Kid dies after immitating a cartoon.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sand is really heavy. Once, at a volleyball court at the park my friends buried me (eccept for my head obviously) about 5"in under and There was no way I could get out. Also at the beach there is quicksand sometimes and I fell in up to my waist and my family had to pull me out.

I think what a lot of adults and parents think is that cartoons are harmless.Like for instance, if this was something live action, like a movie, parents usually don't let their young kids watch it. But it seems most parents think cartoons are innocent, so they don't keep them from watching.

Parents need to monitor what their kids are watching, cartoon and live action. Especially if they have easily influenced kids.
Or if one of the only time's it air's on weekday's is at 10:30 pm EST, Weekends at 9:00 pm EST. Dead give away it's not for younger kids.

The parent's should have been the least bit envolved, and I still bet them kid's were envolved. If me and my brother and his friend's did that, and Jacob started to thrash around I woulda pulled him out right away.

The one thing I want to know is what kind of 10-year-old boy would be stupid enough to try and imitate such a stunt?
The kind that grew up in Everett.

Our school system isn't that great. The part of Everett(N. Everett) the boy lived in is really trashy as well. The schools and neighborhoods there are terrible.

The kind that grew up in Everett.Our school system isn't that great. The part of Everett(N. Everett) the boy lived in is really trashy as well. The schools and neighborhoods there are terrible.
But in that YT report, it said the neighborhood he lived in was filled with kid's and safe enough to leave your bike out at night x.x

Well I guess Everett has something in common with Jacksonville. The school system's suck (Lol I r in gifted) and the kid's aren't the brightest either.

But in that YT report, it said the neighborhood he lived in was filled with kid's and safe enough to leave your bike out at night x.x
Well I guess Everett has something in common with Jacksonville. The school system's suck (Lol I r in gifted) and the kid's aren't the brightest either.
-Edit-

Oh jeez o.o

I heard before it was in North Everett, but it was in South. Actually right near my old house XD

I that case, there's no excuse for these kids stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just . . . wow. . . it's almost ridiculous. . . I mean, Kid, why are you burying yourself in sand? Did he not see that in the episode they die?!?! I mean jeese.

I just can totally not believe they are blaming Naruto for this. I am almost positive that there are other shows thet have people dying in creepy ways. There are not any "disturbing" images either, it's just like any other show.

I do feel for the family though, knowing that Naruto gave him the idea to do this. I bet the were pretty mad.

That's just . . . wow. . . it's almost ridiculous. . . I mean, Kid, why are you burying yourself in sand? Did he not see that in the episode they die?!?! I mean jeese.
I just can totally not believe they are blaming Naruto for this. I am almost positive that there are other shows thet have people dying in creepy ways. There are not any "disturbing" images either, it's just like any other show.

I do feel for the family though, knowing that Naruto gave him the idea to do this. I bet the were pretty mad.
I think what makes this such a controversy is that it wasn't just some person that died doing something stupid.

It was a little boy imitating a cartoon.

Cartoons are looked at as kid friendly, and this puts eyes on adults that Naruto isn't kid friendly.

I looked at a related video where a highschool student copied Death Note, writing kids names in his own version of the book, thats disturbing.
Now to the subject, They shouldn't blame the show. If they take Naruto off the air because of this I will be beyond mad.
Me too. I am in love with Shikamaru and if they take Naruto off air, I will start a strike!I also got this username from a Naruto fan couple. Temari is a sand ninja as well as Gaara.

-Temari Nara

I haven't heard that.

He's 10. A fifth grader should know not to bury themselves in sand.

But wow, that's really sad. I would hate so much to die in sand. Trying to breathe, but not being able to....*shivers*

I wonder if he was disabled....that might explain something.

Well thats an idiotic thing to do.

As for the taking things off the air...for complete and total safety--because you know, all of us minors don't know anything--we're all completaly STUPID so we can't even watch anime!--they'd have to take off every signel show, and then, then they'd have to lock everyone in a steel room.

=/ But knowing that crazed weird parents exist, it most likely will.

Lols. xD Naruto is DISTURBIN', yo. And so is Hamtaro!

Me too. I am in love with Shikamaru and if they take Naruto off air, I will start a strike!I also got this username from a Naruto fan couple. Temari is a sand ninja as well as Gaara.

-Temari Nara
I know, Shikamaru Nara xD I'm just glad to see Naruto fan's on TT expressing they're loyalty.

If they take it off the air because of this I will join ya Tem! I mean dude, atleast put it on Adult Swim when it reaches Shippuden. More stupid stunt's to copy appear in Shippuden. T_T

And SK, did they confuse the North for South? x.x

i knew the kid he was like retarded and now they might take naruto off the air because "iffluencing the wrong thing" oh well! the kid was dumb enough to do that!

It just goes to show...

Don't bury yourself in sand :D

Wow. I have not heard about that. It's just... wow. What my question is: Where were the parents? Shouldn't they be supervising their kids? 'Cause even though they're ten, you can never be too sure.

I mean, not being able to breathe... ooh, that's scary. I would hate to die like that. :D But it's really sad what happened to him. But it was stupid on the kid's part, burying himself in sand. I mean come on, it's a cartoon! Anything can happen in cartoons. Human's don't have those "powers" that the characters have!

But still... it was really sad. :angry:

As you said, that's old news. ^^
But otherwise, I'd blame the parents for not installing any sense of logic into the child. I mean, he's ten. Most ten-year-olds know that not everything they see on television is physically possible. Hell, I knew this when I was four. And besides that, that specific anime he was watching is not even intended for ten-year olds, so I don't see how anyone can make a substantial argument blaming the anime.
I know I wouldn't have done that when I was five. And this dude was ten.

I wouldn't blame the anime. Blame the parents.

And about him not digging himself out ((to whoever said this)), well, have you ever been in a scary situation where you can't think straight? When you want to do something heoroic ((Spell check plz?)) and brave but just end up panicking? Then later you thought "Oh I should have done THIS instead! Ugh!" Well, I think that was the situation the little kid was in. He was probably panicking from not being able to breathe. But unfortunately he didn't have the 'later' time to think about what he could have done instead.

ALSO: I've had a friend who imitated a cartoon. She was 11 and tied her bedsheets together, tied them to her bedpost and jumped out a 2nd story window. I think she did that for attention because when it happened she wasn't embarassed about it. She was showing off the bruises and telling everyone she broke her back, when she clearly didn't. She wasn't in the hospital or paralyzed so.. And also I know her to be smarter than that.

Heehee a nice long post XD

Na-ROO-toe? WTH? I don't watch much TV, and I can pronounce that. It's Na-roo-TOE. I don't even watch Naruto. x.x Because I didn't start watching it when it came out, it's too confusing for me...

It's really sad but I blame the parents. Seriously, they should have taught what was safe and not safe. Heck, I knew not to bury myself in sand when I was 5. He's 10! I would seriously hate to die in sand though. Trying to get oxygen, but you get sand instead...scary...!

What I wanna know is..............Were did he get a sandbox that big o_O
You're right...where DID he get all that sand?!?!?!? o.o

Don't forget dear Palm Coast >.>

I can actually see some of the kids in my neighborhood doing that, it kinda scares me.

Don't forget dear Palm Coast >.>
I can actually see some of the kids in my neighborhood doing that, it kinda scares me.
Oh yes, Palm Coast. And New York, major cities always have low Education systems nowadays.

I can see several of the kid's in my neighborhood and local school's alone do these stunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back