Northlake Academy ~ A part fantasy, part futuristic RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, you'll be a better driver than me, that's for sure." Summer pointed out, chewing her lip as she thought about what Flynn had just said. "I dunno... I probably could, but it would take a lot of time and effort... time we could be using to walk." She paused, thinking some more. "If I did on the move, the drawing might turn out weird, which in turn makes the car weird... argh. What do you think?"

Natasha nodded, leading Gill to the van. Pulling open the door, she climbed into the driver's seat. "Well, seeing as we're in the middle of no-where, I don't think roads will be a concern. Now, before, we go, pass me the three files on th top of the pile in the back."

"But you could do it, couldn't you? We need some way to get around quick, and a car would be the best option. Unless you could draw an airplane. But I dunno if that would work, since none of us probably have pilot's licenses.. And none of us know how to drive a plane. Anyway, back on topic.. I think you should draw the car. We could probably keep hiding in the tree, at least until you're done with the car."

Celia frowned for a second and said "You sure you could draw a car? I mean, with all the pistons and, I dunno, fuel tanks, or whatever." She shrugged and leant against a rough tree trunk, sighing with thought. "Anyway, until we get to open land, a car'd be no use anyway. A tank might work though. Or a cthulhu. We could tame it and -- wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. All I'm saying is that it'd be pretty darn hard to drive here."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Then maybe... How about mountain bikes?" suggested Flynn, who looked pretty hopeful. After a nights rest of sleep, he felt more energized and a bit more confident. "Or bikes in general? Bikes will help us get farther quicker than just walking, plus, they're pretty simply to draw,"

Summer brightened, reaching for her sketchpad. "Yeah, I can do bikes! They'll probably be bettet on this surface than a car would..." She sat down and leant against the tree, starting to makr light strokes with the pencil. "This is gonna take a while, so... get comfortable."

Natasha rolled her eyes, reaching over and grabbing the files herself. "Let's see... three runaways are Summer Patterson, Flynn Rogers and Celia Selford. One's got that drawing power, one got electrokinesis, and the last one is some sort of seal shifter..." She looked hard at Gill. "With control over water."

"*&^*%#@$," Gill muttered, clearly displeased to hear that. "Well, that just made it 500 times harder to deal with those bloody idiots. When we get to them, feel free to tear them apart, because that's what I'm gonna do and plus the Academy will probably punish them that severely anyway."

"Alright. In the meantime, I'll sit on the other side of the tree and keep watch." Flynn went ahead and sat against the other side of the tree, watching the other side of the woods. He prayed that Mr. Rael and the Academy workers were still in the campground, sleeping. He could only imagine how severely the Academy would punish them for escaping.. Considering how just by talking out loud in class, you could get your dinner taken away.

(Now that I think about it, it's a good thing we're not bringing up the fact the characters have to go to the bathroom, or else we would have severe issues xD)

(...PFFT)

"Like I was really going to wait for your permission." Natasha rolled her eyes, passing the files to Gill before turning the key and starting the engine. "So why do you think they've run off? This is a much more sophisticated attempt than, for example, that kid that charged the fence not so long ago."

Summer nodded, too focused on her drawings to give much more of a response. Occasionally muttering to herself and rubbing things out with a vengance, she proceeded to draw out three mountain bikes, which were soon turned into real objects on the ground beside her. "Okay, let's test these things out first."

Celia surveyed the bikes, and cocked her head at the mountain bikes. "Awesome." she whispered, walking towards the bikes and reaching out to touch them. She was slightly doubting the actual existence of the bikes. As her fingertips touched the bikes, she grinned and said "Well, we might as well get going.". Tentatively, she picked up the bike and started to get on it.

Flynn carefully stood one of the bikes up, and cautiously got on it, as if scared that the bike would turn back into paper any moment. He managed to balance on it, and put his feet on the pedals. "Hey, look. It looks like these bikes work.. Hang on, let me try pedaling on it." He pedaled the bike forward a few feet, and then grinned. "Yes! They work! This is awesome!! Thanks, Summer!" Grinning, he began to pedal ahead, unable to help it. This was fun.

"Who knows. Maybe they were homesick or something. Either way. Let's get moving already. For all we know, they might already be past the closest town. Although I doubt it. They sound like idiots." Gill stuck a piece of sugarfree chewing gum in his mouth, and began to chew.

Summer couldn't help but grin madly as she watched Flynn and Celia enjoy the results of her power. She'd done it right after all. "Don't strain them. Oh yeah, check the brakes and stuff too..." She got on the remaining bike, pedelling around the tree and testing the various functions. "I'm good to go!" She exclaimed, adjusting her backpack and setting off after Flynn. For a serious situation, this was turning out quite jolly.

Natasha began to back up out of the make shift parking space, biting her lip in concentration. "Probably. I mean, it's not like they could have found out what's really going on." Giving a soft laugh, Natasha started to drive. "Either way, I'm sure they'll be fairly easy to catch."

Celia giggled and started pedaling after them. It seemed another part of her life; something normal. She'd always enjoyed biking, but, darn, this was great. The wind rushed past her hair and freed it from her top. She yelled into the wind "Flynn! Do you know where which way we're going?". It was actually so much easier to bike - the ground seemed surprisingly smooth on the bike, and well, it was fun.

"Ummm..." Flynn reached into his pocket for the compass Summer had drawn the previous day. "We're going north, so turn around, since we need to go south." He turned his own bike around, and then began to pedal south. It felt great riding a bike again, after so long.

Gill sat in the front seat next to the driver's seat, chewing away at his gum. "The only issue is, we're outnumbered by one. Then again, I'm sure the drawing girl won't be much use in battle anyway. The only problem will be lightning boy, and for obvious reasons, water girl. But I'm sure we can handle all three anyway."

Summer didn't say anything, preferring to simply follow Flynn. Steering her bike around, she found she was - for once - able to keep up with the older boy. "Yeah, let's not go back North..." Shaking her head to clear some hair out of her face, Summer watched the ground ahead. "We'll reach a town in no time! And we're being eco friendly."

Natasha made a small noise in agreement, opening the glove compartment and passing a map to Gill. "Here. Navigate." She instructed, before vocally agreeing with Gill. "True, unless she manages to escape out sights and draw something to aid her or the others. So she may not pose a physical threat, but..." Suddenly Natasha grinned. "As long as I can lock eyes with any of them..."

"Yeah.." Gill looked down at the map, and then suggested, "Although since you can only do one person at a time, how about you take water girl, and I take lightning boy and drawing girl?" He blew a bubble with his gum, before popping it and returning to chewing the gum.

"Ha, yeah. Although we have better things to worry about than just the environment." Flynn continued to pedal at a good pace. "Man, this feels good.... Oh... Crud." His eyes opened wide. "H-hill...." Before he could say anything, the bike began to roll down the hill, and Flynn stopped pedaling so he could completely focus on not crashing his bike into the trees on the way down the hill.

"Sounds sensible. Of course, I'll try and hit them with my power too, but I can't make any promises." Natasha told Gill, not looking at him as she kept her eyes on the 'road' ahead. "Urgh. Where do we need to go now? As in, where's the nearest town in this stupid place? It's probably miles away. Mr Rael really brought us out to the middle of no-where."

"You don't say- what?" Slowly, Summer felt herself start to panic at Flynn's exclamation of 'Crud.', and then 'H-hill'. "Ah!" As she was just behind Flynn, Summer hit the hill too, also stopping her pedalling as she squeezed hard on the brakes, eyes focused on the assorted trees at the bottom of the hill. Please, if there is a God, these brakes will work and I will not get wrapped around that tree. Neither will Flynn and Celia, for that matter.

Celia shrugged at the hill. For her, it just meant not pedaling as much. In fact, it was quite nice speeding past Flynn and Summer. "Guys, it's not that bad, it's just a hill - OH GOD THERE'S TREES." She clutched at the brakes, desperate for it to stop. She was not going to crash into those trees. No. One, it would hurt, and two, it wouldn't look very nice. Was she slowing down? Or was it just because she'd put her feet down? Celia was starting to panic.

If you could get a heart attack and die at age 17 just for being extremely scared, Flynn was sure he would've been dead by now. He was scared out of his mind, and praying to god the brakes wouldn't fail on him. He had no idea if they'd work or not, considering he hadn't tried using the brakes yet. The trees were looming ever closer. Flynn tried the right brake, but that didn't work. Panicking, he tried the other brake.. And it worked. Unfortunately, it was the brake that suddenly pulled the bike still, so he flew forward, and fell of the bike, crashing into the ground, and falling into a somersault before finding himself staring at the sky. "Ugh... My back..."

"That makes it a problem. I hope those bloody idiots know where they're going, or else we're going to have to run around through the middle-of-nowhere woods looking for them... Anyway..." Glancing down at the map, Gill read, "So, the nearest town is.. Uh... A town called Middleton."

(So, quick vote... Where should the trio be in Canada, exactly? Up near Alaska, or near the great lakes?)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Flynn!" Seeing Flynn was probably about to crash in one way or another, Summer clamped down on her brakes praying they didn't suddenly have a fault. The bike lurched forward, and Summer nearly went with it, but she controled it by jumping off herself and dropping the bike to run over to Flynn. "Oh my god, Flynn, I'm so so sorry, I must have drawn that bike wrong and now you're hurt..."

"Never heard of the place, but okay." Natasha stole a quick look at the map herself before speeding up. "If they're sensible they'll be going there." Natasha sped up some more. "If not, we'll just have to start working backwards."

(hm... if they were near Alaska, they'd really be screwed.)

(They would, although it'd be hilarious to have them be all "Yay we're at the border" and then they find out they have to cross Lake Superior or go around it x) )

"Uggghh... I'm fine, I'm fine. I didn't break anything....Ugh. My back." Grimacing, Flynn slowly got up, although he now had an ache in his lower back. "Next time we get near a hill, we should just get off our bikes and walk alongside our bikes down the hill. No way are we gonna try to steer bikes down a hill with trees at the bottom." He frowned down at his jeans and shirt, which were now dirty.

"Hopefully, they'll be there in Middleton then. Anyway, I think we're only about 3 miles from Middleton now. Almost there.." He sighed, and relaxed his face against the window, staring at the woods. He really missed his home in London.

(Hang on, let me find a map of Canada *googles* Oh dear xD)

Summer bit her lip, hovering awkwardly around Flynn as he got to his feet. "Really, I'm sorry... I must have done something wrong..." She repeated, a deep blush filling her cheeks as she looked at the ground. When Flynn walked off she nodded in agreement, continuing to look at the ground as she picked up her bike and started to wheel it. "That... sounds rather sensible. Lucky this hill wasn't too steep, huh?" Passing the trees at the bottom of the hill they could have been wrapped around, Summer hesitated before getting back onto her bike.

"We'll have to be careful. They'll probably have guessed or know for a fact that the Academy will have sent someone after them, and to be brutally honest, you look a lot like your dad. I think they'll make a connection." Natasha explained, speeding up again. She was rather bored of driving now, and just wanted to reach this stupid town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back