Is Bandai America Going to STOP making Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They already stopped selling the Tama-Gos here in Australia. The only shop I ever saw them in was Woolworths, and it was only for a short time. They stopped selling them in Toys R Us because I looked at their site and there was no trace of TMGC. I heard that Bandai America is going to stop making Tamagotchis because of the Tama-Go's low popularity. Furthermore, they don't want to release a color TMGC because it would cost 50$ and they think nobody would buy such an expensive toy. It's heart breaking, but it looks like Tama-fans are going to have to move to Japan...
I live in Australia too. It is very sad. I was walking through Toys R Us when I heard a girl saying "Hey, Tamagotchi! I remeber these!". She had a look, then walked off. That was when I stumbled over the new Tama-Go. There were only a small amount shown. I somewhat DID find a v3-v4.5 skin (unexpectedly). They used to have them at Myers at around 2008, I haven't seen one since from there.

I really hope they don't stop selling Tamagotchis outside of Japan! It's so expensive to order one from there! It's just because the Tama-Go didn't sell well, right? Hey, I have an idea! Bandai wants to make Tamas cool again, so everybody will buy one and tamas will get popular again, but (judging by their last FAILED attempt, the Tama-Go) they clearly don't know how to make people want to buy one. Us Tama fans know what people want to see in a tama, at least alot more than Bandai does, and I've really heard some great ideas here for new tamagotchis here on TamaTalk! So, (if one of us manages to email them and get a response from a real person, not an automated response) maybe we could let Bandai know about what features people want in a tama, and we could tell them some cool advertising ideas! I'm totally serious! Maybe, just MAYBE, if someone from Bandai were to read one of our emails, they might realize what great ideas we gave them, and then they might take our advice, and make a tama everyone would think was cool! If Bandai makes just one version of tama that sells well, they could start another tama-craze like the one there was a few years ago! And then they would keep making tamas! It probably won't work, but it's worth a try, what have we got to lose? Anybody agree? WE CAN SAVE TAMAGOTCHI!!!!

Noooo don't stop making tamagotchis theyre like the must sucesful things evr!!! Together e can save tamagotchi and even beter make a tanagotchi movie!!! I hope they don't stop or I'll be so mad!!!

I wonder what we should do??? I mean really every one here want to keep Tamagotchi alive! :)

If Bandai had released the iD-l in America, tamagotchi would've still been popular!!!! Just becasue of the Tama-Go fail...

I like what you are saying. but instead of one person sending an email, have many people send an email. it will get the message across a lot better. :D

So, does anybody have Bandai's email address? I will gladly send them an email. And I hope lots of others do too! OH MY GOSH IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER THIS MIGHT WORK! Okay. I need to calm down. :mellow:

well, looks like I should start saving up for all those super expensive tamas before tamagotchi no longer exists....

I personally think that they need to ADVERTISE OUTSIDE OF THEIR LIL COUNTRY JAPAN! i dont mean to sound rude but... lots of tamagotchis sold exclusively in Japan cost over 100-400 dollars for us outside of japan! Do you know how hard that is for us bandai? I will not buy a 400 dollar tamagotchi and im sure about 80% of us here would agree on that!

Again, Tamagotchi LIFE is not a tamagotchi. It's a clothing brand that is going to have a vintage app with it.

Also, the most simplest way to avoid the high prices is to pre order the new tamagotchi toys from websites. ;) They have reasonable prices when they are first released.

All of you are saying that bandai's attempt to sell tama-gos was a fail well i disagree.I have a tama-go and I love it.The reason it didn't sell well was because there were things like Ipod touches,Iphones,Ipads etc.I tried to get my friends iterested in tamagotchi by bringing mine to school.But sadly technology has improved so much that when I told my friends that it was a tamagotchi I was showing them none of them had even heard of it.Sure they thought it was cute at first but then they thought tamagotchis were a waste of time because you had to constantly look after them while Ipod stuff,Ipad stuff etc. etc. you could just play with and then turn off.I found that frustrating and stood by my choice to play with tamagotchis no matter what they said about it being a waste of time.So I guess what I'm really trying to say is maybe bandai could try to make tamagotchis that are a little more advanced in technology and a little more low matinence and maybe they could start the tama craze all over again.I love tamagotchi and I'm trying to get two of my new friends to get interested in tamagotchi.But this might be a waste of time considering that most stores that used to carry tamagotchi now haven't gotten any in months.I just got three gotchi figures for my tama-go but they were the last three on clearance at zellers.I went there after checking walmart which sadly hadn't gotten any tama stuff for over six months.SO bandai should try to make newer more advance tamagotchis instead of quitting just because one generation of tamas didn't sell well cause people were interested in other things.DON'T STOP THE TAMAGOTCHIS.KEEP MAKING THE TAMAGOTCHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you are saying that bandai's attempt to sell tama-gos was a fail well i disagree.I have a tama-go and I love it.The reason it didn't sell well was because there were things like Ipod touches,Iphones,Ipads etc.I tried to get my friends iterested in tamagotchi by bringing mine to school.But sadly technology has improved so much that when I told my friends that it was a tamagotchi I was showing them none of them had even heard of it.Sure they thought it was cute at first but then they thought tamagotchis were a waste of time because you had to constantly look after them while Ipod stuff,Ipad stuff etc. etc. you could just play with and then turn off.I found that frustrating and stood by my choice to play with tamagotchis no matter what they said about it being a waste of time.So I guess what I'm really trying to say is maybe bandai could try to make tamagotchis that are a little more advanced in technology and a little more low matinence and maybe they could start the tama craze all over again.I love tamagotchi and I'm trying to get two of my new friends to get interested in tamagotchi.But this might be a waste of time considering that most stores that used to carry tamagotchi now haven't gotten any in months.I just got three gotchi figures for my tama-go but they were the last three on clearance at zellers.I went there after checking walmart which sadly hadn't gotten any tama stuff for over six months.SO bandai should try to make newer more advance tamagotchis instead of quitting just because one generation of tamas didn't sell well cause people were interested in other things.DON'T STOP THE TAMAGOTCHIS.KEEP MAKING THE TAMAGOTCHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agree with you. But I don't have a tama-go because my parents won't buy me one, they say it's too expensive and that you should spend money on what you need not on what you want. (and there's another reason why it's not selling.) Oh, and I think I know another reason why it's not selling apart from that. I think there are people out there who want a tamagotchi but won't buy one because they're afraid they'll get teased or something.

I totally agree with you. But I don't have a tama-go because my parents won't buy me one, they say it's too expensive and that you should spend money on what you need not on what you want. (and there's another reason why it's not selling.) Oh, and I think I know another reason why it's not selling apart from that. I think there are people out there who want a tamagotchi but won't buy one because they're afraid they'll get teased or something.
yes I agree with you right now at my school almost everyone thinks that tamagotchi is uncool so if anyone really liked tamagotchi then they wouldn't have gotten one when they had the chance because they thought everyone would tease them and their friends would ditch them. :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi:

Tamagotchi may die out, but it doesn't mean everybody will magically lose them. we will at least get what we have.

I do think, however, Bandai is making an effort to bring it back with the tamagotchi L.I.F.E. stuff.

There is a slim chance we will see tamagotchi again in US or Europe, but who knows? At least we'll have Japan XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back