....It Hurts....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoria

Reaction score
I cry over this alot, it's tearing me apart.

I had a boyfriend... named Marvin.

He moved.

I only talk to him on MSN like, once every three weeks. It's unbeleievable how much I loved him, I'd go over to his house and stay with him for hours. We'd play games and junk, watch TV, or sometimes, just sit for hours on end... kissing, hugging. (Not to sound mushy.)

I'd even sleep over at his house occasionally. My mom dissaprooved of it cause she thought of... some nasty things.

I miss him beyond miss him. Going to school, coming home, I've been bottling up my emotions. I have no-one to talk to, at all. He was the only one I could tell my troubles, and he'd give good advice...

So now what?

There is this boy named William. He's so darn funny and good-humored... Heh, I have a crush on him. I told Marvin this over MSN a few minutes ago, and he told me I need to let him go and move on. He lives about half-way around the world now, in Australia. I live in Canada.

His eyes just make me wanna die, melt. But I can never hold his gaze too long, I look away in embarrasement. I asked him out and he acted completely rude about it... but later he was nice again. He can sometimes be a total jerk and really nice...

The problem is, I'm 10. He's 10. His maturity level is very lowwww. Marvin and Me; we kinda... thought over our age. But none of the other males in the school are that mature, they go all "ewww" around the girls and junk. *sigh* And judge you %100 on your looks. William does too. What am I going to do? I can't go on like this! And I can't meet new people outside of my school! Should I wait till middle school...? :lol:

He's right- you do need to let go of this other relationship. You can still be friends and chat but at ten, you probably won't even keep an in person dating relationship going much less a long distance one.

I'd say don't try to force yourself into dating, especially now. Guys maturity is changing and most, to put it simply, at this age don't have any to begin with. It's not worth putting yourself in this situation because you both are going to mature and change, especially during these years. The reason people say wait till you are 16 and higher is becaue by this point both girls and guys are becoming more like adults and not changing maturity wise. Even then there are some reeeaaalllyyy immature guys. ;]

Just keep that in mind.

Just my opinion on this, so dont take it personal, but you shouldnt be dating! You are 10 years old and you have TONS of time ahead of you to flirt with boys and date and have crushes and REALLY fall in love, but at 10 years old you are supposed to have fun being a kid, I know you probably hear it alot but, enjoy it while it lasts, I never enjoyed being a kid and I was in a rush to grow up and I missed it =( You will find the perfect one when you are older, and trust me, all these little boys are nothing and you will just get hurt. You can always have friends that are boys, and they can be your best friend in the world, and if you were meant to be together, then you will stay friends until you are really ready for a relationship.

I know that you are probably thinking "She doesnt know me, Im mature enough to have a boyfriend! 10 is old enough! Shes just judgemental." But Im not, I have a 10 year old sister who still lives at home with my mother and I couldnt imagine her ever dating, kissing, or even hugging a boy. She is still in that "Boys are cute and I have a crush on one but I will never admit it cause....they have cooties!" stage lol so I am a little biased on the dating at such a young age thing. Just keep in mind you will have tons of time for boys as you get older hun.

DO what YOUR heart says.

Talk to your parents, or school consular. They will help you. If you are in depresion, talk to your teacher. She'll know why you are down in school, and that sort of things.

mametchi ;)

A lot of info in a small post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, not to be rude or anything, but aren't u a little too young for boyfriends? Ur only 10. I'm 12 and I still dont have a boyfriend ( I have a crush on somebody though ;) Shhhh). I think the right age for boyfriend/girlfriends are 13 or 14. But everyone's different. Sorry if I sound rude. I think the solution to ur problem is to let William go. Find some other cute guy that is mature and like u for who u r. Follow ur heart. Hope I helped. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont ever set a date for when you will be ready for love. It may come around the corner at any time. Dont reject something so wonderful because of the amount of years you've been around. If it happens tomorrow, great, if it happens when you are 18, great. Regardless of your age (be it 10 or 30) you always have to be careful when it comes to love. Keep your head up hon, you have a lot of immature boys to plow through before you'll find one worth your time.

Your Heart is saying a lot on this topic. As is your mind telling you what to do when your heart says the other.

You want love... I can tell, am I wrong? :)

Please listen

You seem nice, and so do they. You miss him, don't you? but you want to let him go? Please - take my advice...

Be yourself... Ignore this all for a while, boys are cool but not your life. Hang with this new guy you like - but just be yourself. Talk to the guy you miss - maybe just say "Hi" but not "I miss you!!!" 'cause.. you don't... I have a feeling you dont understand 1/2 the stuff I'm saying. Sure you miss him - but you don't "miss" him. See? No? I figured...

Wanna know why you dont? Your 10.

Be yourself That's all I have to say

-Kawaii

aren't u too too young to be kissing? i'm 12 and i never kissed a boy or even had a boyfriend.

not to be mean.

But i think u should get on with life. u r only 10, i'm sure you'll find a better guy soon.

Your Heart is saying a lot on this topic. As is your mind telling you what to do when your heart says the other.
You want love... I can tell, am I wrong? :(

Please listen

You seem nice, and so do they. You miss him, don't you? but you want to let him go? Please - take my advice...

Be yourself... Ignore this all for a while, boys are cool but not your life. Hang with this new guy you like - but just be yourself. Talk to the guy you miss - maybe just say "Hi" but not "I miss you!!!" 'cause.. you don't... I have a feeling you dont understand 1/2 the stuff I'm saying. Sure you miss him - but you don't "miss" him. See? No? I figured...

Wanna know why you dont? Your 10.

Be yourself That's all I have to say

-Kawaii
Not to be rude, but age has nothing to do with this. Like Trilby said, be it 10 or 30, you don't want to go pushing away something so wonderful. I guess when it comes, it comes.

Boys may not be my life, but he was also my best friend. I've known him since I was two, and it really hurts to have him leave...

It's hard to ignore, because, of course, it's going to hurt. It was just a month ago he moved. But thanks for the advice... and everyone else.

Aw, how cute ^^

Now, I'm going to totally contradict what I just said before.

Love is at emergency status. Not doing well. I've seen my life fall apart in front of me because I saw my parents divorce, so did Josh. We built everything back up again, and saw it fall flat at the crash.

I've seen love die. I can still remember my parents screaming at each other over the phone when I was young. My dad has had 3 girlfriends since my mum and everytime there's been heart break.

It's up to you, but you don't have to watch your life crumble.

I still say, listen to your heart but think of how you'll feel if you get involved and break up with him.

Just, do you what feel is right.

I cry over this alot, it's tearing me apart.
I had a boyfriend... named Marvin.

He moved.

I only talk to him on MSN like, once every three weeks. It's unbeleievable how much I loved him, I'd go over to his house and stay with him for hours. We'd play games and junk, watch TV, or sometimes, just sit for hours on end... kissing, hugging. (Not to sound mushy.)

I'd even sleep over at his house occasionally. My mom dissaprooved of it cause she thought of... some nasty things.

I miss him beyond miss him. Going to school, coming home, I've been bottling up my emotions. I have no-one to talk to, at all. He was the only one I could tell my troubles, and he'd give good advice...

So now what?

There is this boy named William. He's so darn funny and good-humored... Heh, I have a crush on him. I told Marvin this over MSN a few minutes ago, and he told me I need to let him go and move on. He lives about half-way around the world now, in Australia. I live in Canada.

His eyes just make me wanna die, melt. But I can never hold his gaze too long, I look away in embarrasement. I asked him out and he acted completely rude about it... but later he was nice again. He can sometimes be a total jerk and really nice...

The problem is, I'm 10. He's 10. His maturity level is very lowwww. Marvin and Me; we kinda... thought over our age. But none of the other males in the school are that mature, they go all "ewww" around the girls and junk. *sigh* And judge you %100 on your looks. William does too. What am I going to do? I can't go on like this! And I can't meet new people outside of my school! Should I wait till middle school...? ;)
i no u love him and stuf but,... UR ONLY FRIGGIN 10! im turning 15 next month and ive never slept over at a dudes house and u stay over at his house just to hug and kiss him?! sorry im freaking out but my little bro is 10 and he seems so mutch like my little baby still so i cant every even EMAGINE that he would (or u would) do anyhting like that at such a yong age! i no ur probubly mature'n'stuff but just lay low for awile, enjoy ur childhood, and NO SLEEPING OVER AT BOYS HOUSES lol! but ok, im gonna prentend ur not 10 for a sec and give u real advise....im sorry to say but there is not mutch u can do, it sounds like he wants to move on, mabey u should too, boys mature slower that gurls so, once they hits pubery, theyll LOVE u! lol, there are plenty of other guys, even though u loved him

i no u love him and stuf but,... UR ONLY FRIGGIN 10! im turning 15 next month and ive never slept over at a dudes house and u stay over at his house just to hug and kiss him?! sorry im freaking out but my little bro is 10 and he seems so mutch like my little baby still so i cant every even EMAGINE that he would (or u would) do anyhting like that at such a yong age! i no ur probubly mature'n'stuff but just lay low for awile, enjoy ur childhood, and NO SLEEPING OVER AT BOYS HOUSES lol! but ok, im gonna prentend ur not 10 for a sec and give u real advise....im sorry to say but there is not mutch u can do, it sounds like he wants to move on, mabey u should too, boys mature slower that gurls so, once they hits pubery, theyll LOVE u! lol, there are plenty of other guys, even though u loved him
o im sorry did i sound mean? i dint mean to be mean , but u have to agree with us, most of us think ur a little too yong for this stuff

Just my opinion on this, so dont take it personal, but you shouldnt be dating! You are 10 years old and you have TONS of time ahead of you to flirt with boys and date and have crushes and REALLY fall in love, but at 10 years old you are supposed to have fun being a kid, I know you probably hear it alot but, enjoy it while it lasts, I never enjoyed being a kid and I was in a rush to grow up and I missed it =( You will find the perfect one when you are older, and trust me, all these little boys are nothing and you will just get hurt. You can always have friends that are boys, and they can be your best friend in the world, and if you were meant to be together, then you will stay friends until you are really ready for a relationship.
I know that you are probably thinking "She doesnt know me, Im mature enough to have a boyfriend! 10 is old enough! Shes just judgemental." But Im not, I have a 10 year old sister who still lives at home with my mother and I couldnt imagine her ever dating, kissing, or even hugging a boy. She is still in that "Boys are cute and I have a crush on one but I will never admit it cause....they have cooties!" stage lol so I am a little biased on the dating at such a young age thing. Just keep in mind you will have tons of time for boys as you get older hun.
took the words right outa my moulth sista! lol ;) i gota a 10 year old little sibling too! same thing here

Doglover10, I've slept over at a boys house before. We've been friends since kindergarten. I dont see the big deal, unless you start getting intimate :/

You miss Marvin, don't you?

Your missing him so much, it's gotten you confused. Your not sure what to do anymore. You got so used to him being there, but now that he has left, you feel as if you can't adapt. You miss how warm you used to feel in his arms, and the times you spent alone.

It sounds like you really loved him.

I'm not going to say, ''get over it, and move on. its not worth ur trouble!"

Want to know what I'm going to say?

I'm going to say, "Not letting go means you strong enough to hold on." *points to siggy*

You may love Marvin for a long time, and may not be ready for another boyfriend. But you have all the time in the world to find somebody new. For now, it's ok to miss Marvin and love him.

Of course, eventually you'll have to move on. There's no use trying to light a fire with a used match.

Just wait until your ready. You'll know when that is.

Doglover10, I've slept over at a boys house before. We've been friends since kindergarten. I dont see the big deal, unless you start getting intimate :/
You miss Marvin, don't you?

Your missing him so much, it's gotten you confused. Your not sure what to do anymore. You got so used to him being there, but now that he has left, you feel as if you can't adapt. You miss how warm you used to feel in his arms, and the times you spent alone.

It sounds like you really loved him.

I'm not going to say, ''get over it, and move on. its not worth ur trouble!"

Want to know what I'm going to say?

I'm going to say, "Not letting go means you strong enough to hold on." *points to siggy*

You may love Marvin for a long time, and may not be ready for another boyfriend. But you have all the time in the world to find somebody new. For now, it's ok to miss Marvin and love him.

Of course, eventually you'll have to move on. There's no use trying to light a fire with a used match.

Just wait until your ready. You'll know when that is.
TGD... thanks alot. No one really understands how I feel, unless, your young and a hopeless lover. xP

Everyone is all: "OMG YOUR SO YOUNG!" But really... age has nothing to do with this, as I've said, but everyone is giving me some good advice, so thank you all.

TGD... thanks alot. No one really understands how I feel, unless, your young and a hopeless lover. xPEveryone is all: "OMG YOUR SO YOUNG!" But really... age has nothing to do with this, as I've said, but everyone is giving me some good advice, so thank you all.
Your welcome. :D

I know how you feel...I'm young, and a helpless lover as well. xP

If you need to talk to somebody, feel free to PM me.

I agree with TGD. :] When love comes, it comes. It's so annoying to hear people say "OMG U R 2 YOUNG!!!!!1111" Because you're not. Age isn't part of love. Love is for everyone, not 16+ or whatever. And Zoria...I won't say I know how you feel, because I don't. I do know what it is like to lose contact with a best friend, but me and that best friend are still communicating, and not being able to talk to your best friend and not being able to talk to your boyfriend are two different things. So..I don't know how you feel, but I'm sorry. It must be an awful feeling :[ William sounds immature. =/ Every boy at my school is a stupid brat. X_X Have you tried calling Marvin? :D Maybe you can talk more often...but still, it won't be the same as really being in his arms. I'm so sorry. :mimitchi:

Well...I feel awfully bad for you. I even know exactly how you feel. ):~

I've gone down that path way before.

I know it's hard. And you'll always think in your head. *I'll never find someone as good as him* but as life goes on...You will. :) ~ If I can get over my past love of my life. You can too. ^_^ )/)

Remember you still have the rest of your life still ahead of you!!

I found someone even better then my first love...♥

Perhaps you will too!

Good luck! And dry up those tears. :3~♥

Oh, you're talking a bout how it hurt hurts because you miss him so much? I think I got side tracked! xP

Can you call him? If you can, talk to him. It may be hard because you are so far away but just how his day was, how yours was, etc. Another cool thing to do is write letters. Bored one day in school [of course in FREE TIME, not while the teacher is teaching ;D], write him a letter. I love getting letters- it makes me feel more special than an email because letters require more effort. It's so exciting to get a nice note once in a while and I really encourage it. ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back