Is Bandai America Going to STOP making Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I kinda feel two things going on right now. With the release of Tamagotchi L.I.F.E., what I think Bandai is trying to do is just bring it back. Even if people don't like it, a lot of people will be like 'oh, I remember those!'

I think the main goal of Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is to just bring back its relevancy. Even if people don't like it, I think the goal is to make people aware of Tamagotchi.

If this happens, I think Bandai will then come back with a new Tama (or a re-release of an old one, etc.) because they do know that Tamagotchi is famous for being a virtual pet. Once it's relevant to everyone again, they might drop a new pet.

But then, I kinda disagree with myself. Sometimes I feel like Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is just the way Bandai wants Tamagotchi to go. I honestly don't think that's the way they are going, necessarily. But with Tamatown being down for quite a while, it just feels a little suspicious. :huh:

Again, like I've said so many times before, this is not something that I think BanDai is even involved with. It's Sync Beatz whole doing. BanDai just handed the license to them for some extra money.

It's not to bring back Tamagotchi.. It's to make cheap money off of people who vaguely remember tamagotchi.

Oh my god, quite frankly, I still have 3 of my tamagotchi 2 v4.5s and one v5 familitchi. I am lucky to still have them. Although, I have heard that you can still buy tamagotchi merchandise on amazon.com. Quite honestly, I don't know what the heck I'm going to say next, but all I have to say right now, is this. As long as we still have our tamagotchi merchandise at home, we still have hope. Amen. I must confess, I was recently at a comic book store and pop culture store mix, with my tamas, and I must say, I am sooooo lucky I actually still have my tamas, I think my v5 tama is going to run out of battery soon so I'll probably ask my dad if we can get another one for it for when it does while we're at the home depot. Oh wait a minute, didn't I just replace it like a couple weeks ago? Oh yeah, I think I recall doing so. Well, but on the other hand, as long as we tamagotchi fans still have our Tamagotchi merchandise, we've still got hope! I daresay! We still have hope as long as we have our Tamagotchi merchandise! That's right! We will NOT be losing hope as long as we have our Tamagotchi merchandise and stand proud and tall with it! You know what, I've got it! We should make a youtube campaign and facebook campaign to save the tamagotchis! We'll call it: Protect the Tamagotchi Future! Its slogan will be: As long as we stand proud and tall with our Tamagotchi Merchandise, we still have hope! All who like my idea, stand beside me and join me in my quest to save the Tamagotchi future! Their future is in our hands now!

@DJYellow22 - now that you say it (and the fact that I've looked into it), I actually think you're right. Tamagotchi is definitely not over. I mean, they wouldn't drop off the face of the earth so unexpected like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they release another one in the UK, I've been checing the Argos catalogs and there has been nothing at all. I've seen the Tama-go on the argos website for £7.99 so I might pop instore tomorrow to see if they will sell me one.

Try. Make a few Tamagotchis. Bring them out to all the stores. Just a few boxes. Then just wait, for a few days. And see what happens. See where it all goes. I guarantee you that they will be out of stock in a heart beat. What was the point of taking them off the shelves if people are still going at it? I used to be a fanatic about these. It became my obsession. Well, I was only eight at the time but that doesn't matter. I went crazy. I had all versions. From the first to V5.5. My point is, you see all these people complaining, wanting, begging, dreading the fact that they're not in stock any longer. Just do an experiment type thing. Send in some boxes to the stores. Sit back and see where it goes. We all want them back. We're willing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard about this so bought an original V1 tamagotchi off ebay... better safe then sorry before prices rise

I would buy more but my parents won't let me because I already have one. (Why would you need 2? You already have one! Don't spend money on stuff you don't need, spend it on food and blah blah blah....) :( :( :( :(

I would buy more but my parents won't let me because I already have one. (Why would you need 2? You already have one! Don't spend money on stuff you don't need, spend it on food and blah blah blah....) :( :( :( :(
Thats exactly how my parents are... all I hope is that I can get some tama-gos with my own money before they're off the shelves... :(

I just recently started carrying my tamagotchi around school with me again. (i'm a senior in high school) Now my friends all want them. They've threatened to steal mine! My cousins, who are older than me are searching for theirs in old boxes from when they were kids. i adore tamagotchis! they're great for my ADD and sooo much fun! i will admit that i don't care much for the Tama-go but thats because tamagotchis are pocket pets! not backpack pets! being a female I have tiny pockets that don't allow room for much but a tamagotchi fits perfectly! go back to the original size! pretty please! :) :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back