Middle School

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to scare you or anything, but Middle School is something everyone has to get through and is usually the hardest times in kids lives. Everyone's going through puberty at different ages and there's gossip and cliques and you think you know stuff but middle school you will learn a lot about friends. There are bullies and such but if you stay in a tight group of friends hopefully everything will go alright. Hope I'm not exaggerating :p
I'm going into Year 8 in a couple of months time, so I've pretty much finished Middle School. I'm afraid I've got to contradict you, PrehistoricHero, on what you have said about Middle School. Yes, it's something everyone has to go through. But that's not at all a bad thing! Middle school was the best couple of years of my life! I loved all of it! Sure, there's change and drama and new friends and all that, but that's part of life. It helps you experience and prepare for the "real world"! I went to a good private school for year 6, and a grammar school for year 7, so we didn't have too much trouble with bullying, but there were the occasional characters who bugged me. But at the end of the day, i had my friends!!! :blink: You said that "hopefully everything will be alright if you stay in a tight group of friends" and it's true that I am in my own special, lovely friendship group. But it doesn't hurt to have more friends. I certainly do! I have friends all round the class. I'm actually quite popular! Step out, have fun, be yourself, and love middle school! ;)

I was so nervous on the first day of middle school, but there was nothing to be nervous about! On the first day, all the teachers are nice and help you get from class to class. And don't worry about being late, usually it doesn't happen and on the first day, teachers allow it. They help with your schedules. Buy a big binder, because you will need it! Write down your homeroom number, locker combination, and student ID (for lunch) so you dont forget! Be nice to people and try make new friends! My first year of middle school was so fun! And there's nothing to worry about, because in almost every class you have, there will be at least 2-7 kids from your old school that you'll see! So don't worry about it!

-Leah-

Locker Tips:

~ Firstly, you should always use your locker because you'll be carrying a lot of books around and they will completely weigh down your backpack/school bag!

~ Your locker should reflect you. It's going to be something you see a lot (before every class) so it's important that you feel satisfied with the result.

~ Use photos of you and your friends, for that fun girly look! All the populars usually have pictures of themselves being silly with their mates, some prettily framed mirrors and lots of cute stickers on pink backgrounds to go along with them!

~ Decide on a colour scheme. If you want to be popular, go for pastels (light blues and pinks) and if you don't really care about colour, go for a white or something.

~ Stick on loads of stickers and tickets and things (for memories!) for when a bad day at school is getting you down.

~ Remember to never write directly onto your locker. It's a good idea to put some coloured card as a backing, and you can then stick stuff onto it, and at the end of the year, just remove the backing!

~ I don't recommend you transfer the backing straight onto your next locker afterwards. Unless you really want to keep the original, it's nice to give your locker a fresh new look.

~ Always keep your locker neat and tidy. Your locker ain't gonna be pretty if it's a total tip on the inside!

Hope this helps! :blink:

xx

Thankies guys!!!!! I'm gong to middle school nect year and this tips really help!! :rolleyes:

Locker Tips:
~ Firstly, you should always use your locker because you'll be carrying a lot of books around and they will completely weigh down your backpack/school bag!

~ Your locker should reflect you. It's going to be something you see a lot (before every class) so it's important that you feel satisfied with the result.

~ Use photos of you and your friends, for that fun girly look! All the populars usually have pictures of themselves being silly with their mates, some prettily framed mirrors and lots of cute stickers on pink backgrounds to go along with them!

~ Decide on a colour scheme. If you want to be popular, go for pastels (light blues and pinks) and if you don't really care about colour, go for a white or something.

~ Stick on loads of stickers and tickets and things (for memories!) for when a bad day at school is getting you down.

~ Remember to never write directly onto your locker. It's a good idea to put some coloured card as a backing, and you can then stick stuff onto it, and at the end of the year, just remove the backing!

~ I don't recommend you transfer the backing straight onto your next locker afterwards. Unless you really want to keep the original, it's nice to give your locker a fresh new look.

~ Always keep your locker neat and tidy. Your locker ain't gonna be pretty if it's a total tip on the inside!

Hope this helps! :unsure:

xx
sorry, but I disagree

my locker is a terrible mess

it has some random PATD sticker slap-bang in the middle. o_O

and I still like it.

who cares about being 'popular' anyway.. eww... some random pastels colors doesn't appeal.

sorry, but I disagree 

my locker is a terrible mess

it has some random PATD sticker slap-bang in the middle. o_O

and I still like it.

who cares about being 'popular' anyway.. eww... some random pastels colors doesn't appeal.
Um, sorry, but I found that a bit offensive. I spent quite a while on those tips. If being popular doesn't appeal to you, and if you like your locker messy, then i respect that. but those locker tips were for those who wanted a TIDY locker!! I like pastel colours as well, and it doesn't really have anything to do with me if you don't. please think before you post!! :huh:

x

Um, sorry, but I found that a bit offensive. I spent quite a while on those tips. If being popular doesn't appeal to you, and if you like your locker messy, then i respect that. but those locker tips were for those who wanted a TIDY locker!! I like pastel colours as well, and it doesn't really have anything to do with me if you don't. please think before you post!! :)
x
sorry bout that.

i state my opionion.

and rarely think first.

I found these tips really helpful, because in my school/city/country [not sure exactly], we start doing all this different-room-for-each-subject thing in Grade 7, which I'm going into. So ... thanks for the tips :]

Locker Tips:

Hope this helps! :wacko:

xx
Really? I like, never went to my locker. My school only premitted you to go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and at the end of the day.

My locker was completely bare. I kept all of my things in the French room; it was more convient. :eek:

Really? I like, never went to my locker. My school only premitted you to go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and at the end of the day.
My locker was completely bare. I kept all of my things in the French room; it was more convient. :p
Oh, okay then! :blink: These tips may not have been any use for you. But I'm hoping that they'll have been helpful to others, who use a locker and want to refresh it! :D

I'm not actually in middle school, so I don't know that much. I just know some things from mah older sister...

-Be prepared for lots of gum plastered onto the bottoms of desks.

-Make sure you have all the supplies needed. Lots of pencils, pens, etc. If you use a mechanical pencil make sure to bring lead in case you run out in the middle of class. Bring a notebook, too, as an agenda. (At least, I think you should...at my sister's school the agendas only have like, a puny square for each day to write ALL of your homework in.)

-Have a neat locker. There's not much time to run around between classes, and you don't want to spend twenty minutes just looking for a binder or something in your locker.

-Memorize your locker lock combination! When you're entering it in your lock, use one hand to cover it. And be careful not to drop it. My sister's locker partner once did, and the locker wouldn't work anymore.

-Be prepared to have a locker partner. They might be annoying, messy, or anything. Make sure they don't steal anything from you...somehow...

-Stay organized! Like Zombie Picnic said, throw out useless, old papers and stuff.

-Do well in school. Be prepared for some extra homework and if you're going on vacation, don't forget to take your homework with you. It's sad to have homework on vacation, but you should do it.

-Be prepared for teachers who don't know how to teach, like teachers who are too lazy to make their own quizzes and tests so they take tests from another teacher of the same subject, but the questions are questions about things you haven't even been taught yet. Be a good student and pay attention. If you do, the teacher will treat you well.

-Don't procrastinate (like I do). It's bad for your mental health. And when you wait until last minute, you always have your school conscience telling you to do it. And you can't get it out of your head. It's a really good feeling to get your homework done on time, and then you're free to do fun things! But don't rush on homework, you'll get bad marks. Spend time on it but not too much.

-Have a folder for each class. Or buy a binder and a set of dividers and put the dividers in, having one section for each subject/class.

Hope I helped a bit. (Unfortunately, most of my tips were already mentioned. Oh well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back