Obama.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I knew McCain didn't stand a chance was because of Sarah Palin. McCain has health issues so he probably might hvae died and Sarah Palin taking over office to control once of the most powerful countries in the world.
And I want abortion to be illegal.... Its like killing a human life. I feel like sending a letter to Obama saying. What if your mother got an abortion!
I'm Pro-choice only because of this fact;;

What if you were 13 or 14 and got raped.

The person who raped you got you pregnent.

You most likely wouldn't be able to take care of a child in middle school.

I believe you should still be able to get rid of it while its an egg, but once it is a human life, it should not happen.

But just think of what you would do if you got pregnent at a young age. By force instead of intentionally having sex.

I have been with Obama since the start

1. I liked his ideas better.

2. Sarah Palin is an idiot in my opinion.

3. Universal health care is good.

4. The rich should have to pay more taxes than lower middle class. I am in that lower middle class and my mom can barely pay the bills.

5. He wants to go to Afgahnistan, where we SHOULD be fighting, not in Iraq.

6. I don't think John McCain is strong enough to become presidnet.

If Hilary Clinton would have won the primaries, I would be on her side.

The only reason I like McCain is because;;

One time at one of his rallys, someone yelled a rude comment about Barack Obama. John McCain said that it was unacceptable and that he respects Obama as an American and as an opponent.

I have been with Obama since the start
1. I liked his ideas better.

2. Sarah Palin is an idiot in my opinion.

3. Universal health care is good.

4. The rich should have to pay more taxes than lower middle class. I am in that lower middle class and my mom can barely pay the bills.

5. He wants to go to Afgahnistan, where we SHOULD be fighting, not in Iraq.

6. I don't think John McCain is strong enough to become presidnet.
I agree with you in most of those points.

And I would have been for Hilary too.

At first.

Now he's just awful.

Miss Matchmaker is 100% right in my opinion.

and it's not a matter of McCain vs. Obama.

It's just whether we agree with Obama's ideas, and I don't know why people would only like him because their only other option was McCain :/

I'm glad Obama won. ^^

He came across a lot more caring than John McCain and I liked his ideas better... and McCain would be just like having another Bush. (almost)

Not in the least bit. I think he's the worst president this country has ever seen.
Do you really think he's worse than James Buchanan, who signed many compromises that would help to spread slavery into the western territories?
It would be wise to study your presidents before you make such bold statements.

Is he really worse than James Buchanan, who signed many compromises that would help to spread slavery into the western territories?

Last edited by a moderator:
For one, this taxing the rich thing is absolutely ridiculous. 250,000 dollars is not rich. Imagine working hard for your money year after year, and having to give up more to help people who did nothing with their lives. I sure as heck wouldn't want to give away my money to a bunch of lazy bums

Universal health care is a bad idea. That's just more money in taxes. You can't force someone to go to the doctor, so you shouldn't force them to pay taxes to give everyone else in the world health insurance. Plenty of people already have it, and don't want to change their insurer.

Cash for clunkers is just taking more money away from people who worked for it, because now they have to fund this program. If people can't afford to buy a new car, then they should just stick to the one they already have.

And lastly, he's brainwashed people into liking him and agreeing with him.

For one, this taxing the rich thing is absolutely ridiculous. 250,000 dollars is not rich. Imagine working hard for your money year after year, and having to give up more to help people who did nothing with their lives. I sure as heck wouldn't want to give away my money to a bunch of lazy bums
Universal health care is a bad idea. That's just more money in taxes. You can't force someone to go to the doctor, so you shouldn't force them to pay taxes to give everyone else in the world health insurance. Plenty of people already have it, and don't want to change their insurer.

Cash for clunkers is just taking more money away from people who worked for it, because now they have to fund this program. If people can't afford to buy a new car, then they should just stick to the one they already have.

And lastly, he's brainwashed people into liking him and agreeing with him.
I honestly can't stand the Republican way of thinking. *no offense, nothing personal*

First of all, I don't know how many times I've pushed this, but just because you are in a low-income situation, doesn't mean you are a bum and have done nothing with your life. It's a terrible stereotype. It's actually interesting because I come from a well-off family, but somehow I have personal concern for those in lower-income / welfare families that are struggling to make ends meet. I'm not going to hoard what I have and blame others for their lack of possessions. This should especially be realized due to the current recession.

What about those people out there who don't qualify for welfare because they're doing well, but don't have health coverage with their jobs and can't afford health care from a company / organization? This is a lot of the common people of America who fall through the cracks. Why should someone be denied a life-saving operation because they can't pay? That's wrong. They need health care coverage, too. And we're not giving the WORLD health care, just our fellow Americans. We need to work as a unit instead of standing divided.

I really don't know much about Cash For Clunkers. I've heard about it but haven't looked much into. I agree that they should stick to the car they have, but if you're driving a lemon, a lot of times it's cheaper to just buy a new car than pay to keep getting your car fixed. I really don't have much of an opinion on this though.

He's brainwashed people... how? I seriously believe that people are generally good and are doing what they believe is right. He has a lot to live up to. He's the first African American president. If he screws up big time and is a total butt, it's going to ruin the chances for future African American presidents and chances are discrimination will probably increase.

I'm not saying I'm right, but at least at this point in my life, I want to help others. And if it turns out Obama screws up the country, at least I can say that I believed in him.

EDIT: Well, I'm thinking more. I don't know if the upper-class members of society should have to pay MORE taxes. I believe in equality. Everyone should pay EQUAL taxes. And everyone should pay EQUAL taxes on health care. And if you don't want the universal health care, you can pass and get it elsewhere. But I believe everyone should have the option and everyone should be covered.

I'm just trying to figure out my opinions and beliefs here. :I

The deal with universal health care is that Obama wants to make this country like Canada or England, where people may have to wait up to a year or more to get vital surgeries and procedures. That's a deadly wait for a lot of people. Government shouldn't run the healthcare system.

The deal with universal health care is that Obama wants to make this country like Canada or England, where people may have to wait up to a year or more to get vital surgeries and procedures. That's a deadly wait for a lot of people. Government shouldn't run the healthcare system.
I agree.

There should never be a 'hold up' for care you absolutely need. It's ridiculous

@ Katie - I agree. I really don't know if the government runned the health care system why that would necessarily have to happen though...?

@ Nicki - Very few hospitals do that. Most of them are cashing in.

@ GG96- I think that it's better than not being able to afford health care at all and never get it.

you have a point that some of the 'lower income' individuals deserve to be that way, because they threw their lives away and are too uneducated and irresponsible to have a job and afford health care.

But a lot of those people are normal, smart people who maybe got unfourtunately laid off, or are one of the many people who've been affected by the economical crisis, or have other priorities like a family and simply can't afford health care right now.

I don't think that they should be denied the right of it because there are some individuals who don't deserve it.

There are plenty of deserving families in the world, I just don't believe that other people should have to provide for them, especially knowing that their money isn't always going to a deserving family, but in fact to a lazy bum.

@ GG96- I think that it's better than not being able to afford health care at all and never get it.
you have a point that some of the 'lower income' individuals deserve to be that way, because they threw their lives away and are too uneducated and irresponsible to have a job and afford health care.

But a lot of those people are normal, smart people who maybe got unfourtunately laid off, or are one of the many people who've been affected by the economical crisis, or have other priorities like a family and simply can't afford health care right now.

I don't think that they should be denied the right of it because there are some individuals who don't deserve it.
WIN

[SIZE=7pt]meh, i'm a canadian but i love Obama. [/SIZE]

I love his views on things, and how he isn't all about wars and what not.

I love him. ^^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back