen as the smartest kid." Yes, I've been called "geek" and "dork" before. I have a lot of true friends, but there are also people who want to take advantage of me. Example=the "popular kids"(the stuck-up kind) ask me to be their parters for schoolwork. IT'S SO ANNOYING!! :D They expect me to do the work. Don't get me wrong, some popular kids are really nice, but some aren't. I'm probably never gonna be "popular"(except with my friends) but I don't plan to.

FITTING IN?! BEING THE SAME??!! :eek: yeah right!! fitting in and being "popular" is the most stupidest thing ever!
No. No it isn't.

Being accepted or fitting in is indeed one of the most important parts of society. It's why people are social animals.

There are things you would never, every do. Because fitting in is important. You wouldn't run through your school naked and kiss everyone that comes your way, would you? No. No you would not. You would be waaaaayyy individual, but you would also probably never ever forget doing that. And there are many many things people never do, just out of principle.

Being "popular" doesn't have to be something you consider important. However, I believe the term popular is now an illusion people put themselves under to help dislike people who have a lot of friends and create a built-in "evil" for everyone to hate.

And everyone who says they're popular say they aren't a snob. Duh, that's common train of thought.

Popular people = snobby people/evil

Popular people = nice people with a lot of friends

IT'S A PARADOX!

D;

Now on to personal stuff----

I'm a pretty normal person. I'm not pretty, and I don't really like people. I don't know how on earth I would be a social person who has to interact with people on a much bigger scale then I do. I can't even stand dances. :|

FITTING IN?! BEING THE SAME??!! :eek: yeah right!! fitting in and being "popular" is the most stupidest thing ever! me? i'm the leader and unique girl at my school, thats what my teacher said. no offense but why do you wear make up to school? like who cares what people think of your apperience?i have curly hair and no one has curly hair at my school! thats why i love it! :D

♥Mamitchi
Just because someone wears make-up or likes to make themself look nice doesn't mean they are trying to impress people. Usually people wear make-up etc for their own benefit to feel good about themselves, it doesn't mean they wear it to be 'popular' or anything like that.

I've already posted here, but I want to post again, with a better opinion.

You guys are really taking popularity far too seriously. I mean, c'mon- just enjoy hanging with the group of friends who you really consider nice friends. :eek: I'm popular, but the popular people are the friends who I get on best with. The reason I'm popular is because I'm bouncy and happy- and people find it funny when I do dumb things. xD

Don't actually try and act untrue to yourself JUST to be popular. Act like yourself, and you'll find good friends that are well suited to you. I feel really bad for all those people who think they're dorks- you guys aren't dorks. :] You're just people who act themselves, and don't put on a fake personality, so therefore, you're popular. :D

My and my three super-awesome friends aren't popular. At all. But we don't need to be.

No. No it isn't. Being accepted or fitting in is indeed one of the most important parts of society. It's why people are social animals.

There are things you would never, every do. Because fitting in is important. You wouldn't run through your school naked and kiss everyone that comes your way, would you? No. No you would not. You would be waaaaayyy individual, but you would also probably never ever forget doing that. And there are many many things people never do, just out of principle.

Being "popular" doesn't have to be something you consider important. However, I believe the term popular is now an illusion people put themselves under to help dislike people who have a lot of friends and create a built-in "evil" for everyone to hate.

And everyone who says they're popular say they aren't a snob. Duh, that's common train of thought.

Popular people = snobby people/evil

Popular people = nice people with a lot of friends

IT'S A PARADOX!

D;

Now on to personal stuff----

I'm a pretty normal person. I'm not pretty, and I don't really like people. I don't know how on earth I would be a social person who has to interact with people on a much bigger scale then I do. I can't even stand dances. :|
now how is fitting in a good thing? No i would not run around my school naked? your missing the point i'm trying to say here. fitting in isnt that important at all actually...i consider myself not a followert and i stand out by the clothes i wear and how i fix my hair.....i guess i'm a trend setter than? even though i hate trends.. :blink: anyways being the same is soo boring and lifes to short to be "the same" or "cool"

♥Mamitchi

now how is fitting in a good thing? No i would not run around my school naked? your missing the point i'm trying to say here. fitting in isnt that important at all actually...i consider myself not a followert and i stand out by the clothes i wear and how i fix my hair.....i guess i'm a trend setter than? even though i hate trends.. :blink: anyways being the same is soo boring and lifes to short to be "the same" or "cool"

♥Mamitchi
You can never actualy 'be the same'- even if you did you hair the same, had the same clothes, ect. as the next girl you wouldn't be the same- you can't be because you are you- wheather you are acting fake or not.

Some people try to hard and when you do that you can create lasting problems. You can push people away, you may start judging people that 'are the same' and most of all thing that the main stream is 'the same'.

You can never actualy 'be the same'- even if you did you hair the same, had the same clothes, ect. as the next girl you wouldn't be the same- you can't be because you are you- wheather you are acting fake or not.
Some people try to hard and when you do that you can create lasting problems. You can push people away, you may start judging people that 'are the same' and most of all thing that the main stream is 'the same'.
who am i to judge people? the only one that can judge is god. but anyways i was just saying i like to be a leader not a follower.

♥Mamitchi

who am i to judge people? the only one that can judge is god. but anyways i was just saying i like to be a leader not a follower.
♥Mamitchi
I wasn't saying you do just saying that when you put people in groups- whether it be sticking out or being the 'same' and 'normal'- there's more of a tendency to be more judgemental.

There's nothing wrong with being a leader- I would consider myself to have more of a leader personality too. :]

I wasn't saying you do just saying that when you put people in groups- whether it be sticking out or being the 'same' and 'normal'- there's more of a tendency to be more judgemental.
There's nothing wrong with being a leader- I would consider myself to have more of a leader personality too. :]
ohh sorry....lol but yeah to stay on topic i wouldnt be a follower in a million years.. :blink: and sorry for the little misunderstanding tamaw/pants! i dont put people in groups, its just some poeple think fitting in and copying other people is good.....

♥Mamitchi

ohh sorry....lol but yeah to stay on topic i wouldnt be a follower in a million years.. :blink: and sorry for the little misunderstanding tamaw/pants! i dont put people in groups, its just some poeple think fitting in and copying other people is good.....

♥Mamitchi
It's no problem. :]

I understand what you are saying- some people just need to live a little and be them not someonelse. That makes total sense.

Popular?It depends on what your defenition of popular is.

If you mean that snotty group that doesn't talk to you if you don't have a name-brand logo, then no.

But if you mean someone who has lots of awsome friends, then yes.
I am popular but I hate it when people automatically brand popular people as 'snotty' as you put it. I am not snotty and neither is any of the other populars in our class. Please don't put it harshly. Being popular has nothing to do with being snotty. :blink:

Mez! :)

I think I'm going to die of laughter with all these popularity topics.

+Ho-Oh

Wait, bratztroxg, didn't you just say in another topic about cliques that "Labels are for soup cans"? Surprise, surprise - 'Popular' is technically a label.

Half of all 'popular' people are classified as snotty and bratty because they hang out with their friends only and think their popularity gives them the right to label anything that moves and get away with it without getting shot back at.

No, I'm not 'popular'. I'm just there.

Wait, bratztroxg, didn't you just say in another topic about cliques that "Labels are for soup cans"? Surprise, surprise - 'Popular' is technically a label.Half of all 'popular' people are classified as snotty and bratty because they hang out with their friends only and think their popularity gives them the right to label anything that moves and get away with it without getting shot back at.

No, I'm not 'popular'. I'm just there.
No, I'm sorry, Fallen Raine, but I really have had enough of you picking at everything I say and turning it into something not nice.

Popular may be kind of a label but really if you think about it, all 'popular' means is that you have loads of friends. And you've got things very wrong in your post because popular means you've got lots of friends, not 'oh i've got the right to label everything that moves because i'm popular'. i am going to put this simply out to you:

I have lots of great friends. In other words I'm popular. but as I've said in other posts LABELS ARE FOR SOUP CANS. And hey, are you seeing something here? I AM POPULAR BUT DON'T AGREE WITH LABELLING PEOPLE. That means NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS AND ARE POPULAR LABEL PEOPLE.

Thanks for listening! I hope i got my point out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back