No More North Pole

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowmoodtama

Reaction score
I read some articles about the north pole, and they all say the same things-

The north pole may be gone by the end of the summer. This is happening because of global warming and/or climate change. And for the polar bears that live up there, bye-bye too! Their habitat is melting, so they're becoming extinct. And if the north pole doesn't melt this summer, it will probably melt in the next few years. I feel sad... :p

I don't believe that. It will NOT melt by the end of this summer. Maybe in the next few years, but not this summer. If it does, I will be very shocked.

I assume you read something similar to this?

"Satellite data gathered by the University of Colorado's National Snow and Ice Data Center showed that young sea ice, which is no more than about 60 inches deep and much more susceptible to melting away, now makes up only 72 percent of the Arctic ice sheet. Using that estimate, scientists at the center see a 50 percent chance that ice at the highest point in the Arctic will melt by the summer's end."

I point out that the ice at only the highest point of the Arctic has a 50% chance of melting by the Summer's end. It also depends on the weather, which can't guarantee anything. But if this Summer is similar, or hotter, than the last, then there's the chance.

When I think of this, for some reason, it reminds me of when Pluto wasn't considered a planet anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you read something similar to this?
"Satellite data gathered by the University of Colorado's National Snow and Ice Data Center showed that young sea ice, which is no more than about 60 inches deep and much more susceptible to melting away, now makes up only 72 percent of the Arctic ice sheet. Using that estimate, scientists at the center see a 50 percent chance that ice at the highest point in the Arctic will melt by the summer's end."

I point out that the ice at only the highest point of the Arctic has a 50% chance of melting by the Summer's end. It also depends on the weather, which can't guarantee anything. But if this Summer is similar, or hotter, than the last, then there's the chance.

When I think of this, for some reason, it reminds me of when Pluto wasn't considered a planet anymore.
Whoa, really? Well, on the bright side I'm one step closer to having a beach here in austin. Maybe Texas will be the next California. The weather here is pretty much the same as it is there. Cool. Hope you know how to swim Santa.

Well the only thing that lives there are polar bears. And...well....to be honest, I couldn't care less if they went extinct. I mean...I'm not a polar bear. But thats my opinion.

This whole thing will make children question the power and authority of Santa Clause. All of their X-mas wishes will be CRUSHED and MELTED and sent to heck.

I'm pretty sure the polar bears on in more danger than the 'power and authority' of Santa.

They're already on the endangered species list.

I understand poeple who could care less about another species going extinct, but when I think about it, that seems like a bigger deal to me than it may to others. It's an entire species lost.

I'm starting to sound like an activist...

I've heard about this before. I read something that in the next 50 years polar bears will be extinct. Our grandchildren wont be able to see polar bears anymore. There are many things we can do to save our arctic. I know you've heard this a million times but please just please peoples Carpool, recycle,reduce,reuse, Conserve. Try everything in YOUR power!! Please! Come on people! We can do it! If just enough of us do this maybe we can make a difference!

Ah well once that north pole is gone we aint getting it back and the whole 'make a difference' thing wouldnt change anything.

Those ice caps have been melting naturally even before the whole global warming dilemma began.

It would be great if we could transport the polar bears onto the south pole :puroperatchi:

But, if the north pole DOES melt, wont the UK be covered in sea? :marumimitchi:

Ah well once that north pole is gone we aint getting it back and the whole 'make a difference' thing wouldnt change anything.Those ice caps have been melting naturally even before the whole global warming dilemma began.
Yea. But I said make a difference We dont have to save the North Pole completely. We could just at least make it go back to normal. Like it would still melt but not as much. See where I'm going at?

I don't believe in the whole, "global warming," bit. I believe that the earth is just going through its little, "heating up," cycle and there's really nothing we can do about it.

I do have some sympathy for the polar bears though.

Yea. But I said make a difference We dont have to save the North Pole completely. We could just at least make it go back to normal. Like it would still melt but not as much. See where I'm going at?
BB is right. We didn't actually realize what was happening until global warming became severe, and the ice caps started melting so dramatically over each year.

Maybe if we'd realized it earlier we could have made a difference. Now it wouldn't matter so much, while the majority of the people are ignoring the whole global warming issue and carrying on with their daily lives as usual. Because they can.

You're making it sound so easy. But this is only TamaTalk you're trying to convince, here. At this rate, there's not much more we can do.

Well, we do have alot of polar bears in captivity. We should start getting more and dropping them in the artic and such. But even if they do all die in the north pole, like I said we still have some in captivity so they won't be totally gone.

I don't believe that. It will NOT melt by the end of this summer. Maybe in the next few years, but not this summer. If it does, I will be very shocked.
Exactly. If the whole North Pole melted by the time summer ends, I'd jump off a cliff. Metaphorically. <_<

Well, we do have alot of polar bears in captivity. We should start getting more and dropping them in the artic and such. But even if they do all die in the north pole, like I said we still have some in captivity so they won't be totally gone.
Whats the point of putting more polar bears in the arctic? Theyre not going to do anything. Instead more of them would die. Food becomes scarcer and everything. The polar bears start dying one by one so theres really no point in putting more polar bears in the wild. We should do something to save the arctic first. and then we could breed more polar bears to put back into the arctic. I'm not saying this is easy. I never said any of this was easy. At least try. I heard about these lights that people use in their basements. They save a lot of energy but stil there not enough. If every person just did a bit to help their community it would be really nice.... Though the whole world isnt convinced about Global Warming. Its going to take a lot to do so. I dont care if some of you people on Tama Talk are pessimistic about this whole thing. I'm staying optimistic and I will try to do everything in my power to help the community. I'm not trying to convince only tamatalk. I've been talking to everyone i know!!!

Global Warming is completely fake. The North Pole will not melt. It drives me crazy that you actually believe this.

Clickhere. It is an article about it. It might be kind of mean but it was the first thing that came up on google. : /

If you read the first comment underneath the article it says that the guy couldnt find the article confirmed anywhere. You cant be sure if its true or not. Dont go around believing everything. Make sure its solid proof and real enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back