Other Racises making jokes about Americans

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a whole lot of races from African-American to Caucasian. Yes I agree with what you are saying. Though there are many other races that have been in trouble for saying something hurtful to another race. This is just teaching you though that you have to been careful of what you say to someone else and how it might affect you.

I don't get it.. they have the african american colleges where i heard is for only african americans, and caucasion's aren't aloud.. but if the caucasion's were to make one for their own race.. they'd be "racist". It's the same with sexist... like if a group of women formed a group for only wemon.. it's not sexist.. if men did one.. they're sexist... it maes no sense! They also have black history month, hispanic heritage month.. ad do on.... but none for caucasions.... so i don't know what to say... just writing stuff.. so honestly.. i have no opinion... because either way.. there will still be racist, no matter what race.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, I'm african-american...

And I'm proud that I'm not racist to the whites. My parents are, so is my next door neighbour. I dun care, it makes me feel good that I'm not.

But not /all/ african americans are like that, my friends aren't. At least my few ethnic friends, most of my friends are caucasian. My mom complains about that, but I yell and rip at her fr complaining. ><

One thing I never really get is that race isn't supposed to be an issue and you shouldn't let it affect your schooling, friends etc. But then why are there African-American colleges and stuff like that?

My theory for why 'white' people making fun of other ethnic groups is that white people were considered to be the dominant race in Western countries for hundreds of years. Obviously that's changed now. So when an African-American/Latino/Asian, etc makes a joke against white people, it's considered freedom of speech. But when a white person in Western countries makes a joke against these races, it's considered trying to make white races the dominant ones again. So, there's my two cents.

~Mimitchilover

As I said, I'm african-american...
And I'm proud that I'm not racist to the whites. My parents are, so is my next door neighbour. I dun care, it makes me feel good that I'm not.

But not /all/ african americans are like that, my friends aren't. At least my few ethnic friends, most of my friends are caucasian. My mom complains about that, but I yell and rip at her fr complaining. ><
Isn't canada RAN by a White dude? Your mom shouldn't complain >.> If it wasn't for white people (And Martin Luther King Jr.) African Americans would be slaves still

Isn't canada RAN by a White dude? Your mom shouldn't complain >.> If it wasn't for white people (And Martin Luther King Jr.) African Americans would be slaves still
I know!

It's unfair. =( And when someone asks for half of my lunch and I say no, it's always: "Oh you say that cuz your black!"

And the idiot who asks for it always bugs you, one seconds he'd be hitting you, then the next he'll ask for your lunch. >> That annoys the heck out of me, I treat everyone equally, (except all my friends, I treat them better.) I ignore them all.

The maroity of the people I work with are black and I know quite a few great people at work. There have been times though that people take things to personally:

I was on my register ringing out people but the person on the register next to me was no where to be found. I shut out her light because I didn't want customers going there thinking it was open. When she came back she got all sorts of annoyed and has acted like I personaly did it because of her.

Another time a cashier asked to do returns and then I asked to. Well the CSM picked me and as I walked away I heard the cashier asking if it was because I was white. o(><;)o Most cashiers who ask to do returns just push the cart back to the DEPT and go sit in the backroom.(i said most but not all cashiers are like that) Anyway I actually put the stuff in the carts back. Forgot to mention that our CSM is black and the cashier is latino.

Heres one weird story for you: Theres this doorgreeter named Mary and shes black, well she asked for this black ladies receipt because she beeped at the door. The woman was said "you just doing this because I'm Black!" o(o.o)o Mary made the coment along the lines of what color do I look like to you? Mary is one of the nicest ladies you'd ever meet. She just doing her job no matter who you are.

No one should make racists jokes about another country or the color of someones skin. Plus white people aren't the only people who can be racist, other races of people can be just as bad but people will never see it that way.

[SIZE=12pt]I feel like us blacks are being attacked. We aren't all racists. Some of you posters are making it seem as though there are no white racists people out there. Well let me tell you, there are. Lots. There are blacks who actually aren't racists and really don't care about your skin color. Oh wow, shocker I know. Please me quick before I get upset. And no, I don't blame white people at all for your ancestors choices. Not your faults.[/SIZE]

I hate that- even though I'm not American.

It's not fair- just because they're black. Geez! They now think they can get away with saying nasty comments and getting away with it. However, if a white person makes commnt it's like "ZOMG! That was, like, SO racist!"

Bleh, as much as I hate it, I'm not sure if much can be done.

[SIZE=12pt]Everyone is saying 'they' and 'those' like we aren't even apart of your species. All humans, don't forget that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Everyone is saying 'they' and 'those' like we aren't even apart of your species. All humans, don't forget that.[/SIZE]
We refer to them that way because they ARE different - In skin colour.

Yes, we are all human but you have to admit there are different things that even the blind can see - The way we talk, act and look.

Now, yeah, there are quite a few nice African Americans and quite a few racist whites. This topic is just referring to those who lash out at white people who are making perfectly normal decisions or just doing their job.

I agree. It's messed up. I'm so against it I dont call people "black" or "white" I say cocasion (white) African-american (Black)

Honestly, I don't really care about what other races think of me or my race. I'm proud to be who I am, and the race I am. I mean, I can't change it, and I certainly won't try what Micheal Jackson did O.O I don't want to look like a mutant freak. But I can't change my race, so I might as well be happy with who I am.

C~M

Listen, we are always "imperfect" and yea I know people make fun of other race. But what can you do?! All I know that it can sometimes be funny but people should know that they are only jokes and that people should be treated with respect. Sometimes race jokes are confused as judgement and hatred. And people don't respect each other's race. But you know what else, some stuff that people say in jokes are actually the truth. People "say" (not me) that white people care TOO much about spending money,cheap, and they never want to spend 1$, or that hispanics are very dirty and are pack rats, and they do alot of crimes. But I've met people and most of the jokes I heard are actually true about people. So why not just admit what we are?!!!!

(in my opinon about race jokes: people should know that they are ONLY JOKES!)

I have just realized something. Have you watched TV and saw those Stand up Comedy shows?
Well on the shows, Asians, Mexican's, and Blacks always make fun of White Kids from America and stuff. But when the White kid makes a joke about some Black, it turns into a Racist case. I mean come on! They joke about us all the time, we take action we get in trouble!
Haha... I probably have one the most racist schools.

You know, being probably the only asian guy in a whole white community (community referring to school), I mean, of course you're gonna face SOME sort of racism. Even from teachers (no names, though you probably won't know who).

But, all you can do is laugh about it... if you show a weak point then they can feed off of you and make it worse.

No, I'm not saying that white people are racist. But I'm saying that you will encounter a racist person from time to time, regardless of race.

It may seem like everytime a white makes a racist comment about blacks, asians, whatever, it seems like a big deal. But people are controlling it too. Such as comedy clubs, they add a fine per negative word you say...

Also it's because... I lost my train of thought. Heh.

I'll get back to you on that.

There's no "colour-bar" on racism... in fact it's open to anyone - no matter what their race, colour or creed... it's something that is human nature in everyone - it's just a question of personal morals and self-control.

I just ask myself

Is it worth arguing about racism? No. It only perpetuates bad feeling.

Do I discriminate against others that way? No? OK, no problem.

Am I offended if someone is racist towards me? No. It's their problem, not mine.

I just suck it up and move on. Life's too short.

There's no "colour-bar" on racism... in fact it's open to anyone - no matter what their race, colour or creed... it's something that is human nature in everyone - it's just a question of personal morals and self-control.
I just ask myself

Is it worth arguing about racism? No. It only perpetuates bad feeling.

Do I discriminate against others that way? No? OK, no problem.

Am I offended if someone is racist towards me? No. It's their problem, not mine.

I just suck it up and move on. Life's too short.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back