peircings

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum took me, my mum said if someone at school has theirs done you can have yours done. And one of my friends just transfered and she had hers done so I was in luck :) .
oh you were in luck then huh?? haha

well sorry for the misunderstanding
No worries. I just hope you sincerely understand what I meant, as well as the fact that I'm trying to be helpful, even if it seems that I'm being an annoying person. I'm sorry that I could not just agree with the "do it yourself" mentality, but I feel that it's not the best route to go.

I hope that your piercings heal up okay. You said you had a guardian, and I'm guessing they won't be happy with what you did when they find out. I'd like to offer you some advice - do with it what you'd like (listen, ignore, laugh at - whatever).

If they make you take out your piercings, listen to them. Be mature about it and try to work out an agreement with them; something along the lines "doing well in school" usually works. Or, read up about body piercings and tell them that you'd like to have yours redone. If you show that you really care and understand, they may be more apt to agree as compared to if you throw up protest.

If you feel you want to talk more about it with me, that's fine.

No worries. I just hope you sincerely understand what I meant, as well as the fact that I'm trying to be helpful, even if it seems that I'm being an annoying person. I'm sorry that I could not just agree with the "do it yourself" mentality, but I feel that it's not the best route to go.
I hope that your piercings heal up okay. You said you had a guardian, and I'm guessing they won't be happy with what you did when they find out. I'd like to offer you some advice - do with it what you'd like (listen, ignore, laugh at - whatever).

If they make you take out your piercings, listen to them. Be mature about it and try to work out an agreement with them; something along the lines "doing well in school" usually works. Or, read up about body piercings and tell them that you'd like to have yours redone. If you show that you really care and understand, they may be more apt to agree as compared to if you throw up protest.

If you feel you want to talk more about it with me, that's fine.
yeah the only problem is that i go to a private school so they dont allow odd peircings....and you can see my nose so i will prolly have to take iot out anyways. My gardian might not find out though ;]] haha

thanx for the advice though

yeah the only problem is that i go to a private school so they dont allow odd peircings....and you can see my nose so i will prolly have to take iot out anyways. My gardian might not find out though ;]] haha
thanx for the advice though
If a teacher, administrator, or any other school faculty see it and tell you to remove it, you may be able to talk it out with them. You'd also, of course, need to talk to your guardian about it.

There is jewelry made to keep your piercings discrete. If your guardian says it's okay for you to keep your piercings, you can ask the school faculty if you could wear such jewelry. There is jewelry made of clear materials like glass or plastics and jewelry that is made to be skin-tone. As I said before, if you want to keep your piercings, you may have a better chance if you talk things out and get an agreement. :)

2 lobe piercings, and one cartilage piercing at the top of my right ear.

Mind you that I am only 12 years old. :)

I hope to get my belly button done next year.

The ones that don't care are the ones that are simply out to get your money. :S Plenty of places will pierce so long as the child's guardian or parent allows it, signing the documentation for proof. Such piercings are usually limited to nasal, ear, and navel. 16 tends to be the common age when parental/guardian permission is not required, though piercing options are still limited. 18 tends to be the age where an individual can get anything pierced.

Countries, states, and even provinces have their own rules though.

The ones that don't care are the ones that are simply out to get your money. :S Plenty of places will pierce so long as the child's guardian or parent allows it, signing the documentation for proof. Such piercings are usually limited to nasal, ear, and navel. 16 tends to be the common age when parental/guardian permission is not required, though piercing options are still limited. 18 tends to be the age where an individual can get anything pierced.
Countries, states, and even provinces have their own rules though.
In Washington it's 18 to have any kind of piercing without parental permission.

At 16 you can get anything but genitalia pierced with parental permission.

There's a guy out here that will do any piercing on any aged person without parental permission. He's had so many lawsuits against him it's ridiculous. I know a few people who have gone there.

The place I went for my belly button was expensive compared to other places o.o I think mine was about $60 when the place I usually go now is only about $30-40.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Washington it's 18 to have any kind of piercing without parental permission.At 16 you can get anything but genitalia pierced with parental permission.

There's a guy out here that will do any piercing on any aged person without parental permission. He's had so many lawsuits against him it's ridiculous. I know a few people who have gone there.

The place I went for my belly button was expensive compared to other places o.o I think mine was about $60 when the place I usually go now is only about $30-40.
That guy certainly needs to be taken out of business, permanently. Doesn't sound like it's going to happen though. It's a shame that he can stay in business, but that's the sad reality of how the world works. :p

The price difference could've been from many factors including: shop's traffic (or "popularity"), jewelry used and even cost of store operation. I hope you are happy with your navel piercing though ! :D

Since I originally had my septum (back in 2004), the price at the shop I had it done has gone up at least $10 - more if you include the tip. The shop was very busy though, so I wasn't surprised to see the cost go up.

I had been asking questions to a piercer about what I wanted, and through the conversation, I guesstimate that it'll be at least $50. 4ga earlobe piercing, direct tapering to 2ga. The needles themselves aren't too much more expensive than standard 14/16ga from what I've seen, but the price still goes up to reflect the amount of work going into it.

I'd not really be surprised if they said it was closer to $75. I need to get in touch with the piercer again, though I am hesitant because the more I talk, the more anxious I become, and I can't afford that work right now.

That guy certainly needs to be taken out of business, permanently. Doesn't sound like it's going to happen though. It's a shame that he can stay in business, but that's the sad reality of how the world works. :p
The price difference could've been from many factors including: shop's traffic (or "popularity"), jewelry used and even cost of store operation. I hope you are happy with your navel piercing though ! :D

Since I originally had my septum (back in 2004), the price at the shop I had it done has gone up at least $10 - more if you include the tip. The shop was very busy though, so I wasn't surprised to see the cost go up.

I had been asking questions to a piercer about what I wanted, and through the conversation, I guesstimate that it'll be at least $50. 4ga earlobe piercing, direct tapering to 2ga. The needles themselves aren't too much more expensive than standard 14/16ga from what I've seen, but the price still goes up to reflect the amount of work going into it.

I'd not really be surprised if they said it was closer to $75. I need to get in touch with the piercer again, though I am hesitant because the more I talk, the more anxious I become, and I can't afford that work right now.
Oddly enough, the guy who runs that shop has been shut down many times, but somehow he keeps opening back up x.x

I don't know how much business was at the place I got my belly button done. I know there is always tons on business at the place I go to now.

It slipped my mind that all those things factor in price ^.^'

Good luck with the piercing plans :3 Hope they heal well.

My bottom set of earrings are at a 2 right now. I'm planning to eventually take them down to a 0.

Oddly enough, the guy who runs that shop has been shut down many times, but somehow he keeps opening back up x.x
I don't know how much business was at the place I got my belly button done. I know there is always tons on business at the place I go to now.

It slipped my mind that all those things factor in price ^.^'

Good luck with the piercing plans :3 Hope they heal well.

My bottom set of earrings are at a 2 right now. I'm planning to eventually take them down to a 0.
As far as I know, some states have stricter regulations regarding piercing and tattoo parlors than others. I'm not sure about the fine, legal details regarding the state that guy is operating in. However, it sounds like as long as there are minors who want to get pierced but don't have consent, he'll be around to pierce and make money off of them. He sounds tricky, and I'm sure there are ways to run a business from a commercial building without having the qualifications for a parlor.

As far as I know, parlors have autoclaves. I do not know if they're mandatory, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are. When you own an autoclave, you have to get it checked and certified every so often to make sure that it is working the way it should. Just like how restaurants now have sanitary scores displayed where the consumer can easily see it.

I hope my plans go well too! Whenever they can be started, that is! :D

I've seen some nice jewelry at 0ga - sometimes it makes me sad to see such nice jewelry only being produced at 0ga and larger. My ears had been stretched to a 2ga for about 3 years and after removing jewelry, are back to nothing - even the fistulas have started to heal. I was surprised at the elasticity of my skin, but that's a good thing! I may decide to stretch to 0ga one day, but for now, 2ga is my goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back