Middle School

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm going into Middle School next year, and I was wondering if any of you helpful Tamatalkers had some tips!

I chose Seriously Non-Tamatalk because I don't want tips like "Bullies." I want tips to help me get through the day, especially the first day.

Thanks guys!

~Storms

Only bring neccesities. You won't need that 64-pack of crayons, scissors, glue, and 20 pencils on the first day xD

And be prepared to have nutcase teachers o_o

I would:

-Keep your locker neat

-Try to be on time for class/school (everyday)

-As blue♣slip said, be prepared for the nutcase/crazy teachers @__@

-Don't be suprised if there are swarms of cliques

-Pay attention

-Do exactly as your teachers say (except there a nutcase...)

Hope I helped!~

Here are some helpful middle school tips which I've learned from expirience, and of course, trial and error!

~Always stay on top of your school work, I'm a procrastinater, and that's not good. Do you schoolwork, and projects earlier than the date do, and then you don't have to think about it anymore.

~Be to class on time every day, and on your best behavior, trust me, teachers do not like late students , or ones who goof off during class, and especially, the ones that come into class late, and goof off during class. :lol:

~Don't be worried if passing period looks like a sea of people, that's okay, it's normal, just make your way through, and be prepared to get stepped on sometimes.

~Be prepared for a little more homework, and projects. There may also be weekend homework, and some time-consuming projects.

Trust me, you'll be just fine, making it through the first day of middle school is a piece of cake, I made it, and I also made it through my freshman year of high school. Hope I helped!!! -_- :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only bring neccesities. You won't need that 64-pack of crayons, scissors, glue, and 20 pencils on the first day xD
And be prepared to have nutcase teachers o_o
I agree.

Both my writing teachers were nutheads so far.

Oh and get a BIG backpack. And don't be afraid of zippered binders with straps. :rolleyes:

-Keep locker neat or you'll be late for class, buried under books!

-Bring your homework in on time or, detention.

-Be sure to come to class prepared.

-Come to class on time.

-Meet new friends.

Hope I helped! :rolleyes: I'm going in 7th grade next year, so I kind of know what to expect.

And one more thing...you'll be switching classes.

-Temari Nara

Aha. Middle School was a night mare for me... Okies..

~Just bring a pen and a notebook on the first day.

~Be prepared to sign a ton of stuff.

~Try to memorize your schedule on your first day.

Uhm.. Sorry I couldn't help much.

1. MAKE SURE you at least kinda memorize your classes at the emd of the day.

2. It is ok if you walk into the wrong class. Everyone does it.

3. If you have friends going to the school already don't just stick to them the whole day. Make new friends.

4. Don't hang little key-chains on your backpack (only unless it is some sort of card that says who it belongs to otherwise they get stuck). Instead you can pin pins on it.

5. Memorize your locker code.

6. Don't buy a Hannah Montanna or Jonas Brothers backpack. It WILL get killed on your first day (a girl had a hannah montana backpack in 6th grade. Lets just say if there is a speach bubble comming out of her mouth with innapropriate things...you will get detention. Even if you did not do it)

So....yeah that is about all from me.

P.S. watch out for the 8th graders. I loved pulling pranks on the sixes last year.

andsomemore:

It's okay to get lost on the first day, they can't really blame you.

Always carry around like a candy bar or a little bag of chips or something in case you get hungry.

EDIT: yes, watching out for eight graders is a wise idea xD

[SIZE=7pt]^ Hey, not all eight graders are like that. I'm graduating grade 8, I should know. :p [/SIZE]

(But still watch out. Some kids are a little mean. Sadly.)

The teachers, in my opinion, aren't all going to be "nutcases."

It's kind of like a miniature version of High School.

Yes I'm scared. I'm still in an elementary school. JK-Grade 8.

And since I am going to High School in September, I can tell you that the teachers I have met at my future school are very nice and understanding. Bet you've got to be prepared for the first day, seriously. It may only be the first day, but you have to give your teachers a good impression, right? Make sure that you have all of your supplies, (pencils, notebooks, etc.) and keep a mini schedule in your bag, and look at where you need to go next between classes. It's normal to be scared. try to relax, because Middle School was never a "nightmare" for any of the people I know. :D In fact, they all love it. When it comes to your peers, yeah, that's a toughie. There is some mean girls out there, and the best thing that you can do is be nice if they talk to you, and ignore them otherwise. You're there for school, not a dramafest. Locker combination? Try your best to remember it. Sit with your friends at lunch, but be open to making new friends too. Be yourself! Being cool isn't everything. Trust me, been there, done that.

Check this out. It's a whole page of tips. ;)

I hope that your first day goes well.

I think that you'll do great.

So, don't stress about it. Especially this summer.

It's time to relax. :D

^ Hey, not all eight graders are like that. I'm graduating grade 8, I should know. :wacko: (But still watch out. Some kids are a little mean. Sadly.)
I know, I know. But the eigth graders at my school like freaking out the new sixies. like

"Hawo weetle Cheewdwen! Hao AWE yew? I WUURRRVVE yo backback awight bai nao"

and get all up in their face and stuff like that. For my school, it's the majority of them xD

and yes, some can be mean. But not always. When me and my frinds were 6th graders, we made friends with the biggest guy in the eigth-grade football team, who got held back twice and was 16 years old xD

He was our bus buddy :3

We never see him that much anymore now, because he's a big-ol-highschooler now =P

Weel yeah. So don't limit yourself to the kinds of friends you can make, too xD

Yeah I remember my friends and I decided to make this 6th grader feel welcome. We got the idea from an MCR video, I'm Not Okay (for any My Chem fans the part where Frank pops out of the locker) to pop out of her little sisters locker with a cupcake. I was in the locker because I was the smallest of my friends. It was really funny.

This is what I've learned this year in middle school.

Stay organized.

Study and try hard.

Make new friends.

Get to class on time.

Behave during lessons.

Don't abuse your studyhalls.

And have fun!

Don't be nervous. You'll get used to things in the first few weeks.

Take time to clean out your locker after school! Since I live out in the country, I had to take the bus every day and the bus waits for NO one. On the last day of school I was the last one cleaning out my locker and it was really weird pulling out stuff and not knowing what it was. People would walk bye, see the mess and just stare at me!

There is nothing to worry about. It's just like elementary school except with more people and lockers.

• TIPS:
  • Be Yourself.
  • Only be friends with people who accept you for who you are, not what you look like or what you have.
  • Stay out of trouble.

Thats pretty much it, the first couple days you might feel small, like you can't find your way around in a huge crowd of people. After a while, you will get used to it and you will be just fine. ;)

Just one super important tip:

SSSSSSSTAAAAAAAAAY OOOOOOORRRRRGAAAAAAANIIIIZEEEEEED!

(Stay organized!)

Also, be sure to regularly get rid of old/unnecessary papers. By the end of this year, I was lugging around 5 pounds worth of useless papers and stuff.

I'm in middle school going in my second year of middle school.

~Don't tattle.

~Beware of lockermate

~Beware of teachers

~Do not get in tutoring so stay good in school

~and what everyone else has told u too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back