o____o Help?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redtama

Reaction score
This is a Brass instrument topic.

Anyways, I was practicing my trombone...Yeah. So I took out the mouthpiece...And discovered there was green stuff in my mouthpiece...It looked like mint toothpaste! o___o

I just washed it...

And ways to prevent this?

Thanks!

RT

Rinse after Brushing? xDDDDThat never happened to me in band.
Lawl. The thing is... I didn't brush my teeth before playing! xD

I didn't even notice it.. Now it looks like the inside of the cup(Where the shank begins) is like...Brown or something.. o.o

Its a new mouthpiece.. I can't really discribe it. And for some reason there is like a white barrier around the cup part.

Woah! Off topic... What instrument do you play? What kind of mouthpiece brand do you use? I use two, ones a Faxx 12c and the other is a unknown brand and its 12c.

Phlegm? xD Or maybe boogers?

I'm a guitarist; our school doesn't only do winds. xP I get short of breath easily, so I decided to go with a string instrument.

But mine is a Yahama guitar. xD -sweatdrops-

I mean, it never happened to me because I don't use my mouth. :blink: ;

But I may learn to play the flute some day.

Phlegm? xD Or maybe boogers?
I'm a guitarist; our school doesn't only do winds. xP I get short of breath easily, so I decided to go with a string instrument.

But mine is a Yahama guitar. xD -sweatdrops-

I mean, it never happened to me because I don't use my mouth. :) ;

But I may learn to play the flute some day.
xDD I don't know but ist so... yuck. Fortunately, I have a extra. But that one burns my mouth.. ;__;

Yamaha makes Guitars??? I never knew. O-o

*Wants a Yamaha Tuba*

I have eightteen dollars... So I may buy a Trombone care kit. <3

Oh god. Did you by any chance eat anything before playing?

My band director has told us this one story so many times.

There was a kid who was eating candy before band class. He played trumpet, and was going to clean out his spit valve and this greenish stuff came out. It was the food.

Please say you didn't do that. *begs*

Oh god. Did you by any chance eat anything before playing?My band director has told us this one story so many times.

There was a kid who was eating candy before band class. He played trumpet, and was going to clean out his spit valve and this greenish stuff came out. It was the food.

Please say you didn't do that. *begs*
Nope. I justdrank water.

And nothing but clear spit came out of the water valve.

It looked like mint toothpaste, but it was in the mouthpiece. o_o

I should invest in a Mouthpiece brush(I don't have one yet D: )

Okay, I think its something I might have cleaned it with. I don't see that now.

Did you eat spinach that day?
No. I always rinse my mouth w/ water before playing.

It went away. BUT: It looks like the shank part of my MP is cracked. Not BROKEN cracked just...CRACKED LOOKING. D= I lost my mouthpiece brush. *Dies*

whatsa mouthpiece? i ply a violin
A mouthpiece can be used for either woodwind[saxophones and Clarinets] or Brasswinds[Trombone,Tuba,Trumpet/Cornett,Baritone,etc,.]. For Woodwinds, they use a reed, and the reed vibrates. For Brass, it's different. The player buzzes in the mouthpiece, in order to make a sound.

Saxophone Mouthpiece

Trombone Mouthpiece

I doubt it, if it was a new mouth piece.
Hey, new doesn't mean anything. Leaving spit and water in there can grow mold. It happened to my piccolo.

And redtama didn't say it was new (I don't think)

Hey, new doesn't mean anything. Leaving spit and water in there can grow mold. It happened to my piccolo.
And redtama didn't say it was new (I don't think)
um...redtama did say it was new. Plus you can't just say it IS mold. It is a possiblity but that doesn't mean it happened. Plus redtama said that they clean it everyday, so i doubt they were leaving spit...

Eugh. I played Baritone horn before. I was using the one shared at the school, and opened the spit valve(accidentally). This green stuff came out. It was digusting.

I don't know what it could be. Let's hope you don't see it again, hm?

Eugh. I played Baritone horn before. I was using the one shared at the school, and opened the spit valve(accidentally). This green stuff came out. It was digusting.I don't know what it could be. Let's hope you don't see it again, hm?
I don't. Phew. I think it might be a plastic or cheap metal MP.

Green stuff came out of this Trombone I tried out. xP

Why not play Baritone anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back