Most Overrated Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hands down, Tamagotchi Friends. Coming close was the Tama-Go.

Although I don't have one, seeing the reviews kinda makes me disappointed. It's overrated because it was seen on the news, many blogs (famous or not) has featured it, commercials here and there and is the only English Tamagotchi to be officially removed from the Connection Series to it's stand-alone series. Though the Tama-GO isn't named as a Connection, it also wasn't entitled to any series.In Singapore, it was released as the V7 though. If I'm not mistaken as well, It is the only English Tamagotchi to have it's own webisode series. Wow. Special eh?

Because of the things I have said above, people expected it to be better than prior releases ( Tama-Go, Version 5 ) plus it's hugely changed growth chart and a new way of communicating. When people got the actual product itself, most of them seemed disappointed with this release.

Now don't get me wrong, Bandai did a good step. Releasing a new Tamagotchi after 4 years is good right? But the product itself was meh.

The Tamagotchi Friends has it's pros and cons like all the Tamagotchi versions but sadly, the pros of this version was over shadowed by it's cons.

Opinions, opinions, opinions. ^_^

I think the V3 is my least fave, because it gets boring after a while, when I don't get the characters I want...

I think I would say Devilgotchi as well. I mean it surely is a great version and I would truly LOVE to get it, but it's definietly not worth $300+, imo.
Same with Santagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, I don't think people know what the word overrated means...

How can the Tamagotchi Friends be overrated when pretty much everyone says is sucks? By that they're fairly rated.

Being bad isn't the same thing as being overrated.

The Tamagotchi P's are overrated, imo. Everyone seems to love them, but I could never really let myself get into them that much.

Not everyone says it sucks, that's the point. There are many, many people that literally love them and put them over P's or connections and I truly cannot understand that cause there's barely anything to do with it. TF ofc.

I think I would say Devilgotchi as well. I mean it surely is a great version and I would truly LOVE to get it, but it's definietly not worth $300+, imo.

Same with Santagotchi.
Omg, yes the Santagotchi x.X Definitely not worth the price! It's only my opinion, but... it looks kinda boring :S

People saying TF... what? o_O I mean it's normal people get ecstatic when a new version comes out, and particularly when everybody thought Bandai was done with Tamas in Europe/America!!

I don't think Devilgotchis or Santagotchis are overrated; each has a unique charm that no other Tamagotchi does. I enjoy these versions much more than almost all other tamagotchis. I believe they were pulled from the market due to screw defects, hence their price today, which I can completely understand.

In my opinion, the entama and uratama are overrated. Everybody seems to love these versions, but to me, they are V4s and 4.5's with less features. Only three games, and no mini-game when your adult character gets a job. You can't visit the shop/attend school whenever you like; you have to wait for the shopkeeper/school teacher to visit. The entamas and uratamas do have a cooking option which is mildly entertaining, but to me is not enough to redeem these versions. Entamas and uratamas also take double the time of English Connections to evolve, which leaves me quite bored after a few generations.

Um, I don't think people know what the word overrated means...

How can the Tamagotchi Friends be overrated when pretty much everyone says is sucks? By that they're fairly rated.
This. When three quarters of the people on these boards who own them are pointing out the negatives then there is no Overratedness (Trademarked by me).

My most overrated is the P's. I'm sorry but for me it's a depleted ID L.

Not to say this is a bad thing. In all fairness both the ID L and the P's are the most advanced Tama's in existence both with their merits. Versus the P's I preferred the ID L's 2 babies/3 teens option. The Care misses was also more fun of a raise 'strategy'. It had some more older tama's to raise for familiarity. The P's '3 way connect' was fun the first day I did it but afterwards became dull and I now have one P in storage, one I raise but don't care about and the main one. I have a Japanese ID L and an ID LE (And another ID L in the post as I love em so much and wanna start from scratch), and have played the heck out of both.

The school option did not outweigh the seeds. The 5 pets did not outweigh the 10. The Pierce games did not outweigh the multitude of ID L download games and the P's Inbuilt Icon backgrounds did not outweigh the ID L. As an inbuilt the ID L Henshin Jo beats the 30 quid a pop P's pierces.

Then there's the new characters. I say no more on that one.

Not everyone says it sucks, that's the point. There are many, many people that literally love them and put them over P's or connections and I truly cannot understand that cause there's barely anything to do with it. TF ofc.
Not everyone has to, though. When the majority feel a particular way, that's the standard. The majority of people dislike the Tamagotchi Friends, making it the standard. I haven't seen many people that love them apart from one or two in comparison with basically the entire Tamagotchi fanbase which says that they're not a very good Tamagotchi. Like I'm not taring down your opinions, that's fair enough, people like what they like, and if you don't like the Tama Friends that much that's totally cool and your prerogative. But just because you don't like it doesn't make it overrated when the majority of people dislike it too.

People are quick to say, "This Tamagotchi is overrated!!!" when they don't like it, but what is it overrated in comparison too? The select few who genuinely enjoy it? I'm sorry but it just doesn't work like that. In that case I'd argue that the Tama Friends is actually underrated since most people dislike it yet I feel that it's a lovely Tama. But again this all stems from what you deem an enjoyable Tamagotchi. For me I don't need all of the clothes and accessories and pretty little bows and all of that useless stuff to enjoy the Tama. The P's was never my thing, but the Tama Friends suits me to a tee. That's just me though, I can't speak for anyone else. But think before you say things like, "I truly cannot understand that cause there's barely anything to do with it." That's part of the reason why I like them so much.

I know what overrated means. And I was simply talking about the whole 'wow' thing around the TF in general. I don't say everyone has to hate it. And I'm not saying everyone loves it either. I meant that I don't get the whole excitement about it. That's all.

I think it's fair to say something is overrated when people are ranting and raving about something that seems to be far below how they are rating it. That's the whole idea. Whether it's the majority or minority isn't really the issue.

These who love it keep arguing that this is the literally greatest tamagotchi ever and that everybody else is wrong, and this is pretty much overrating. You can love something and notice its flaws at the same time, and nobody will tell me that this version doesn't have flaws. Every tamagotchi has its flaws, after all.

The word "overrated" is overrated I guess. :rolleyes: It's not a dreadful crime to love the Tamagotchi Friends, and it's not like it's so bad that 100% of all Tamagotchi fans must hate it. <_< To be honest it's better than V1, V2, V3, and V5, and better than most of the vintages as well in my opinion. V4 and V6 have more features but Tamagotchi Friends is still pleasant to run. I don't get how there's hype around the originals like P1 and P2, which are so simple, and yet people despise Tamagotchi Friends for the same reason. In fact, Tamagotchi Friends has much more to offer than vintages.

Most Tamagotchi fans are just illogical. :p

I understand what you mean, EMF, but people love the vintages because they're nostalgic. They think fondly of the times they had with the P1 and P2 when they were younger. I like the simplicity of them. I personally can't wait to get my hands on a TF, but for the meanwhile I am happy with my ID ($15 :D ).

The word "overrated" is overrated I guess. :rolleyes: It's not a dreadful crime to love the Tamagotchi Friends, and it's not like it's so bad that 100% of all Tamagotchi fans must hate it. <_< To be honest it's better than V1, V2, V3, and V5, and better than most of the vintages as well in my opinion. V4 and V6 have more features but Tamagotchi Friends is still pleasant to run. I don't get how there's hype around the originals like P1 and P2, which are so simple, and yet people despise Tamagotchi Friends for the same reason. In fact, Tamagotchi Friends has much more to offer than vintages.

Most Tamagotchi fans are just illogical. :p
No offence there... but what you're saying there is illogical. :S You can't expect from a 90's Tamagotchi as much as one that's brand new from 2014!! I remember in 2002 or so, we still bought cassettes for our movies. DVDs costed so much! So imagine in 1996...

People like the vintage ones because of the melancholy. Also because they were quite original; An angel, ocean, garden theme... so different from what we have today!! So refreshing, in some way!

Also the P1 looks a lot like a Nano. A very simple, basic, easy Tamagotchi. Sometimes you don't have much time and it's fun to have a P1/P2 to kill spare time. And for many people it's for the melancholy, too. The original, ''real Tamagotchi experience''.

Now, Year 2014. Bandai makes us a new Tamagotchi. They know the Tama-Go was a major fail (I loved it - not everyone's opinion tho) so they should have learned: people are sick of greyscale (on modern releases, that is). They want color screen! They want smaller Tamas, to bring them everywhere they go. They want solid, strong materials. They want beautiful designs (unlike the V6).

They didn't seem to care. They put everything they weren't supposed to in it.

I don't really like the P1 beacuse it isn't a part of my childhood, I have it only because it was the first ever tamagotchi released, for the collection purposes.

What Itsuno-nana said; it's 2014 already. I wouldn't mind TF if it was a toy like a Nano or something. It's not that bad but far away from worth the 40$ price stamp at some countries.

I don't think the greyscale was a mistake, it's the actual gameplay of the TF that made me not love it as much as the others. I can happily run my V2 and V3 for many generations before getting bored because there so many cute features that the TF is missing (items being a particularly big one.)

Most people who would buy a TF are buying it because of nostalgia, not really for their kids who can download free apps on their phones and tablets that are more fun for them.

Since the target audience is not interested in them they might cancel TF early just like they cancelled the show Avengers Assemble or however that cartoon was called just because it was watched mainly by girls instead of guys. I have no idea how the heck do they check that, but yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back