Languages other than English?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I study languages for fun, on occasion.

I speak fluently/to some degree of proficiency English, a Chinese dialect spoken by my mother's side of the family, and Mandarin Chinese. The three foreign languages I know best are French, Japanese, and Swedish--pretty much only read these three

Last edited by a moderator:
I speak English,Spanish,and trying to learn Japanese learning the basic words so soon i'll be able to speak some more importantly understand it

Oh yeah, I also tried to learn Polish like two years ago, but I gave up because I couldn't get the hang of pronouncing all the different letters.
I go to the languages club at my school (actually I AM the languages club...not really a club and more a person...yay) and I do 6 weeks of each different language. I COMPLETELY agree about the pronunciation, when I did Polish I'd just pronounce everything horribly wrong, the equivalent of saying "Tamagotchi" as "Tumogashy". Seriously. :p

Well, my first langueage is Swedish, I'm pretty much fluent in English, half decent in French, and I know some basic Japanese; self teaching with Tae Kim's Japanese grammar app, and various courses on memrise.

Reactions: Box
I'm fluent in Australian, American, Canadian, British and New Zealandish. im so good xoxo, very fleunt.

I know a bit of Italian, studying French this term and I am trying to self teach myself Japanese, I've learnt both alphabets and I know words and some phrases, I'm getting there slowly :p

Well my first language is Welsh, I was brought up speaking it because I live in Wales. I couldn't speak English till I was about 5, but now I rarely use Welsh. With my family I tend to switch between languages. Like I'll start talking in English and switch into Welsh half way through a sentence.

I study Welsh at school, and also did French and Spanish and I did learn some German but I only did Spanish for a year, and French for 2 so I didnt really learn much.

I'm actually half japanese but I only know a couple of Japanese words. I know a bit Filipino language.

im fluent in english, learning german (ap level), have taken semesters of french and spanish, and learned hebrew for 3 years, though i forgot most of it. :p

i'm bilingual in english and cantonese chinese. took french in 4th grade, spanish in high school, and a semester of mandarin chinese in college. i would love to learn more of all, as well as japanese!

I speak Korean and English. I take Japanese at school. 3 missing assignments...oops.

I speak English,Spanish,and trying to learn Japanese learning the basic words so soon i'll be able to speak some more importantly understand it
Well I'm going to Spanish class to learn more Spanish such as writing and read boy do I suck I was supposed to be better at talking Spanish instead of English oops

My first language is English, but my best second language is probably Latin; hoping to take the Latin SAT in December, and possibly the AP exam in May.

I've done a little Japanese (very, very little lol), I recently started French in school, and I've been practicing some Swedish. :p

English is my first language, but I'm currently learning spanish in school, and I'm learning Japanese at home.

Omigosh I loveeee learning languages.

Although I think my enthusiasm is definitely greater than skill!

Okay so I've become pretty much fluent in French over the years - I went to France last year speaking, like, none, and I had some kinda embarrassing moments in shops and stuff...

And then for my new year's resolution I decided to learn it properly (well actually I discovered that my years of french studying had sunk into my brain and all I needed to do now that I'd learnt some vocab was to apply my skills and learn how to form sentences and stuff.)

So anyway I made an account on one of my favourite games - on a French server. It was amazing, seriously, if you ever want to learn a language and engage with it, I fully recommend conversing with people from that country on a topic or game that you love.

Hey, wait, it's TT!!

So anyway, my other languages include Latin - every week I go to a Latin Mass which might have something to do with my motivation lol - and Italian, Swedish, Japanese..

And does Python programming count as a language?

Mmmm no? Bahhh, okay then...

In high school I took two semesters of French (French 1 and 2) but hopefully next semester for college I'll be taking a break and having a "fun semester" to pursue French again! (Or maybe even Japanese) :D

English is my main tongue, but I also speak Chinese (mother tongue) and Spanish (studied for five years throughout middle and high school, and received a 5 on the AP). I'm now studying German in university, and have decided to major in it as well. So much fun :wub:

I live in Finland, so Finnish is my native language ^_^ I've studied Swedish for five years in school. I understand pretty much Estonian language bc my grandparents live there. Also I've learned a little bit Japanese by myself and I know hiraganas~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back