Myspace

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~MileyCycrus~

Reaction score
I decided to make a poll about myspace. I really think its unsafe. I saw on the news that a girl got kidnappedby someone on myspace. Doesn't myspace ask for your adress too? I think its dangerous.

No, Myspace does not ask for your address. Even if it did, you could just make one up. That's what I did with my country, zip code, etc.

Plus, if you have your Myspace on private, there's really nothing to worry about. Only the people you know can view it.

Myspace is only unsafe if you choose to give out personal information.

Here we go again...Myspace never asks you to give out your address. Its your fault if you give out your phone number and get killed by some predoter the next day. Its only unsafe if you play it stupid. This site is dangerous too you know? The internet is soo dangerous so just stay smart and you will be okay.

~Mamitchi465

No, Myspace does not ask for your address. Even if it did, you could just make one up. That's what I did with my country, zip code, etc.Plus, if you have your Myspace on private, there's really nothing to worry about. Only the people you know can view it.

Myspace is only unsafe if you choose to give out personal information.
Completely agreed.

Just put it on private and don't reply to people you don't know if they send you messages.

It's just that some stupid kids go on there and decide to give every peice of information they have and talk to random guys that message them.

Heh. I did my speech on Myspace. xP

No. Myspace is only unsafe if your like, "ZOMG IM AMBER CONNER WHO LIVES IN CALIFORNIA AND MY ADDRESS IS 45 YUKON DRIVE AND MY PHONE NUMBER IS 678-543-286!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZOMG LIKE, CALL ME OR LIKE, LETS MEET AT TINKIA MALL SOMETIME! HEHEHEHEHEHE!" x_x Then its unsafe.

Just keep your profile on private, and it's safe. Tamatalk and Myspace are both unsafe. You just have to play it smart.

(The infortmation I gave out before is totally fake, by the way!!)

Myspace is fine if your smart, I don't add people I don't know. Unless they are bands or Famous people (and I know for a fact that its their REAL myspace) or myspace shops. I don't talk to people I don't know online. The main reason most of these kids are getting hurt is cuz they are starting online relationships with people they don't know and giving out information. Or putting up too much information on their Myspace. If you don't tell anyone where you live, where you hang/go to school and things like that. Their should not be a problem..I don't keep my Myspace private and I've never had any problems. But, it helps if you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's safe it you're smart, dangerous if you're stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myspace is perfectly safe so long as you're not an idiot while using it.

Same as any site.

If you put your information so that the public can see it, then yes, it's dangerous.

Keep everything under private, and it's fine.

Myspace is no different than Tamatalk.

There are creeps everywhere.

You just have to be smart.

There have ben multiple topics like this were I have let it all out. I'll just say this:

Myspace=Unsafe

Reason: Hackers

Whether Myspace is safe or not depends all on the user. If they are revealling person information such as their full name, address, town and such, it is not safe. However, if it is used properly and safely without revealling any personal information, it is more than likely safe.

The one thing I'll never understand is why people always pin point Myspace as the dangerous site.

Every single site on the internet is dangerous to an extent.

It's like saying it's only dangerous to walk alone in a back alley at night in one specific place.

No matter where you are in life or on the internet, there's always some kind of danger.

Myspace is perfectly safe so long as you're not an idiot while using it.Same as any site.

If you put your information so that the public can see it, then yes, it's dangerous.

Keep everything under private, and it's fine.

Myspace is no different than Tamatalk.

There are creeps everywhere.

You just have to be smart.
Exactly. In fact, TT is more unsafe, because you're talking to strangers.

The one thing I'll never understand is why people always pin point Myspace as the dangerous site.Every single site on the internet is dangerous to an extent.

It's like saying it's only dangerous to walk alone in a back alley at night in one specific place.

No matter where you are in life or on the internet, there's always some kind of danger.
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back